After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visible Keyframes in Timeline creates MASSIVE memory suck

It seems that the more keyframes that are visible in the timeline has a direct impact on memory usage On Windows 10, up to date CC. For a simple Pos/Rot/Scale track, by seeing 10 seconds worth of keyframes uses 20 gigs of Ram. Scroll just to the right where there's no keyframes. Down to 7 gigs. Is this a known bug or an underlying programming necessity to load keyframe data that's visible into RAM?

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. there is abig problem i see in after effect cc2018, sometimes while you scrole fonts appear dangrous message tell us: after effect error ct

there is abig problem i see in after effect cc2018, sometimes while you scrole fonts appear dangrous message tell us: after effect error ct

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard shortcut for adding a Position Keyframe also adds one to the Master Properties of a subcomp

When I do Shift-Alt-P on Windows, it adds a keyframe for both position AND a position Master Property. Seems more like a bug, as adding a keyframe for both seems like a rarer use case than just adding a position keyframe.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AVI Files are NOT interlaced !!

Its not the first time you have this problem. Since my last update, ALL my .AVI files are NOT interlaced! Big big problems.

Thks.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dockable, vertical, editable toolbar

It would be great if the toolbar could be displayed vertically like in Illustrator and Photoshop, and dockable to the sides of the AE window.
    On top of that, it would be great to be able to edit what is shown in the toolbar, also like in AI and PS.
    For example, I never use the paint tools so I could hide them, but would like the Convert Vertex tool to be always displayed without having to click and hold on the pen icon.
    Having the ability to create new toolbars with a custom selection of tools would be handy…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create folder containing selected items in Project panel

When selecting multiple files in the Project panel and pressing 'Create New Folder' a new folder should be created with all the selected files inside. Instead of then having to manually move all files in.
    Perhaps this could be done by holding down a key and pressing Create a new folder, maybe CMD and click?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Purge Disk Cache (only) to Edit>Purge menu

The TWO Memory related purges under Edit>Purge> also remove the Undo history - this is bad.
    Edit>Purge>ImageCache is fine as it is.
    Need quicker access to only purge the Disk Cache; without having to dive into the Prefs Dialog.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search for text layers

Recently needed to change multiple text layer names and had to manually open every comp and find them. Would be nice to be able to search for them by name or content (either would be handy).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. What if every parameter of an every effect could be duplicatable?...

For purposes, like:
    Lumetri Color, exposure slider from -7 to 7 what If I need more of it,
    Radial Blur what if I need more then hundred but within one controllable center,
    Transform FX, what if I need just to double offset per layer by index but still want to maintain general offset controls for all of them, and one last I'd like to go opposite direction...
    Imagine How easy would be offsetting values linked to expressions by just duplicating the needed parameter inside layer dropdown menu, just like inside the compositing option right now has mask input that could…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simple Workspace

I think it would be very cool if you could have a option when you are installing After Effects to have ether a Simple or Classic workspace. This feature could be implemented to other CC apps.

The Simple workspace would be made simpler. This would mean having rounded edges like how Apple made Grage Band , less things on workspace making it more simpler, and having cool new inlarged pannels. An example would be like the Character Animator Control Pannel, as it has sliders and triggers. I really like this design and I hope it would be implemented.

The Classic…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Will not open projects

I have Mac OSX 10.13.4 and after effects will not open the project in 15.1. I have to revert back to 15.0.1

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lighting options in Glass Wipe transition

I know the current Glass Wipe transition is technically CyCore's domain, but here goes. Would like the ability to adjust the lighting properties for the CC Glass Wipe transition. There is currently no brightness, light angle, highlight control, or anything, which is odd since the effect is so similar to CC Glass.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow "snapping" of layers to certain time codes

When I trim down a layer, I should be able to have the "snapping" option, to ensure it is inline with the other layers. Similar to Premiere Pro, where you get that red line when something is perfectly aligned with something else

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix Interface Performance Issues Mac OSX 10.11.6

I'm experiencing multiple slow downs in the After Effects interface. Here is a clear example of what I am experiencing with drawing masks in the render view. I'm comparing CC2014 vs CC2018.
    https://app.frame.io/d/e510f299-0387-4841-a19a-494a9d6f37d3

Same machine on both. ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB. Triple monitor setup. I usually have Chrome and PureRef open. I've noticed it get much worse when Illustrator 2018 is also open at the same time. I can't even play a simple two keyframe box animation at full frame rate even when RAM previewed. https://imgur.com/a/YViDTXU

Sometimes the interface gets so slow that I can see the little twirl…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Master comps performance

Nice to finally have something like master properties. However, when you put many of the same "master comps" in a composition, playback performance gets really bad.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please fix issue with views on new project. I cannot fix the application layout to fit my laptop screen on initial load.

Please fix issue with views on new project. I cannot fix the application layout to fit my laptop screen on initial load. This is preventing me from having fun with an art project I was hoping to spend time on. Completely frustrating.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. set matte, set channels, calculations,etc to treat & take in an account layer's own transforms.

Set Matte ignores if the layer had been transformed in some way when it is used as a track matte for ex, it treats its transformrs as well, but any matte options in any effect would ignore original transformations if there is any...

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base