After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview is stuck in a loop and is unresponsive

RAM Preview becomes unresponsive to clicks, spacebar, Num0, ESC, etc. Playback continues on loop and the only way I've found to regain control is to minimize/maximize AE or close the application.

Build 17.0.4 Build 59

67 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preview Playback still is broken

I have the latest version of AE 2020 (17.0.6) and I still have problems with playback which none were present in 2019. I push spacebar (or from the preview menu itself) to preview, it starts but then it wont´t stop, I have to force quit the program, this only happens with the Windows version, in MacOS it works fine, I just had to move my entire project to MacOS because otherwise I could not work. PLEASE fix this, after many updates of 2020 this bug/issue persists!
    That's what happens when it plays the preview, sometimes it just won´t play no…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After effects out of memory 23 :: 40 has really gotten bad on my system

Only really recently has AE been crashing so bad it ends up being a hard reset on my system.

To preface, there is a good chance that my settings / set up / system could play a big part in what i'm experiencing, However just a few months ago on this same exact system and set up I did not have this issue. (maybe one in a blue moon). And I was working with fairly large 4k footage.

Quick summary of what just happened to me twice today (so far) and once yesterday. I'm doing general tasks in AE, with…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Major Bug - Linear Color Key Effect Breaks Adobe Media Encoder

Latest version of AE, Media Encoder, Mac Catalina, on an iMac Pro base model.

If an AE project has a layer with the Linear Color Key effect applied, the project will fail to load in Adobe Media Encoder. If the effect is removed from the layer, then it loads in Media Encoder as expected.

The same issue occurs if a layer has Video Copilot Optical Flares plugin applied.

There may be other effects causing this issue, but these are the only two I have definitively identified.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Roto brush is causing a 33:4 data not found error.

I have discovered that in the latest version of After Effects 2020, I get a "data not found error (33:4)" message when trying to open a file where the roto brush was used. I've tested this extensively, and it's definitely the roto brush that is causing the issue. Any file which uses the roto brush effect will not open after being saved. I suspect AE is having trouble finding the roto brush data, but there is no way to fix the problem as the files won't open at all. This has caused a fair amount of lost work.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mercury Transmit issue in 16.1

Just upgraded to 16.1 and I can no longer access my external monitor. Mercury transit automatically switches to "monitor 2" when I need it to stay on "monitor 1" even after I reset my preferences.

59 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After Effect 2020 ver.17.1 & 17.1.1: crashes after I typing, copying or pasting Thai and East Asian fonts

Everytime when I type, copy or paste some Thai and East Asian fonts in After Effect version 17.1.1, it shows

"After Effect error: Crash in process, last log message was <12338> <BEE_Misctask> <5> <set Artisan task classic 3D" then it crashes.

PC specification : Windows 10 pro, NVIDIA gtx 1050ti, 16 gb ram, intel core i5-7500 CPU

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix XML import on Catalina

XML import is currently broken on AE, with the following error message:

After Effects: AEGP Plugin Pro Import:

"Fatal internal AAF/OMF/XML error.
    Please contact customer support." (0:1134) ( 5027 :: 12 )

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug with .setPropertyParameters() for Dropdown Control

This method seems to generate a "Duplicate item names are not allowed" error when using an array where an index is a substring of another index. This example specifically triggers it: ["HeadTop", "Head", "HeadBottom"]; will not be accepted by the method (the "Head" index seems to throw it off) - But: ["HeadTop", "HeadMiddle", "HeadBottom"] will be accepted.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After Effects 2019 error on exit

After effects error: string memory leak (83::2)
    I get this message on exit.
    I'm on windows 10, after effects 2019

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PLUGIN ACTIVATE - DEACTIVATE PANEL

So lets face it. Stability is a big issue with After Effects. I have sent more than fifty fault reports to you over the last week (AE 2020). I have used the software daily since version 01.

Every time there is stability issues, the obvious request is remove you plugins, and test stability. Then re-install them 1 by 1 until you can rectify the fault. This works sometimes, not every time, and takes forever to do if you have a lot of plugins installed. It's just lost time on a grand scale.

So make it easy for us. Give us…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selective Loading of Third Party Apps at Startup in Premiere and AE

So, this would be an Advanced Option:

At startup, you would have the ability, via a key-combination, to have a list of third party add-ons and via a set of checkboxes, load or not load Apps you suspect may be creating trouble (ie - crashes or other issues like lock-ups or severe slow downs).

Normal loading would not see this option. Only after pressing this somewhat obscure key combination would the user see this list of add-ons with, by default, checkboxes already checked, to enable the existing installed add-ons. Then at that point, the user would be able to selectively…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If Stopped while rendering generates an error with suggestion of restart AFX

Try to Stop while rendering, will generates an error with suggestion of restarting AFX

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add auto save every minute like Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro X

I'm so sick and tired of After Effects crashing and erasing the last 2 hours of work that I did. Everybody has been asking your lazy programmers to fix this for years and it has gotten no better. You need to add auto save every minute so that our work isn't just gone. It wastes so much time and it's unacceptable for the kind of money y'all charge us for this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Message d'erreur à l'ouverture d'After Effects

Bonjour,

Nous n'arrivons pas à ouvrir Mac Os Catalina avec After Effects, nous avons les messages.
    Que faut-il faire ?

Pierre-Émeric

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Any other window outside AE becomes unresponsive

This bug causes every other window (chrome, file explorer, etc.) to become unclickable - i.e anything outside the AE window becomes unresponsive.

This is on Windows 10 with the latest build of AE (17.0.1)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After Effects error: time argument is out of range

After Effects spams this error when I try open the graph editor on a layers position keyframes.

I have a long comp, roughly 6min long. I have constant curser layer animating over the other comps (only position and scale). I tried to go back and fix an issue in the graph editor and that error box then constantly pops up. It only happens on this layer's position property and until I went back and tried to fix the issue I have been animating with the layer with no issue. Now I am unable to edit that layers position property in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AE 2020 on 16 core Mac Pro with Pro Vega II GPU - Comp window does not work

The comp window does not show anything in AE2020. It program seems functional, but you cannot see anything in the comp. AE2019 does not have this problem on the same computer. In installed the 17.1 update and it did not fix the problem

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: After Effects hangs on project open

The open project dialogue which normally shows a progress bar is white. The error is unresolvable and the app must be forced to quit.

After Effects 17.0.4.
    OSX Catalina 10.15.3

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Strange Situation 26::82 error (pre-solved)

new version (v17) have png and shape issue, when i create pre-compose with shapes, giving error. called strange stiution 26 :: 82. and png images not showing up... btw: i liked the error :D but, need to give more info... 26::82 not enough for solving.

Edit: after closing and re-open after effects all problems solved... too weird...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base