After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send a job to Media Encoder from the Render Queue.

I find myself sending jobs to render queue and starting the render and then realizing that I have to make changes on it, so to make the changes I need to stop the render which is not convenient, if there was an option to continue the render on media encoder like ''RightClick on the job rendering - Continue on Media Encoder'' that would be really useful.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow user to change the default mode when creating a mask. (e.g. add, subtract, none)

When I create a mask in After Effects the mask's mode is automatically set to "add". I generally want my masks set to "none" while I am working as I am doing rotoscoping. It would be great if I could choose what the default mode is for newly created masks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for 180° Stereoscopic viewing in Adobe Immersive Environment

Adobe Immersive Environment only supports 360° for Monoscopic and the two Stereoscopic modes of viewing currently. As someone who works with a lot of stereo 180° video, this is disappointing.

I have to convert to 360° over under to view my footage, and doing this in the software slows things down quite a bit.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. VR Comp Editor has a bug in Windows but not in Mac version

VR comp editor on Windows does not work in terms of Apply AE 3D CameraTracker. Please fix this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wrap Stabilizer BUG

The Wrap Stabilizer function is not reliable at all. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it displays the message "Unable to acquire rendered frame"
    I have tried different clips, and it crashes on all of them. I'm not the only one who encountered this problem, which doesn't seem to have a solution. PLEASE HELP!!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. no black screen

So there's this problem (i don't know if it's occurring to anyone else) where i open after effects, make a new comp or open a project and the viewing box doesn't show anything, no footage or even a black background, it's just grey, playback and caching my videos is fine, i can hear the audio and the time indicator in the timeline is moving but nothing is showing, i've reinstalled, restarted and cleared my caches, any help on this? I use adobe cc18, 16gb of RAM, and have a Radeon(TM) RX 480 graphics card

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Missing Beziers on shape layer vector object position property in value graph

Can't adjust curves on shape layer vector objects position property in value graph because they are missing the bezier handles

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug in Track Motion

When i try to use Track Motion, After Effects only tracks 1 frame and then stops, making it impossible to track my sequences. My colleagues do not experience this, they have tried using the exact same files and it works on their machines. It works for me with mp4 files but not image sequences.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Save backup project to creative cloud

Have a backup project that is automatically saved to the cloud when you save the local project file, like Premiere has.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. nvidia optix technology

Nvidia Optix technology, drastically increase rendering speed and integration of 3d models and raytracing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy pastable Lumetri Color from PP to AE

so that you could use exact color matching that premiere's panel did in After effects

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Path points not editable or stretching attributes

I'm experiencing strange bugs in the path item on a shape layer.

When I make a two point path (a line) I can no longer go back to edit those points, most of the time. The other times it creates strange affects to other attributes, such as stroke. Stretching the stroke instead of redrawing it at the same width across the path.

I tested in 2017, and initial tests show the expected result, the points are editable and the stroke shows up the right way. But the 2018 version is acting totally different.

A video to show what I'm experiencing…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prevent comp expression reference errors when importing project with same-name compositions

Example: I have a project with a "Video" comp. I import a project that contains another "Video" comp, and another comp with expressions referencing the "Video" comp. This reference now goes to the wrong comp.

Obviously, the expression should reference the "Video" comp in the imported project, but this is not the case (at least not always).

Solution 1: Go to the closest comp in the project files. You choose the comp that you need to go up the least folders to get to. This means that it'll prioritize the comp if it's in the newly created "<project file>.aep" folder.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show the keyframe duration in the Timeline

This small feature was suggested by sandervandijk:

http://www.sandervandijk.tv/after-effects-features/keyframes#keyframe-duration

Adding this small eye candy of darkening the area behind the keyframe would make the timeline a lot easier to read for me as it looks a lot more structured.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug Report - AE 15.0.1 - lumetri scopes - RGB Parade - Green Channel is not correct

There is a bug in After Effects when you open Lumetri Scopes - RGB Parade. The green channel is not displaying correctly. Even with a pure black solid (displays the green channel as slightly lifted) or a pure white solid (displays the green channel as slightly clipped). Confidence in scopes is very important and clearly we cannot trust the Lumetri Scopes' accuracy.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Team Projects: Enable Export as Motion Graphics Template (mogrt)

In a Team Project, enable the option to export a composition as a Motion Graphics Template (mogrt) - this is currently disabled in Team Projects.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. RenderQueue.render interacts poorly with undo.

I understand that it doesn't make a lot of sense to undo rendering but I maintain a suite of scripts (written by others) which do a lot of complicated project manipulation along with rendering here and there.

The scripts stopped working in CC2017; app.project.renderQueue.render() wouldn't do anything. No errors, it would just immediately return without running the render. app.onError would catch a couple of lines suggesting a render was started but only for the first item in the RQ.

During the course of ripping everything apart and putting it back together again I started getting these "undo group mismatch, attempting…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Batch or Group Replace Layers

It would be awesome if AE could replace multiple layers in the timeline with multiple items in the Project Panel (while holding the Option key) like some sort of group replace mechanism. The order in which the files in the Project panel could match the existing selected layers in the timeline could be based on which item in the Project Panel was clicked first, second, third, etc.
    Or even better: right-click on the selected items in the Project panel and make a new 'group replace' menu? Maybe a pop window appears that confirms the layers to be replaced with the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base