After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically select the property when opening it

This particularly applies to having the graph editor open

When I press S/T/P/R to open a property, it doesn't show in the graph editor. I need to manually select that property in order to get the graph to show. It would be good if this happened automatically, or provide a preference - obviously if I open a property, then there's a really good chance that I want to see its graph straight away

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Motion tile and image positioning

I've had a few issues with motion tile and the positioning of my images. Before this recent update I could put motion tile onto one clip, set the output width and height to 400 and mirror the edges, I'd then copy it and paste it onto the rest of my clips with no issue. Now after this update when I paste motion tile with these settings it changes the position of the image. Also, I change the positioning of my images in Premiere Pro a lot so that it fits in my frame, and when I go into After Effects…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop hiding the project window

Please stop hiding the project window every time I click away. This did not happen in previous versions of AE, and is clearly a complete waste of the user's time to have to re-call this window constantly.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PNG codec

Why has the PNG codec issue still not been resolved, every version of AE has worked with PNG codecs and now in the latest version it's a problem. Please revert!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. convert CMYK ro RGB option for vector files

option to convert a CMYK vector file to RGB, from within AE.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add button to assign mask to effect to the controls panel

Right now it is possible to assign a mask to an effect, but we have to twirl down the layer and go to the effects compositing option to do this. It would be better to have these buttons on the effects panel right by the effect.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dark border with glow effect

Sometimes, when the glow is applied to a layer with transparency, the effect would render a dark border outside. Since you mostly want glow to make things more shiny, this behaviour is really not suitable.

So please make it shine, at least in the corresponding effect operation mode.

It happens to me only with the following setting: Glow in original colors

See image attached.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix interruptive save behaviour

Under Windows 10, if one double-clicks an After Effects project in File Explorer, that file is correctly highlighted as the selected file as After Effects opens the project and the user works on it. However, once After Effects saves, the highlighted file is no longer highlighted in File Explorer, in fact, no file is highlighted. The effect of this is that the behaviour interrupts the workflow, especially when working on a set of files that each must be systematically verified and possibly modified.

Any other software would not affect the highlighted file in File Explorer when saving, but After Effects…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow file-based versioning/snapshotting of all media relating to a project

Use-case

An After Effects project is frozen. As such all media related to that project must remain untouched yet remain in their location on the file system while still allowing the next version to build on the previous version.

Currently, to support this, I version all media using the prefix _v###. Then, every time I need to freeze a project, I duplicate all the versioned files and increment the version numbers. Sometimes files are renamed, sometimes files are deleted in the process, yet the versions before remain untouched.

In fact, depending on the structure, the files of the new version…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Big Bug: Expressions on Shape Layer FX (with demo video)

Here's a two-minute demo of the bug in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_c6XOWOv-w

...and here's the same thing in text form:

Steps:

1) New Comp ([1000,1000])
          2) New Shape Layer
          3) Effects -> Expression Controls -> Point Control ([100,100])
          4) Change Comp Size ([880, 1230])

Result:

The value of the Point Control CHANGES ITSELF from [100,100] to [88, 123].

As I mention in the video, I'm sure this has something to do with the back-end of how Shape Layers deal with the canvas — and, obviously, Shape Layers aren't meant to have renderable effects applied to them. That said, I can't think of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this. At the moment, it’s unclear what you would like to have changed.

The cause of what you are observing is that shape layers always inherit the dimensions of the composition that contains them. Thus, by changing the dimensions of the composition, you are also changing the dimensions of the shape layer.

You will get the same result if you apply a Point Control effect to a solid layer, and then change the dimensions of the solid layer. The coordinate values of the Point Control will scale to compensate.

The result in both cases is that coordinate values are scaled along with the layer so that the any rendered result is proportional to the original. If this wasn’t done, effects wouldn’t appear to scale with the rest of the layer and the result would look “wrong”.

I can see that may not be the result you…

12. 3D Drifting Camera Tool Bug

I am experiencing an issue when using the camera tool to track xy. I am using a late 2013 Mac Pro with 32 gigs of RAM; OS 10.11.6. This issue only occurs when using AE CC 2018. It doesn't occur in any of the older versions. I have found this issue with each CC2018 update. I have been using After Effects daily since 1995 and have been using the 3D capabilities since they were released in 2001 and never experienced the problem I am having. See attached video; every time the cursor stops moving I have completely removed my hand…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. nvidia 1030

pls test gpu for adobe after effect nvidia geforce gt1030

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Premiere Dissolves no longer create Opacity keyframes in After Effects

In the past, you could create a video in Premiere Pro and add in typical Cross Dissolves. Then, when you send the clips through to dynamic link, all of the dissolves would be converted into Opacity keyframes.

This has not worked for a large number of previous versions.

Was this feature removed? If so, why? Can it be added back? Is this a bug?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Major issue with resizing!

In the latest version I've had an issue where resizing comps, footage or using resize at export results in a video file that is either unplayable or distorted. Only unresized footage seems to export properly, and yes I am using uncompressed AVI and square pixels. I talked to support and they recommended I roll back.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase the Brush Size limit (200.00) on the Generate ⮞ Stroke Effect.

As I am an animator of logos, I use the stroke effect very often, but sometimes when the resolution should be bigger I need more than the limit (200.00). Then I simply can't make that animation in big resolution.

Then what can I tell my buyers?

Here is what I experience:

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Multiple track points simultaneously + averager

The ability to create multiple tracking points and track all simultaneously.

Also, a button within the tracker window that takes the selected tracking points and makes an averaged track.

Provides a considerable increase in productivity.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dynamic Link seems to break projects

It's the second time I can't open a project all of a sudden, I have to take back a Backup. The first one in Premiere using an AE comp, the second in AE using Premiere sequence. Trying to open the project makes AE crash and in Pr it just stays "Media Pending". Reinstalling doesn't help. I'm wasting so much time I can't even know why !

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 14.2.2

Need to work in 14.2.2 to be compatible with a clients back end. On the CC installer it claims to be 14.2.2 but when opened & running, it states it’s 14.2.1.34. Which is correct?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After Effects 14.2.1.34 was the last release of the 14.x versions of After Effects CC. (That is, it was the last release of After Effects to be branded as “CC 2017”.)

The version number “14.2.2” was an Adobe-internal label to differentiate a change in the installer package, and was not advertised as a new release.

> Need to work in 14.2.2 to be compatible with a clients back end.

Please clarify this. Since 14.2.1 was the last release, this doesn’t make sense to me.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base