After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Importing 23.97 footage with Speed/Duration from Premiere causes error

Importing a Premiere sequence containing a 23.97fps MP4 clip which has Speed/Duration changes or has been Rate Stretched throws the attached errors.

I could not reproduce with 29.97 ProRes footage, so this may be specific to certain framerates. The Premiere sequence was 29.97, and I also got the error while trying to copy/paste the clip to a 29.97 After Effects comp.

Expected behavior: Translate Speed/Duration to the equivalent After Effects concept (Time Remapping?) transparently.

Actual behavior: Sequence import is interrupted, unclear warnings on which clip(s) need attention.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Team Projects in AE crashes every time you try and copy a PSD from one composition to another

I'm trying out team projects for the first time with 2 other animators. I created a master team project file that they are trying to incorporate their existing AEP files into. Each animator imported their old AEP files into the team project. They need to copy layers from their imported comps and paste them into compositions that I made in the team project. Every single time they hit command C to copy the layers from their imported projects, AE crashes and shuts down completely without warning. This was reproducible on different computers on different Adobe accounts. It also happened on…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable online features and Sign-In / Sign out option in Adobe Effects CC

Since we have the enterprise licensing agreement in place and we use enterprise license key to extract installer, we don't want users of our Desktop environment to use personal Adobe ID to Sign In to Adobe CC products.

Thus, we want to disable the sign-in option which is under Help drop-down as per above screenshot (Animate CC 2018).

We would like to have similar functionality to disable the online features and Sign out option in Effects CC which is currently available in Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable online features and Sign out option in Adobe Animate CC

We would like to have the functionality to disable the online features and Sign out option in Adobe Animate CC which is currently available in Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import function library jsx automatically

The ability to import a jsx file with a library of expressions is a great feature. I think it could be improved if there was a file somewhere in the Adobe preferences folder called something like UserFunctions.jsx, which is automatically imported into the After Effects namespace. This would allow users to edit this file and be able to access these functions without needing to manually import the jsx for each project. So if the UserFunctions.jsx contains a function called overshoot(foo, bar) for example, the user can just type overshoot(3, 1) into any expression and it will work. Maybe for safety…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Getting Auto Save errors in After Effects

At our company, we share After Effects files on a NAS system (a QNAP ts-1635). We are running 2013 Mac Pros with El Capitan OS 10.11.6. We constantly get an error that says, "After Effects error: error reading from file [filename] (3 :: 6). Then it creates 0 kb autosaves. I've attached screenshots of what's happening. Any ideas on what's going on or how it can be fixed?

Thank you!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shortcut, that can move a layer up or down in Timeline

Shortcut, that can move a layer/group of layers up or down in Timeline like in photoshop, very handy when working with a lot of layers.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. EPS Antialiasing Preferences

I build most of the graphics for my animations in AI, then import into AE. A lot of the graphics I create are complex and/or rely on gradients. Once they're in AE they look low res and choppy.

Currently, the only solution is to select each individual layer in the Project Panel, click "Interpret Footage," select more options, eps options, antialiasing, then "More Accurate." Not the end of the world, but annoying.

I'd like to request an option to make this easier and quicker to do en masse. Preferably an option within the preferences panel referring to EPS antialiasing. Or…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. consolidate and transcode

Please add "consolidate and transcode" like Premiere Pro in After Effects!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shortcut: trim layer to work area time / set in and out time of layer to in and out time of work area.

I spend so much time using the bracket keys to trim layers and most of the time I'm trimming to the work area boundaries. There should be a shortcut that does this automatically. When you duplicate a layer from another time or drop a new layer in a comp, just press a shortcut key to trim it to the work area. Simple but will save so much time manually trimming layers to the work area.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: Masking a Lumetri adjustment layer transforms the underlying footage...

weird mask bug here.

I have footage. I put an adjustment layer above it. I put Lumetri in it. I go and draw a mask to make the adjustment just inside that mask.... the normal relighting routine.

Usually this would work flawlessly. But today when I tried it it results in the underlying image data being masked, yes. But the footage is also squeezed into that area.

With other effects, like Curves. It works as expected. But with the lumetri effect it squishes the footage like a canadian comedian squishes heads... See attached image

I guess I can't mask adjustments…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. GPU ACCELERATED CYCORE EFFECTS

You could (and you should) accelerate the Cycore effects of After Effects by GPU.

TKS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. dump the flowchart view

Nobody uses it and i'm always accidentally opening it (it's right next to "reveal layer source in project"). If you're going to implement node workflow them keep the code, but at least remove the menu item.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Permacache" - Ability to define a comp that never loses its RAM preview cache

Ability to define comp(s) that never give up their preview cache for precomp use.

Reasoning: If doing a conform for a sequence of edits, and each shot is a precomp, it would help to be able to always jump back out to the main sequence and "play it down" with minimal rendering required. Only updated comps would need re-rendering.

It kind of does this now - however, as soon as the system runs out of RAM, the oldest cache goes which is usually from the master comp while working on conforms.

OR - comps that are defined to be 'permacached'…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Import Xd Files into AE

I would like to be able to import Adobe Xd Files into After Effects, to create animations in your app design. Furthermore, it would be great if you can use these animations from After effects in Adobe Xd to prototype your app.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep "Convert to Editable Text" on 2 clicks

Please take back "Convert to Editable Text" to 2 clicks by not putting it on a submenu, for faster workflow.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Many Character Panel font previews rendering using system font

For the last few versions of After Effects (I joined CC in Nov 2017) I don't remember the font sample previews ever working properly. Some fonts do show previews. but many are missing.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or is this a bug? Is it possible to flush the preview cache and force a recompute?

I'm on Windows 7 x64 Pro, with AE CC 2018 (15.1.2 Build 69)

I have quite a few fonts on my system (1000+) but Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign CC have no problem generating font previews correctly.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show Peak Audio Value in Audio Panel

Like other apps, show a bar indicating the peak audio level during playback. Just a bar indicating where the highest volume point was. Bonus points if this can also be displayed as a numerical value.

Requesting because delivery specifications of a comp can vary from medium to medium and I'd like to be able to adjust the volume within AE rather than exporting separate audio tracks at multiple volume levels from another app.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: OpenEXR different Color AE/PP

Hello,
    we render a lot with OpenEXR in After Effetcs. If I am import them into Premiere the Color is different in comparison when I import them in After Effects. My workaround is to import the File in After Effects and make an dynamik Link in Premiere Pro.

By the way, the compression slider for Exporting OpenEXR is missing in After Effects. In AME there is a compression Slider for OpenEXR.

Thank you for your Time

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base