After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rotation tool seems broken

With the latest version (17.1.3) the rotation tool freaks out when using it for the layer transform rotation. Somehow it does work fine for parametic shapes. Just by dragging a little bit, it rotates like 2000 times.

52 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects

Add a checkbox or something to allow users to opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects.

I already have a valid perpetual license for Cinema 4D R19 Studio. R21 is pointless as it only allows me to use a trial license or purchase a license. The application is useless for those who already own a commercial license.

To make matters worse, I must uninstall it every time there is an update for After Effects. Quite frankly, I consider it bloatware. It useless and it wastes space on my hard drive.

I understand that there are…

51 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to be able to bring photoshop and illustrator information as it is

Import Layer style, Adjustment layer, Appearance, text editing features from Photoshop and Illustrator when .psd and .ai files are imported to After Effects

イラストレーターやフォトショップからpsdやaiファイルを読み込む際に調整レイヤーやレイヤースタイルなどの情報をそのまま反映させるようにしてほしい

:例
    Ps
    ・調整レイヤー
    ・レイヤースタイル

Ai
    ・アピアランス

など

98 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up/down/left/right) or short cut key to locate them

Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up / down / left / right) or short cut key to locate them

I want to be able to easily switch the position of the anchor point of a shape or text layer to the center or edge etc.

テキストシェイプレイヤーのアンカーポイント の位置をデフォルトで簡単に中央や端に移動できるツールを実装して欲しい

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Split this forum into BUG REPORTS & FEATURE REQUEST sections

Why is this site combining Feature requests AND bugreports together.
    I can't even filter Requests from bugreports.

At least a filter would be nice to have!

Thank you

201 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AE render files have wrong timestamp

When I render out of After Effects (.mov file in attached screenshot), it shows a timestamp of one day in the future. When I render out of Media Encoder (the mp4 file in the attached screenshot), it shows the correct timestamp. I can reproduce this error everytime.

My computer's date and time settings are correct, in the right timezone, and synced to update automatically.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: White dot/blob appears in 8bpc project

I have encountered a weird bug. First, I thought it was a fault in the project, but today I created a new, blank one, added an empty comp and the white blob is back. It looks the same and its on the same position.
    Since its repeating in a brandnew project, this is likely a bug.

Its only visible in 8bpc projects, all higher bpc, this blob is gone.
    I haven't re-installed AE yet, since its a workplace station and the IT has to do this and also reinstall all plugins. During a working day, thats almost impossible.

Do you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. align 3D layers

Align 3D layers. Distribute them, etc. That's it really.

122 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

I want Japanese and English expressions to be the same

Internally want to make sure that the effect names and shape layer names do not match in the Japanese and English versions of AE

When trying to open aep across languages, an expression error appears and it is difficult to use

An example
    en = sulder control jp = スライダー制御

日本語と英語のエクスプレッションを内部的に同じ扱いにして欲しい。言語を跨いだワークフローだとエクスプレッションエラーを発生してしまうため。

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PNG sequence encoding parity between AE and AME

I like to be able to render while continuing to work. Most of the time I can render in AE, but when it comes to rendering image sequences (particularly .png sequences) After Effects does it better. Better in this case means smaller file sizes which are vital for squeezing more performance out of the interactive installations I work on.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not having to close and open after effects to switch audio device/output

This is something that could improve workflow a lot. When I switch between i.e. internal speakers and headphones after effects should be modern enough to get it. It really is inefficient and quite annoying to have to quit and start up if I want to change the audio output to show something to my colleagues and then do it again before I can continue working on it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Always render Null Objects with 0% Transparency

I often use Null Objects within my compositions- and its very easy to forget to switch them off before you render- leaving white squares where they have been used in you render.

So why not as an overall rule just always render them with 0% transparency? There doesnt seem to be any reason for Null objects to be rendered so it makes sense.

(You can obviously set them to 0% in the composition- but it often actually helps for them to be visible whilst constructing your comps)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve community communication

Hi Adobe AE team

Please talk to us. Share your thoughts and considerations. Don't be a black box. Victoria did well at the beginning, yet communication seems to be stalling again 😞

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thai Vowel Character not support

Hi,

I find out the new update Adobe After Effect 2020 On Mac not support Thai Upper row Vowel character on the last letter in the sentence. ,( it's show normal inside the sentence. But if the Vowel character is the last letter the character will now show

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Guide layers allow to use "Preserve Transparency"

Make Guide layers allow to use "Preserve Transparency"

When using "Keep Transparency", the effect becomes invalid if there is a video or image on the bottom layer. If you use a guide layer, please enable "Keep transparent"

「透明性を維持する」を使用する場合に一番下のレイヤーにビデオや画像などがあると効果が無効になる。ガイドレイヤーにした場合は「透明性を維持する」を有効にして欲しい

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. bug report

AE renders (ProresHQ) wrong time stamp. 8 days in the future. Version 17.1.4 (Build 37)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to merge separate mask paths into one

It would be wonderful to be able to take two incomplete/open paths/masks and join them into one--not in the "merge paths" way, but actually joining two paths. (This would be particularly helpful during roto when one thinks one is continuing a previous path but one has accidentally started a new path.)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: Audio Levels are not affected by master properties

I built a video switcher comp with expressions on each layer's opacity and audio levels turning them up or down if a slider control is set to that layer's index.
    The switcher switches audio and video fine in its own comp.
    When I make the slider a master property and switch it from a parent comp, the video works fine, but the audio is stuck on whatever the switch's default setting was.

You can work around this bug by linking your switcher slider to a slider in the parent comp, but this defeats the purpose of master properties as it…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Puppet Tool needs a feature that gives you the option to create a custom mesh.

For example, I'm currently animating a image where the eye is blinking. The deform feature for the Puppet tool is perfect for this, but I find that the auto mesh that it creates generates triangles that result in artifacts and are not ideal; the fix for this is just add more points. However I think it would be great to have a feature to draw your own edge loops. Say you can draw a few masks on the image for the the grid/loops, then have the tool generate a mesh based on those guides. Or say just draw one loop…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work at all with Arri Alexa Footage

After Effects 2020 on Mac does not work with Arri Alexa footage that when imported into Premiere has the AMIRA LUT automatically added. You can see my first exampled here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27MpmJfKHqg and my second example from Arri's example footage here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9aRnCeu7PE The footage drops out, goes blue, and goes upside down becoming completely useless.

The only way to get the footage to work is to recompress it all and the reconnect, but we are talking a huge amount of ProRES 4444 footage that I really don't want to recompress, especially when it works fine in After Effects 2019.

I had…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base