After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Composition window freeze

AE 2019 v16.0 Composition and Footage window viewers freeze and not able to view live preview.

Timeline caches and runs fine and I can hear audio, but the viewer is frozen and doesn't update. I've tried troubleshooting various things such as purging memory, closing and reopening project, uninstall/reinstall the program.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add bounce should be a native feature for keyframe assistant.

If we have wiggle for a native feature we should have bounce as a native feature to one click add to our keyframed animation without having to grab the expression each time and copy and paste.

Here's the bounce I use.
    https://gist.github.com/animoplex/aafd6a157282351c8dfeea385d969ef2

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why does point tracking gradually slow down?

If you track a point on a shot which is quite long and not saved in RAM the tracker gradually slows to a crawl. I recently needed to perform a face track on a 15 minute piece of footage. It's near realtime for the first 300 or so frames then it gets slower and slower until it's tracking around one frame a second. This seems completely illogical, why would it matter how long the footage is?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: Shape layer with the built-in glow effect adds edges to composition (Windows 64-bit CC 2019 v16.0.1)

I created a basic shape layer (ellipse) and added the built-in glow effect to it. I customised the effect and later noticed that it adds some hard edges to my composition. Upon discussion on After Effects forum, I found out it's a bug and so, filed a bug report here.

For the screenshots, file and discussion, visit: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2573455

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Duplicate Comps that creates duplicates of internal Comps

When I duplicate a Comp, the duplicated comp uses the same internal comps as the original.

This is correct, but it would be nice to have an option that also duplicates internal comps.

That way I’m not going to affect a comp that have duplicated.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to link adjustment layer to the label group only

Hi
    I wish there was more features to adjustment layers. I want to have the option to apply an adjustment layer to my comp but choose what clips that it should affect. Let say I have many clips in my comp and 5 of them need the same color correction and effects, but I have layers below that I don't want to be affected. I wish there was an option that I could let the adjustment layer be linked to colors of the label group. That the same label group of the clip will be affected by adjustment layer if…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expression Editing Window

I just really want a separate Expression panel, like the effects panel, where I can write expressions, and see what I'm writing without having to resize the text box on the timeline every time.

Don't really care about coloured text or any of that other functionality. Just a simple text box.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Right Click-Delete

Right Click on Image or Video, and Clik on Delete
    Right Click-Delete

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. E-gpu

Hello, are Adobe products accountable with e-gpu external systems?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. essential graphics

Allow dragging properties from the Effects Controls panel to the Essential Graphics panel.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. link layers in the timeline

It would be very nice to be able to link layers in the timeline. Sometimes a lot of layers together makes up an effect and its preferable not to move it into a Pre-comp. And when needing to move layers in the timeline it would have been nice to be able to link certain layers together so when you move them forward/backward in time, all the linked layers will follow.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keyframe can contain expressions and that keyframe's value is the result of the expression

Allow keyframes to contain expressions. This would allow the user to blend hand-crafted animations with procedural parts.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Width Tool in AE.

Why not create a width tool like the one available in Illustrator?

This would improve the freedom of creativity, and we would stop making characters with straight arms, geometric shapes, etc. I know that Animate CC exists, but the options offered by AE are infinitely better and easier than An.

If you make an animation in AE, with figures created in AI, it is very noticeable that you have done with these two programs. We all have to do it in the same way, and that bothers me.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. IDEA: Fusion Modes Preview

You should add the same new Photoshop fusion modes preview into both Premiere Pro and After Effects. ;)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Generating layers that fit in duration with a selected layer

If I am creating stacks of shape/solid/or adjustment layers on top of each other - it would be great to be able to select the first layer (the foundation) and then when I click - create new shape layer - the new shape layer stacks perfectly on top of the original foundation layer - the current workflow requires - that I create a new shape layer that is then the duration of the entire composition - and then I have to trim it to fit the foundation layer - also - one thing I find very strange - is when…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Render speed 700% slower because of expressions?

I've created a very simple, JSON driven lower-third in AE, whose layers are automatically sized, positioned, formatted and animated. It consists of 2x text, 2x shape layers, 0 effects–apart of sliders–and 11 expressions.

Render time, w/ expressions in AE: 42s
    Render time, w/ expressions in aerender: 42s
    Render time, w/ expressions in AME: 14s
    RAM preview at full resolution, w/ expressions in AE: 5s

Render time, w/o expressions in AE: 6s
    Render time, w/o JSON, but w/ expressions in AE: 14s

This happens under Windows 10 and OSX 10.12 on two separate machines; I've taken care of purging the disk…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug copying/pasting position data from face track to a null

This is a bug where copying the mask motion data from face tracking and pasting it into the position of a null causes the application to crash.

This is a repeatable event, please fix.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

In simple tests, I was unable to cause a crash by copying the Mask Path property of a face-tracked mask to the Position property of a null layer.

Can you provide us with a project, with footage, that reproduces the problem?

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

18. Bug - applying Lumetri after Primatte Key causes a slight unexpected scale shift.

The layer is masked.

AE CC 2019
    MacBook Pro 15" 2016
    2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It would be helpful if we could see screenshots of the problem (with and without the shift) and/or a project that demonstrates the issue.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

19. Fix GPU errors with curves & mask composites.

Since AE 2019 using curves along with composite masks occasionally (and quite often) causes GPU errors which brings up a pop telling me to use software rendering. I'm using a 1080Ti so have plenty of spare memory. I believe curves has just moved to GPU since the 2019 update so it make sense that this bug has only just surfaced.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Is this on Windows or Mac? Which version of the OS?

Can you provide us with specific steps that cause the crash? ex., Apply Curves with X settings and add X number of masks. Or whatever steps lead to the crash.

Or, could you send us a project file that demonstrates the problem? You can post a link here, or if you prefer you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. Please post back if you send an email, as we need to check that inbox manually.

A crash log would also be helpful. Do you get the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog? If not, please choose Help > Adobe Crash Reporter, and set it to always show the dialog. When you get the crash, make sure to add a comment. We also like it (but it is not required) when you include your email…

20. Relative Paths for All Media

So, we work using source control application Perforce. Everyone has their own workspace area, which is the standard way of working using Source Control.

Relative Paths would save us so many headaches when working in this way. At the moment whenever we work on projects together, especially AE comps, the assets can be loaded from any user into the same comp file. This creates many headaches.

So, imagine I've opened a comp that a few of us have worked on, the media could be dragged in from User1, User2 and User3's workspaces. Yes, I can do a 'collect resources' or…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base