After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pin Project Template

In our studio environment, we have a standard after effects template that gets loaded for every project. It would be nice to be able to pin a few project templates in the startup window along with recent files.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please implement a solid Physics Engine 2D in After Effects

Use physic engine in our animations with some settings (bounciness, density, friction, mesh precision, velocity, gravity, etc..on a layer (type : solid, static, kinetik)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slow Color Management

After Effects CC 2018 Color Management is still unusable.

On a High-End Machine that is incredibly fast on any other software (Adobe or not) enabling color management can slow ram preview from 25fps to even 5/6fps. On a 1080p comp!
    This is something that should have been fixed a long time ago.
    It forces us to use other softwares to do high-end jobs.
    And we do not want to.

Thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rotobezier / X-Spline Handles

Add tension handles to rotobezier (x-splines) so they are easier to edit without a modifier key.

Basically, just steal how MochaAEs X-splines work, they are great.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add DVX3 support to the AE output module and media encoder

I know Resolume is working on it, but maybe you could give them some help to speed up the process.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add MPEG options to After Effects render engine

I would like AE to be able to Export MPEGS. The list of options in AE is pretty small. I've been using those legacy QT codecs for the longest and with the depreciation of those I am left with file formats that are too big. Apple Pro res seems okay but its Mac only. I have to use AME to export videos as MPEG. However, AME has issues.

For example,I have an issue with media encoder, where if I change an asset in AE like audio and even delete it from the project, AME still renders with the old audio.…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Estamos com esse erro chato no After Effects CC 2018 - There was an error processing this PDF document

Olá,

Estou com esse problema e não consigo resolver de modo algum:

After Effects error: There was an error processing this PDF document. (1074397201) ( 50 :: 29 )

After Effects error: cannot reopen an open file. ( 3 :: 130 )

Logo depois disso o After Effects trava e fecha. não salva nada, mas também não há nada para salvar pois eu não consigo mais fazer modificações no vídeo por causa disso.

Se alguém puder me esclarecer algo que resolva meu problema, vejo que tem muitas pessoas com essa dificuldade mas sem uma solução concreta.

Atenciosamente,

Fernando Batista

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

What is the path to the file (or files) it is reporting the error about? Is it an Illustrator (.ai) file, or a PDF file?

Did you create this project by previously using the Collect Files command?

If you move the file (or files) causing the error to your desktop, open the project, and then re-link to the file on the desktop, does the problem go away?

There is a potential bug that can occur if the path to Illustrator or PDF files is very long, after the project was created by the Collect Files command. Your answers to the questions above can help determine if this is the problem you have encountered.

Em Portguese (Google Translate):

Obrigado por preencher este relatório de bug.

Qual é o caminho para o arquivo (ou arquivos) sobre o qual está relatando o erro? É um arquivo…

9. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please clarify the problem? The short statement you’ve provided does not give us enough information to investigate.

If the problem is that a particular project is taking a long time to save, can you please share the project? If you prefer not to post it publicly, you can send a link to aebugs@adobe.com.

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CC2018: I called the local Adobe help phone number, but after 8 minutes there wasn't any answer only the music

Black hole, I interrupted the line!
    Good support!
    On the chat, they asked my phone number to upgrade many times, i don't understand why not once!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CC2018: During save my display completly change to black

sometimes it comes back, sometimes my laptop freeze
    Useless Adobe product!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CC2018: always crash, freeze, slow

You created a very useless product! Congratulation, good for nothing, it steals only our worktime! And we paid for this, pathetic!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Latest version of After Effects won’t read DNX HD Quicktimes? Not sure if I’m affected by the QuickTime Drop in the latest version.

Latest version of After Effects won’t read DNX HD Quicktimes? Not sure if I’m affected by the QuickTime Drop in the latest version. The QT file is good since I can open it in QT player. After Effects shows a gray frame and the audio, no error messages. Tested it on 6 machines we have in here, all of them QT with DNXHD is broken, I have countless projects that do not work anymore, Had to roll back to version 15. Please fix

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug. Can you provide us with a link to a file that will not import into After Effects 15.1? Send it to aebugs@adobe.com if you don’t want to post publicly.

After Effects 15.1 does support DNxHD and DNxHR codec QuickTime files. The problem you are experiencing is likely either a limitation of this support, or a damaged file.

Since the release of After Effects 15.1, we have seen reports of similar cases where QuickTime files using natively supported codecs will not import. When files are available to us we can inspect them; mostly what we are finding is that the QuickTime file in question is structured in a way that is no longer supported. As the QuickTime format was developed over many years, it incorporated a number of unique features that are not supported natively by After Effects. (For example: complex edit lists, where the…

19. Make keyboard shortcuts menu resizable.

Currently, it is essentially impossible to change my keyboard shortcuts, because the window is too large to fit on my screen. This could be easily fixed if the window could be resized.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preserve Underlying Transparency like Photoshop

Option to preserve the underlying transparency of the layer immediately below. Currently the switch uses all of the combined alpha below.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base