After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More info in the info panel - e.g. size of a Shape

Wouldn't it be great to see the exact size (of the bounding box) of a Shape, when it is selected?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear 'Open Recent' list option in menu

Just a simple addition of 'Clear Recent' in the 'open recent' fly-out. Good for shared computers for privacy.

See Audition as example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VR Converter broken in AE 2019

VR Converter in AE 2019 seems to not be working. I created a cubemap layout of 90 deg 1x1 renders and then dropped that into another comp. It would not convert from or to any format. regardless of any options.

I took the same footage into AE 2018 and it all worked as expected.

Sooooo. yeah.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the shortcuts for Ease keyframes actually work

The 3 keyboard shortcuts to set Easing motion (F9 for EasyEase, ShiftF9 for EaseIn and ShiftCmdF9 for EaseOut) do not work like expected.

E.g. when a keyframe is already Easing in, ShiftCmdF9 results in an EasyEase keyframe, in stead of switching to EaseOut.
    It adds the EaseOut to the EaseIn.

These shortcuts would be of more use when doing what is promised.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autocut wherever 1. changes in pic AND 2. sound level are below a specific level

Need to cut a lot tutorial videos and webinars wherever two criterias are fullfilled: Changes in Pic AND in Sound are below a specific level (i.e. the speach is pausing AND there is no silent but important action on screen taking place. Would be perfect to get rid of those parts automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let me keyframe the Layer Control Property

Stop preventing me from doing things i need to do. I don't need to be protected. Let me keyframe this Layer Control. Let me put controls on Lights and cameras. I don't want my timeline cluttered up with invisible layers that only serve as containers for controls.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please implement project cloak!

Hey guys! Almost a year ago you had Project Cloak in development:
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/19/adobe-max-cloak-smart-erase-sneak

But we haven't heard anything else from this. Will we get it?.
    Content aware removal is really handy.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Workspace goes wacky after Open / Import / Resize on PC

Since CC 2019, I've been struggling with workspaces. Any time I click and drag a file to import / Open a new project, or resize my window, my whole UI resizes itself. I find myself constantly Resetting My Workspace over and over again. I've tried deleting all my workspaces and re-building them from scratch, but having the same issue. CC 2018 didn't do this, also it's only a PC issues from what I can tell.

Would be great to have this patched, thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. morph cut in After Effects

morph cut in After Effects

After Effects is a VFX software which should have a complex version of the classic morph cut of Premiere Pro, for creating complex morphing effects.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Master Properties bug (String Memory Leak)

If I use Master Properties to edit text inside a pre-comp, I get a "string memory leak" error when I quit After Effects. If I then clear the custom text by clicking the "Pull from Master Comp" icon, and then save and re-open After Effects, I no longer get the error (at least until I edit the text again through Master Properties).

As an example, I have attached two files. The file with text edited through Master Properties gives me the error upon quitting AE. The other file is identical, except that the text has not been edited through Master…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add After Effects to the IPad Pro

Since the full version of Photoshop is coming to the IPad Pro, I think it would be good for creatives if After Effects, or a mobile variant of it came to the IPad Pro as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Huge Perfomance Problems with after effects

Since the Update to Adobe CC2019 we have huge perfomance issues with After Effects, every slight render takes forever and even the smalles actions are lagging and dont perform well at all. We got HP Z440 Workstations with Intel Xeon E5-1620 v4 @3.50 Ghz, 64 GB of RAM and an nVidia Qadro M2000 GPU. The interesting thing is that the pc isnt stressed at all, we got 60 gig RAM reserved for AE but it uses only 4 – 6 at a time.Any else got this problem and hopefully a soltion?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. calculations, set matte, set channels - all drop down parameters to be expression- linkable and store the exact reference layer

Right now if I were to copy or apply as effect preset calculations on a layer, it could loose the second layer link to even if it is named the same as previous.
    and would be so helpful to have them linkable so you could copy paste reference links to different compositions.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding master properties to essential graphics

When working in a comp that already has a pre-comp with master properties in it, allow adding the master property to the essential graphics panel

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Access bounding box for text animator selectors in expressions

I would like to be able to coordinate external objects with text animations. Specifically I would like to have an arrow pointing at the currently selected line of text. In order to do this I would like to be able to access the bounding box for the selected text inside an expression.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Expression Editor Keyboard Shortcuts *BUG*

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. When editing code, I often delete specific parts by selecting words (Shift+option+arrow keys). For some reason in the new expression editor, using option+arrow keys will jump words but adding in shift to select reverts it back to selecting letter by letter for some reason. It looks like this is now used to select multiple lines, but that's kind of an unexpected behavior. Usually, in code editing software, multi-line select is handled by option+drag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Resetting previous composition settings to default.

Composition settings panel always retains the "previous settings". This should be a configurable property if User doesn't like this option.

There should be a way to reset them back to Default from extendscript.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow us to override embedded color profiles on imported footage

When working in color-managed linear space, when you have an item of footage with an embedded color profile (in the "interpret footage" window), there's no option to override it - the popup of other Profiles is grayed out. This is incredibly annoying when you eg. have supplied footage that is Log, but for some reason has an embedded (or interpreted) profile of REC709. We should always be able to override the default embedded color space in the interpret footage window and assign a new color profile. Applying color profile effects to the layer in a composition is a poor workaround,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A more convenient way to select a property

Clicking on the same line of the property should highlight it instead of me having to manually go to select the property's name.

When I want to create a keyframe using a keyboard shortcut, I have to click on the name of the property. But the "clock" is right next to the property's name, what's the point of using shortcut then?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a list of supported graphic cards for Adobe After Effects CC 2019

HOW CAN THE REQUIREMENTS PAGE FOR ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS NOT HAVE A LIST OF SUPPORTED GRAPHIC CARDS??????

THE ANSWER THAT SUPPORT ONLINE GAVE ME WAS USE THE LIST OF SUPPORTED GPUs FOR PREMIER PRO!!!!! THIS ANSWER IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

PLEASE ADD THIS ASAP!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base