After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorporate game engine graphics and the ability to import models and apply materials

Instead of 3d element, use Nvidia's state of the art game engine rendering and the ability to import models and change their materials...so like a better and more integrated version of 3d element

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interspersing random frames from other layers

Just upgraded go AE 2018. Some improvements, of course, but one glaring bug...during playback, random frames from other layers are inserted into other layers during playback. When I downsave the project to AE 2014 and pull it up in that version, it doesn't happen.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pan Behind Tool - sliding multiple layers in timeline - BUG

Small bug. CC2018.

Using the pan behind tool to slide layers in the timeline without moving the keyframes. When trying to slide more than one layer at a time.

Multiple layers are selected using ctrl/cmd. layers will deselect themselves after they are dragged. Can't seem to find a common idea as to which layers seem to deselect themselves, but it appears to either be mostly the bottom most layer, or otherwise random ones.

Just means layers have to be selected again to drag once again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. audio playback is inconsistent, not reliable and sucks. It used to work and now it doesn't. IT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED IN V2018.

Audio cache is inconsistent, not reliable and generally doesn't work well. it has been damaged since re-writing software. this is a VITAL function for many that do spot work and need reliable audio for timing. How this slips through the cracks I do not know. PLEASE JUST FIX IT. PRONTO. I am a user fro v4. I have slowly watched the train run off the tracks since CC and this is just unacceptable.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Correct the Message that apears if i try to Import a Photoshop Timeline

If I try to import a Photoshop Timeline with a video in it i got a error message that Quicktime is not installed or out of date. This is not correct. AE doesn´t support this. Can you insert a message that let the user know this at this point....

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: Scale keyboard shortcuts don't work correctly when one value is negative.

After Effects usually intelligently handles linked scale values when 1 value is negative and the other is positive (for e.g. -100, 100).

You can drag a parameter to proportionally scale the object. You can even type a value into one field, and the other will update accordingly (for e.g. changing 100 to 150, will make the other value -150).

However is you use the keyboard shortcuts, Ctrl + and Ctrl - (on the numpad), the values don't adjust correctly, and they cause the layer to become distorted.

For e.g.
    Pressing Ctrl + should bring (-100, 100) to (-101, 101), but…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An improved Stylize/Glow

The current (and past) Stylize/Glow effect shows some unlogical behavior:

1 It lets glow dark colors (under the treshold) too.
    Even when the Glow Operation is set to 'Add' and Glow Is Based on Color Channels (Default), a dark shadow like halo appears around the borders of a layer.

2 Another strange thing: When Glow Intensity is set to 0 (zero), the black glow still appears.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sequence as Footage

When using AE for compositing 3D renders, it's PAINFULL to import sequences one at a time. I would love a checkbox on the import dialog box that labeled "View sequence as clip". This would be great in Premiere too, but that's for another day. That one function would save me a ton of time and I wouldn't need a third party script for it.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give updates and timelines to features users have been asking for

Little to no updates have been given from the Adobe team with any timelines to features specific to multiprocessing, and other features.

Example here from 2016, TWO YEARS AGO: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8584330#8584330

"we're investigating what the best solution is for future versions" - What have you found out?

Is there any update as to when we might get a real response from you?

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. copy and paste groups of markers

For instance: Copy markes from audio cues to the comp. Bonus Points for moving an group of markers.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create unique copy of comp from master properties comp

I would like to be able to take a copy of a comp that I've tweaked with Master Properties and turn it into a normal, unique comp.

Example workflow:
    1. I use master properties to customize a version of a comp

1. I realize that the changes to this comp need to be more extensive than Master Properties is able to accomplish

2. I right click on the layer and say "convert master properties comp to unique comp" or something like that.

3. A copy of the comp appears in the project panel, and I open it and edit it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an icon toggle for Parenting&Link in timeline view please

How would you like the feature to work?
    There are currently 3 icon toggles in the lower lefthand corner of the Timeline panel -
    1-Layer switches
    2-Transfer Controls pane
    3-Timestretch
    Please, please, please add a 4th icon/toggle for Parenting

Why is this feature important to you?
    Parenting is used more far than Timestreching and yet its not included in the toggle icons below.
    This continues to make no sense especially now that you've added Linking in the panel.
    Parenting is also the panel most would open to use quickly and then collapse to save space.
    Come on guys. This is…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: version 15.1.0 of Ae crashes when converting .psd and .ai files to layered comps, also when converting psd files to editable text.

BUG: version 15.1.0 of Ae crashes when converting .psd and .ai files to layered comps, also when converting psd files to editable text.

Pleas fix these issues.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hej adobe, hvorfor kan man ikke se hvor langt adobe after effects, er med processen med den der kaldes: TRACKING VIDEO proces nr 2

Hej adobe, hvorfor kan man ikke se hvor langt adobe after effects,
    er med processen med den der kaldes:
    TRACKING VIDEO proces nr 2 som hedder ( solving camera ) og er det noget i kan fixe overhovedet. Syndes det er meget irriterende at sidde og vente på en proces som man ikke kan følge med i. På forhånd tak, Hilsen Torben Andreasen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: Crash on Autosave

Please fix this. Error message below:

Last log message was: <140735864005504> <BEEWorkQueue> <5> BEEProject::TimestampGetNext ZANZIBAR-3: cannot produce timestamp, frozen=0, open=0

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Status indicator for Add to Media Encoder Queue action

Put a non-blocking spinner or progress bar in the UI while After Effects is launching Media Encoder and creating a render item -- similar to how Lightroom Classic has a progress bar to let you know it's still working on importing photos in the background even though you can't see anything happening.

Right now, if you send a big project to Media Encoder, it can be a minute or two before it shows up in the queue... so it would be great to have visual confirmation that After Effects is still working on sending it over.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AE Render Engine: JSON alert stops watch folder queue

The JSON alert "The structure of the data file has changed" also pops up when After Effects is running as render engine in watch folder mode. The alert dialog stops the rendering process and therefore the render queue.

Please remove the JSON alert or mute it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Selectable camera output from comp

In comps with multiple cameras, add the possibility to select what camera is rendered when using that comp inside another comp.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base