After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Layer Control Pick Whip Does Nothing! (Oversight?)

There's a pick whip icon to the right of the Layer Control UI element (in the effects) but apparently it serves no function whatsoever.
    Either:
    A) The pick whip icon should go so as to not mislead the user.
    B) Better yet, to justify its presence there, expression support should be added to the layer selector, as expected.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug.

This is a known problem with the Property Link Pick Whip. The pick whip control is visible on all properties, but it is not usable on properties that can not be animated (i.e., do not have the time-vary stopwatch control to the left of the property name). If the property can not be animated, it can’t have an expression, which is what the pick whip creates.

Layer controls can not currently be animated in After Effects. If this is a feature that you would like to see added, please create a new feature request explicitly for that, so the request is both clear and can be voted on by other people.

2. Increment and Save filename options

Suddenly the filename increment on Increment And Save has changed; and no option to change it to how it used to be OR simply to how you want it to be. The date thing is super confusing! Unless I'm missing the setting? Would love control over this. Now I have to hit "Save As..." and increment the save myself.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE fix this bug ASAP!!!!! (Solution needed)

So I was working as usual, and suddenly AE showed up an error: "Cant ... Audio and Video... different..." so the program told me that 16 Videos aren't available anymore so they were set offline. Heres the thing... After I relinked them (even though they were still saved at the same spot in the same folder and I didn't chance a thing about them...) AE said that all the files changed their size from 1920x1080 to 1x1... 1x1?!?! How/why should I even do that?? Also the text told me that I need to do the motion tracking, camera tracking stabilizer…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. auto hide bug (mac)

This bug has been driving me crazy! every time i click out of after effects (on the desktop) AE hides itself. So if im trying to drag in footage i have no where to drop. Running all the latest.

I heard adobe is aware of the bug and that it only happens to some people. Even if the fix is a plist delete, anything would be helpful

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make pupet tools compatible with master property

Hi !
    I have tested the new system of master property on nested compositions.

I would like to use it for rigging character, but the pupet tool doesn't working for now.

The concept is great, i think but very limited without this basic feature !
    Could you make this system compatible to pupet tools, please.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Accessing "Source Text" property by script throw an error

When accessing the "Source Text" property from script, after effect throw an error. This wasn't the case previously.

How to reproduce :
    Simply create a comp, add a text Layer, select it.
    Then run the following script

function main(){
    var source = app.project.activeItem.selectedLayers[0].property("Source Text");
    var i=2; // place a breakpoint at this line
    }
    main();

It will throw
    After Effects error: Can't get color, this text has no stroke.

And if you inspect the property value, the stroke attribute also has the error.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [FX] Remove Grain not using multi-core as promised

In a recent update, AE promised the 'Remove Grain' effect would from now on profit from multi-core PCs (Source https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/whats-new.html under "Perfomance improvements").

But it still doesn't use more than two threads on my machine. See attached images for comparison, or this mirror: https://imgur.com/gallery/Enisx

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Convert Expression to Keyframes freeze

Often when running the Convert Expression to Keyframes action, the program will freeze a short while in, returning to normal once the process has completed. While my hardware is low-end, a process like this shouldn't need to use memory in a fashion that results in the program hanging.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preview Resolution options above the composition resolution

Importing vector assets into AE can sometimes lead to arbitrary and sometimes very low resolution precomps that you have to animate within unless you want to go to the effort of resizing things in both precomp and master compositions. This resizing doesnt do anything objectively since its all vectors, it'l all shake out fine in the end.

But during the production it is a pain to either animate in very low resolution compositions or to go to the effort to resize things.

The option to just set the preview resolution above the compositions actual resolution, in the same way you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Random crashes

No matter what project i open, after a while out of nowhere AE will crash. i'm not given an error message and the computer function fine but i have to restart the software every time, sometimes every 5 minutes. Often it'll happen while i am selecting something and am trying to drag it around.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This is a challenging bug report.

I have been using After Effects since 1995 when it was owned by CoSa. I have never had a problem like this. Strange After Effects issue: Both of these movies used the same After Effects project file. The opacity fade didn't work in CC2018. After two hours of testing I rendered one last test in CC2018 (see attached file) and was not able to see the simple opacity fade. I then save the AE project file back one version to CC2017. I rendered the same test without changing a thing and was successfully able to get the simple fade to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ram preview

The RAM Preview option "cache before playback" doesn't work when checked. Playback immediately begins and proceeds to enter non-realtime, instead of waiting for the work area to be rendered/cached.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: iMac main Screen as Mercury, with main GUI on Thunderbolt display sometimes fails

Bug: iMAc main Screen as Mercury, with main GUI on Thunderbolt display sometimes fails. Not sure if it is sleep, or lack of RAM, but restart needed to get it back. Latest versions as of 6July2018.
    Unusual set up I know but would be good to check and support it if possible.
    iMac18,3 i7 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 580 8GB

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keep clip settings on PR>AE 'replace with AE composition'

Replacing an image sequence @[x]FPS in PR with an AE composition results in AE overriding the clip framerate with the setting in AE>preferences>import>sequence footage.

This is counter-intuitive, and can lead to a massive loss of time fixing the problem. It is reasonable to expect the clip to have the same frame rate, as the point of Dynamic Linking is surely to allow seamless movement between applications.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In curves the alpha curve is hardly visible

So as the interface is dark and the alpha curve is dark it can be hardly visible make it purple or give it an outline

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a way to replace an image inside a composition but keep the size of the previous one.

Imagine you animate an image and then realize that the image's resolution is too low for your needs and you need to replace it with a bigger one. If you just replace the file, the size will be too big and you need to work around that fact. It would be really time-saving to be able to do this automatically.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. be able to render front view

it would save a lot of tim and work being able to render the frontal view instead of having to render a camera.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Indent First Line

it would be great to be able to script or animate paragraph settings, like indentations.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base