After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Purge/release RAM during rendering

When rendering in After Effects, the RAM is filled up to it's maximum (if needed) and then continues to cache to disk. This usually makes the computer completely useless for the time After Effects is rendering and until RAM has been purged afterwards.
    Why not purge/release the already rendered frames? Not only could the computer be used during rendering to some extend but this should probably speed up rendering as well.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move/Nudge by 1 full pixel at any zoom level (as a preference option)

Instead of moving half a pixel at 200% zoom level, 1/4 at 400%, etc. Have the option to always move 1 full pixel. A lot of people are animating interfaces these days and you just want to make things pixel perfect. The current work flow is horrible with always zooming back to 100% or drag the postion values to move elements.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extendes Labels

Hi, i think i have a great idea that you can might be enable to see the use in it!

So right now i am working with a big animation in after effects, and when you have so many layers, i really find it difficult to find the layers i need because the all got the same background. And I think the color labels are to small. I made a mockup in photoshop. Hope you will look into this!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Спасибо за помощь !!!

Спасибо за помощь! Благодарю Всю команду!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hidden Mask Lines

I had a weird bug where my mask's lines disappeared but the points were still there. It was really great working like this but it's since "fixed" itself again after about 40 frames of roto. Everything still functioned, the points and spline handles were still visible.

So would be really nice if I could switch the lines off.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FASTER SAVING

After Effects, which saving is really slow, should have a saving as fast as Premiere Pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 360 VR output mismatches 3D edit when input clip has non-2:1 aspect ratio

I'm editing 360 video shot on a Garmin VIRB 360. The footage I'm working with has an aspect ratio of 16:9 and dimensions of 3840x2160. I'm adding some simple 3D shape layers to the scene using the VR Comp Editor's "Add 3D Edit" feature. When I click back to "Open Output/Render" I notice that the object I've added to the panoramic footage does not line up with the output. After struggling with this for a while I tried the same exact same process, but I performed "Add 3D Edit" on footage I had resized to an aspect ratio of 2:1.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Timeline Scroll Bar – Option to put on left side of panel

Having to move my cursor all the way to the right of a large monitor when scrolling is a pain when dealing with massive amounts of layers.

If there was an option to switch it to the left, it would keep my cursor in the same area and make working more efficient.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to create Essential Graphic templates to use in After Effects

I would love the ability to create templates for my team to use in projects that can be shared using Libraries. We sometimes use similar assets that need minor tweaks, a perfect time to use EG, but it is not supported in AE.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BUG: Unspecified Drawing Error - AE 15.1.2 (build 69)

BUG: Unspecified Drawing Error - AE 15.1.2 (build 69)
    When in a text layer that I attempt to edit, immediately the system throws an "Unspecified Drawing Error" and the workspace goes blank. Multiple hours of work here, and I can't seem to access it without the error popping up.
    Win 10 | Core i7 | 14% of the 15.9 GB allotted to AE | 62 GB disk cache | GeForce GTX 970m

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. split

CC Split 3

Hello,

CC split 2 is a very "simple" and funny tool to create mouth animations and lip sync...

But I have 2 simples suggestions to improve this tool.

To be abble to change de curve profile with animation keys.

And

To be able to put négative split values!!! (to smile for exemple :o)

Thanks,
    Alexis

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. color shift in DNX quicktime renders from 15.0.0 to 15.1.2 - need to downgrade

We recently had to downgrade back to 15.0.0 because our renders have lost color accuracy in Quicktime DNX files in the newer iterations of AE15. There is a slight luma/saturatoin shift in the newest versions. as soon as we downgrade back to 15.0.0, the color shift goes away.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Solo mode on layers alert when rendering.

When starting a render queue item, there could be an alert popping up, or a sound cue if you have layers in solo mode, to avoid waiting until a finished render until you realize half your project is not rendering.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Collapsible Panels

I would love to be able to collapse panels that I use frequently, but they're used and then put away. The way illustrator does this would be super!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Motion Tracking & Add more Sound Effects.

i was just watching vegas 16 features, and im shocked, they improved the motion tracker so you can put your layer anywhere on the screen, and they added amazing sound effects
    get ae back on the top please.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG REPORT. AE fails to overwrite Files that are selected in the OS. EVERY VERSION SINCE THE ADVENT OF OS X

this isn't and Idea, it is a report of a show stopping, LONG TERM bug that YOU HAVE YET TO FIX.

when rendering out of Aftereffects, over top of an existing file, the render fails, if the file is simply selected (and sometimes just visible) in the finder. and then from that point on, AE cannot render the file if the user does not first delete the file by hand.

this BUG is at least 10 years old. It is not 1995, there is no need for this obscene punch in the gut. Time to get on it.

mac os…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe XD files in Aftereffects

hello everyone,

it would be great feature, if Adobe XD files open in AE for animation, and the last update in AE, we were just able to import AI and PSD files, So if you people update the Aftereffects with above feature that will be great for everyone.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PageMaker is to InDesign as After Effects is to...?

Sometimes it is important to start over from the ground up and completely rethink your solution to a problem. I believe it is time for Adobe to do this with AE. Rather than continue to add patchworks of features and solutions here and there, give us a new paradigm in compositing that lives along side AE while this new app is being developed much like you did with InDesign and PageMaker.

Things I'd like to see in this new app are:

1. A complete reworking of 3D, rather than treating the 3D workspace and objects in it as 2.5d, the successor…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. dropbox

Allow Render Queue to render a sequence into a Dropbox Folder.

Currently when we render sequences (movies are fine) to a dropbox folder, it almost immediately gets an error and stops rendering the sequence.

Presumably dropbox tries to sync the newly made file before AFX has written it out completely. So the file presumably comes under Dropbox's control as AFX tries to write it, causing a conflict error.

It basically means that I'm forced to render elsewhere, then copy the files manually into the dropbox folder once done. Not ideal. No other software has this issue when writing image files…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base