After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PLANAR TRACKING AS MOCHA

You could improve the After Effects tracking/stabilizing tools using the planar tracking method (as Mocha) instead of traditional point tracking method.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please support this formats in after effects

please after effects native support for the follow file formaty

OGG, FLAC,MVK, MKA, ACC. HE-ACC, OPUS, VORBIS, mp3HD, theora, ape, apl, HAP, aPNG, HEVC, H264

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adobe 21 Century vs. Footage (none) Window

Dear Adobe, may we remove "Footage (none)" Window if there is no purpose for it if, uhm, well, no footage is there?
    For the sake of good ole housekeeping or wait unless we hit 22nd century?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow track mattes to be used multiple times

Track mattes should be able to be used by multiple other layers and no longer required to live directly above they layer they affect.

It's very common to need to reuse a matte. The way things are now, I have to duplicate my mattes for every single layer that uses them.

I should just be able to select which layer I want to use as a matte (along with alpha/luma options) and be able to reuse that matte for as many other layers as needed.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. *********IMPORTANT:https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

But NO as another app. It needs to be an improved version of Lumetri modules of After Effects and Premiere Pro, because of the Adobe fluid (non destructive) workflow. It has more sense than developing another kind of Speed Grade as another one app:(. All in one is really better ;)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug 15.1.0 and 15.1.1: Cached preview needs 2 ore more frames to playback

I suddenly received the error "Cached Preview needs 2 ore more frames to playback" for a project and export also did not work anymore. It is reproducible on macOS 10.12.6 and 10.13.5 with 15.1.0 and 15.1.1. I went back to 15.0.1 and it works (upgrading again to 15.1.1 leads to the fact that it does not work anymore again).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve PNG Sequences

I'm seeing it more & more, especially when I do a Time-Reverse layer. Sometimes my PNG Sequences have random blank frames where my art should be visible. Sometimes zooming in & back out again fixes it, sometimes not. It's incredibly frustrating.

SIDENOTE: Your hyperlink to "Bug Reports" on forums.adobe.com is broken. It's probably a mis-typed link.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make common tasks faster/ easier like the Motion v2 plugin does

I know this is a rather open request, but I highly recommend someone on the AE dev team checks this out and tries to update AE to be easier and quicker to use expressions, null, track matte/ mask, organize/ rename layers, etc.

https://www.mtmograph.com/motion/

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AE community library of common and working expressions

it would be great to have an effects-like window where we could contribute to and draw from common expressions like continuous rotation, inertia, bounce etc.

Rather than having to code each time or refer to an external text document.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Global styles.

Possibility to define object styles, which could be applied to many layers. Editable in separate palette make changes in all layers.

Similar to InDesign Object style. Should be possible to be driven with expressions.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. After Effects CC v 15.1.2 crash on startup. Conflict with Quadro M1000M GPU.

Need to switch to onboard Intel Graphics which is not sufficient to run real time previews.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information in order to investigate this problem.

• What OS and version are you using? i.e., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
    • Are you able to reproduce this problem, or does it only happen once?
    • Do you get any error messages associated with this crash? If so, what do they say?
    • Do you get the Adobe Crash Reporter dialog? If not, choose Help > Adobe Crash Reporter from inside After Effects. We like receiving crash reports, and prefer that you use the “Always show this dialog” option so that you can fill in the additional information after the crash. When the Adobe Crash Report dialog appears, please always provide notes about what you did before the crash occurred. If you have filed the bug, please include a the bug number in the notes. We also appreciate if you fill in your email…
  14. Fix CC Mr. Mercury bug - Compositing Options Effect Opacity not working

Effect Opacity under Compositing Options used in conjunction with CC Mr. Mercury has a potential bug. CC Mr. Mercury will fail to produce any shift in visual difference when the keyframe is activated and set to 0. Setting a kefyframe to a value of 1 then moving it over several frames to a value of 30, 63, 100 etc, will produce fine results. But setting the keyframe to a value of 0 then moving the Effect Opacity over several frames to a value of 30, 63, 100, etc, will produce a failed visual result and the effect opacity will not…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Puppet pin crashing on CC 2018

I've tried several times to place a pin on a shape layer, but it crashes every time. My shape layer has 2 groups, each group has multiple groups within it. Each time, I select the shape layer, then select the puppet pin tool, then when I click to place the first pin, the error dialog comes up and AE crashes with this message: "After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Puppet". I've used the puppet pin tool successfully several times before on this computer, this is the first time it has failed.

Specs:

After Effects CC v15.1.2 (just updated…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a feature to allow the user add shape to a light.

Add a cutting option in the Light Settings window that allows the user cut the light source using four shutters. It should also allow rotation of the shape.
    Another idea would be to allow the user place a shape inside the light - a Gobo projection?
    Look forward to seeign this feature added in the future.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the problem about the windows disappearing from screen

If I connect with my laptop to an external screen and start working in after effects I cannot detach the screen without all my windows are moving to nirvana and there is absolutely no chance to get them back and rearrange them since all required controls are somewhere out of my screen. To fix this I have to kill all my personal menu settings. That bug exists since 2008!!! So please!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One popup for all shape properties

PLEASE (I am begging), When I want to change the properties of a shape layer, color and fill type, PLEASE put all of that into one screen. I am new to After Effects and I am constantly clicking the color swatch while wanting to change the properties of no fill, fill and gradient. I am constantly getting frustrated and wished these things were all in one click rather than separated in a color swatch and a word link. PLEASE put this in one popup!!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let us view the timeline while viewing the Graph editor

It is very tedious to switch between the graph editor and the timeline over and over again.

By changing this it would be possible to easily change the keyframes position, moving layers and adjusting the velocity of the keyframes in the same workspace.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add metadata back in to project files

After Effects used to add in a "CreatorTool" to the xmp metadata in the project file (eg. "<xmp:CreatorTool>Adobe After Effects CC 2018 (Windows)</xmp:CreatorTool>").

This is really useful for finding out the version of AE the project was created in, so the correct version can be opened (especially when coding). This also displayed data in Adobe Bridge that's now missing.

Any reason why this was removed in CC 2019? Can we have it back?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base