After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lumetri Color to show exact values in wheels and hue

wheels are abstract and could not be linked with expressions, because there are no values. could be helpful in cases if you'd need to reverse the wheels with exact values

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lumetri Color to be Senseied

I've done my own research on what I do almost everytime when I adjust Lemtri sliders, and connected some of them via expressions so that' I use 2 sliders for most of the settings.
    Could be a cool thing to have some clever controls, like a slider vintage to sci-fi, or night - day...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add label colour selection to new composition

Allow the setting of label colour when you create a new comp (or precomp), rather than having it just adopt the label colour of the parent.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Constant AE and Premiere crashes after April updates

Since the April updates to AE and Premiere, both programs crash constantly. Premiere always crashes when I try and drag an ae element into a folder within the project pane. AE crashes every time I open any of the linked AE files that I use in Premiere. I have been forced to install previous versions of each program, which fixed all issues.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. camera raw sequence animate processing

Would it be possible to import camera raw sequences that you could animate the processing values over time? For example, bring in a raw sequence of 100 frames and keyframe the exposure value to change from 0 to -2 over the span of the sequence. I know it's not memory friendly, but would be useful for timelapsers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. resize mask from corner

On Windows 10.0.16299 Build 16299 and After Effects 15.1.1 (Build 12)

When pasting shapes from illustrator or even creating a new mask shape in After Effects there is about a 5-10 pixel radius in which the user must hover over the corner of the mask in order to have the diagonal or 45 degree shaped pen tool appear which allows the mask to be resized from the corner, or proportionally while holding ALT + SHIFT at the same time.

This is a feature I use across all Adobe software often as it easily allows the user to resize the mask…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Interlaced in 29,97 doesn't work on PC

When I output file with 29,97 Interlaced, since the last update, it's NOT interlaced.

Thks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug report: Dynamically linked scenes from Character Animator not displaying properly

My scene in AE was working until a few days ago. Now, after replacing some footage with an updated version, it is displaying the wrong information. When I preview in the timeline it slowly reveals the correct scene. However, upon rendering, it produces the wrong result. AE is very slow for me, so this new issue is very frustrating.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Huge preview issue on windows 7

On windows 7 I had this very time-consuming issue in all updates the past 1,5 years where the preview stops working and the only solution is to restart AE. This happens 5-10 times everyday.

It seems that the only hint is that the issue comes when switching between apps and back to AE.

When i press spacebar or any other way to play the comp, the only thing that happens is that the marker moves one frame back on the timeline.

This issue has fallowed me through all updates but does not show on my laptop with windows 10, so…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stttuer Please

Could you solve this problem please? it's been two years with this annoying bug to write

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2345891

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adobe Sensei to learn how to better use rotobrush and extract hair details

rotobrush is pretty slow on rendering, so I'd suggest to help it by building its shapes not from one frame, but creating like custom checkpoints defined buy user where he thinks the movement changes dramatically and he inavitably would draw some more brushes from there, so and meanwhile rotobush would merge its calculations inbetween those checkpoints...

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Comp Frame Rates

Ideally, when you make a new comp in a project, it should check the frame rate of the last comp you made in THAT project. Often I switch to another project in between that has a different frame rate, and then I go back and don't notice I'm making new comps at 59.94 instead of 24fps. I know it's my fault, but can I get a little help? :)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG FIX: There is a problem accessing audio and video data since you last saved this project

There is a problem accessing audio and video data. After working for 1 day, I can no longer access video inside files. Replace and reloading of footage doesn't work.

This is the first AE project I have done since updating. I have waited 6 months for bugs to be worked out but still Adobe fails. This is an old AE project that I updated. I can't revert to previous AE versions because all the work was successfully done in this latest version before the project crashed. I don't have time to redo the whole project again. 1 round of work…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. a Premiere Layer in After Effects with visible edits

For every cut in AE you need 2 layers. Very quickly you have a lot of layers. If you precomps the layers, you don't see "outside" the timing of the edits "under the skin". A Premiere layer only for editing would be dramatically reduce the amount of layer & you could see every edit for timing of your animation.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the "Create VR environment" dockable

When using composition -> VR -> Create VR environment, the small window isn't dockable.
    It's fine for creating a comp, but afterwards you need to "refresh the VR output" quite often, so it's really tedious having to go to the menu every time.
    When it was still Mettle skybox this option was available in the effects panel, way more practical !

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. After Effects stops responding when accessing preferences

Since the 15.1 update (15.1.1 update didn't fix this), I cannot access the preferences within After Effects. When trying to choose any other the categories, the program becomes unresponsive and has to be force quit. I am using mac OS 10.13.4

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. give more transform options to the curve editor's bounding box

Would help a lot to add more options to transform the bounding box that appears around selected points in the curve editor like rotate, shear scale only one size(either left, top, bottom or right) would be activate by a combination of the usual meta buttons (alt/option , cmd/ctrl, shift etc) and would act like the photoshop transform tool for example
    (if we could have that same set of options for the masks ... It would be great also..)

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Despite Auto-Save is off AE CC2015.1 saves project and then crashes

AE CC2015.1 (166) / Mac-OS 10.13.4

When opening a certain project After Effects save the project (despite having Auto-Save off) as soon as the CTI is moved and then AE crashes.
    Please find the Mac-OS message as well as Crash-log here: https://adobe.ly/2qUvbB0

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base