After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A 3D Engine - for basic 3D work direkt in AE and 3D data import form other tools

In compositing every media comes together.
    But there are not only videos, photos, graphics and sound out there...there is also 3D! - everywhere!

So AE needs to understand 3D data from other applications and should do basic 3D operations direct inside.

2D planes in space, slow fake 3D or an unstable link to only one "beginner" 3D tool is not enough in 2018.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ellipse Path Closing with Trim Paths

There seems to be a bug when working with parametric ellipse paths in tandem with trim paths.

It only seems to occur when the Start or End properties in the trim path are set to 50%, while the other is set to 0%. I've attached a couple videos for reference.

When the ellipse path position is adjusted the ellipse path will occasionally close itself, resulting in an unwanted half-circle. The half circle is a result of the Start property set to 0%, and the End property set to 50%. However, when the values are swapped (Start: 50%, End: 0%) it…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After Effects 2018 in render only mode: possible bug

We are currently having an issue with submitting After Effects 2018 files to Deadline 10. We have no issues with After Effects 2017, so there had to have been a change made in the programming between the two. We want to move forward with using 2018 but this slows our entire rendering pipeline. We need a solution for this! Here is the Adobe support forum I was pointed to this page by. https://forums.adobe.com/message/10571227 from what I am seeing this is not happening with many different rendering management software, not just deadline. Our IT department has tried everything they can with…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. JSON + expressions = highly unstable

When working with JSON data in a project, writing general expressions results in AE becoming highly unstable. The resulting crashes will often result in a corrupt project recovery-file being generated.

It seems like the function sourceRectAtTime() is causing a lot of trouble, especially when passing a time parameter to it, i.e. 'sourceRectAtTime(thisComp.duration/2, true)'.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full Screen Interface Resizing on File Open

I am a professional VFX designer and in my space setup, I have a dedicated 3rd TV for preview via Mercury Transmit. We have discovered that this feature does not work if the main AFX window is just one pixel on that desktop space. So I keep AFX in full screen mode (maximized window.) Great that's probably where it should be.

Now the annoying bug: Every time you open an AEP file from Explorer, After Effects drops out of the maximized window view and then the 3rd monitor stops working. Why does AXF do this? No reason. Sounds small, as…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE "none" comps in Timeline

it seems to be a bug that i can see about 25-30 comps by the name of "none" which doesn't even exist in the project panel but still every time i close the comps, it reappears twice in a day.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keep "reveal layer source in project" on 2 clicks

Please take back "reveal layer source in project" to 2 clicks by not putting it on a submenu, for faster workflow.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't re-size window when opening files from File Explorer

Under Windows, whenever I have After Effects open and maximized, and I double-click a file in File Explorer, After Effects insists on resizing itslef to 2K on my 4K screen. Don't do this!!! Leave the size of the window untouched like any normal program does.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ae应该做一个重置参数的快键键

ae应该做一个重置参数的快键键

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug - Folder doesn't exist

I have a default custom output path set to render into the folder my project is in. I have a subfolder specified in the custom output.

Every time I go to render the first render (before the subfolder is created), AE gives me an error that the folder doesn't exist (even though it's supposed to create it), and when I clear that error and hit render again it works fine. I have a feeling it's because the custom output path, doesn't actually tick that "Save in subfolder" box until the second time. Or maybe it fails the check, then creates…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Find Missing Cache Folder on Startup

When I start up AE and forget to plug in my external cache drive (I like a large blank drive for a cache) I have to force wuit or it resets my preferences. I would like to see an option to dismiss and reset as well as an option for "search existing path again".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Ruler Tool"

I would kill for a Ruler Tool in AE, just like the PS Ruler Tool.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implement a faster 3D space

It is... way to slow now for proper manipulations in high res.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. placas nvidia serie 1060

podia ser suportada a placa grafica serie 10 da nvidia

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Animation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Media encoder distorting audio timing bug

When I render out of After effects through Media Encoder sometimes the audio warps and the timing is off. The audio is fin in AE just not after being rendered through AME.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option in the Windows tab to open new Windows undocked

As it says in the title.
    This would be great as it'd avoid messing up carefully crafted workspaces.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Easy change language programm from russian to english

Add option Easy change language programm from russian to english

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 缩放的时候能不能调节滑轮缩放的大小,次次滑轮缩放一缩放就缩放过了,设置一个适合窗口缩放的档位

缩放的时候能不能调节滑轮缩放的大小,次次滑轮缩放一缩放就缩放过了,设置一个适合

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ae的面板大小能不能固定住,次次得调节大小

ae的面板大小固定住,不要自动调节大小,好不容易调好大小了,次次自己就变了

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base