After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "V" shortcut does not work in AE 18.1

After update to 18.1 the "V" key is not working to choose the selection tool.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back 1, 2, 4-View Interface!

For some stupid reason... we can no longer see the 1, 2, 4-View option in the Composition Window. This feature has been changed where you MUST have 3D Track enabled in order to view this option. Whomever made that decision to update the interface with this newer work flow is an Idiot! CHANGE IT BACK! There was NO reason for this!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of today, in After Effects Beta v18.2 build 9, the view layout can now be switched by going to the View menu > Switch View Layout. You no longer need to have a 3D layer in the comp to switch the view layout.

We’re looking at other changes in this area. Please try the Beta build and let us know how these changes work for you.

3. Opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects

Add a checkbox or something to allow users to opt-out of the installation of Cinema 4D R21 when installing After Effects.

I already have a valid perpetual license for Cinema 4D R19 Studio. R21 is pointless as it only allows me to use a trial license or purchase a license. The application is useless for those who already own a commercial license.

To make matters worse, I must uninstall it every time there is an update for After Effects. Quite frankly, I consider it bloatware. It useless and it wastes space on my hard drive.

I understand that there are…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to be able to bring photoshop and illustrator information as it is

Import Layer style, Adjustment layer, Appearance, text editing features from Photoshop and Illustrator when .psd and .ai files are imported to After Effects

イラストレーターやフォトショップからpsdやaiファイルを読み込む際に調整レイヤーやレイヤースタイルなどの情報をそのまま反映させるようにしてほしい

:例
    Ps
    ・調整レイヤー
    ・レイヤースタイル

Ai
    ・アピアランス

など

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. After Effects v18.0 won't start

After I installed v18.0 of After Effects, AE will not start. The launch screen gets stuck at "Initializing Required Components"

I've tried renaming Rename 18.0 as 18.0old in C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects

I've tried clearing the Media Cache stored at: C:\Users<User>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

All with no luck. Crash file attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [BUG] Draft 3D not working

Updated to 18.0.1 today. New Project. Draft 3D button is clickable, but nothing ever happens. If hovering the button, it says 'enable hardware accelerated panels in prefs/display', yet I got that already on. Could anybody help? What did I miss? Does the GPU or driver version matter?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Split this forum into BUG REPORTS & FEATURE REQUEST sections

Why is this site combining Feature requests AND bugreports together.
    I can't even filter Requests from bugreports.

At least a filter would be nice to have!

Thank you

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up/down/left/right) or short cut key to locate them

Want to place Anchor points to specific locations (up / down / left / right) or short cut key to locate them

I want to be able to easily switch the position of the anchor point of a shape or text layer to the center or edge etc.

テキストシェイプレイヤーのアンカーポイント の位置をデフォルトで簡単に中央や端に移動できるツールを実装して欲しい

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export mxf, h264, h265 - just like Premiere Pro can do

After Effect users are convicted to use Media Encoder to output .mxf/op1a and h264/h265. But Premiere can output all of these - why can't Ae?

The route from Ae to AME is far from smooth - so it will save a lot of time to have these output codecs handy from within After Effects.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Major Bug in AE 17.7 Related to Illustrator and Color

Imports from Illustrator are showing colors that are way off. This appears both in the imported illustrator layer and when the Illustrator layer is converted to shape the color is wrong. I was not having this problem in 17.6 and when I downgraded and opened the exact same project the colors were magically fixed. This is a major issue that needs to be fixed immediately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Composition toolbar tools order.

A dynamic composition toolbar is fine, but PLEASE put the tools in the same order as they were before. Grid/Guide Title Safe first, Mask Shape path visibility 2nd and so on.

For those of us who have been using clicking a position to activate a a tool for 20+ years, changing the order is a big PITA!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Just updated AFX 18.1 build 38, modes between layers does not work anymore

Hello

I can not get modes between layers to work anymore. I tried different footage, but no interaction between layers in any mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. AE render files have wrong timestamp

When I render out of After Effects (.mov file in attached screenshot), it shows a timestamp of one day in the future. When I render out of Media Encoder (the mp4 file in the attached screenshot), it shows the correct timestamp. I can reproduce this error everytime.

My computer's date and time settings are correct, in the right timezone, and synced to update automatically.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A bug in After Effects with importing ProRes 4444 files with alpha

After Effects is not correctly interpreting the alpha Chanel of ProRes 4444 files - if there is an alpha fade in the imported 4444 video, a black shadow can be seen under the fade - this is the same whether premultiplied is selected or not. I have loaded the same files into Motion and Millumin and they work correctly. See the attached still - the text should be fading from transparent to white but is showing as transparent black during the fade.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Visibility of After Effects Work Space

I am 90 and taking a course in AE for personal enrichment at my local Junior college. The current workspace for AE is all black and the icons at the top are o small - that combination makes it difficult to use. I saw a tutorial on Vimeo in which the workspace was a light grey in color and the icons where reasonably large to be able to use. So I suggest that Adobe make this a new standard for new users and beginners to learn AE more easily. As a former technical writer/editor I wrote highly detailed instructions manuals…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pixel-Perfect Art

After effects is a fantastic tool for animation, and it has nearly everything you need to succeed, but it leaves me wanting more when it comes to smaller canvas sizes. I'll expand on what I mean. To achieve crisp pixels in after effects, one has to set their layers to draft mode and deal with subpixel sampling. Shapes within After Effects don't exist as pixels but as vector art interpreted as pixels. For example, if you position a pixel at an X or Y coordinate with a decimal point, like "200.5", the program will do its best to render a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Trouble with Dynamic Link

I am teaching an advanced motion graphics class this term and about 20-25% of my students are unable to get Cinema 4D Lite running. After Effects is throwing variants of the 5027 error, and it is happening on both Mac and PC. There are also differences in OS version, graphics cards and other hardware among the students experiencing this. It makes it very hard to troubleshoot. I have noticed a lot of problems with the Dynamic link this term that we did not experience in the fall. Media Encoder has had issues too. Please revisit this system before the next…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe 2021 User Presets Issue

The User Presets folder is still "Documents\Adobe\After Effects 2020\User Presets" on AE 2021. This breaks scripts that set variables for the User Preset folder's location based on the software version u're on, like Aescript's "Quick Menu" or Video Copilot's "FX Console," to name a few I'm familiar with. It may seem trivial, but little inconveniences like this slow down people's workflows, and they add up over time. Please fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. [BUG] Wrong cineform encoding color depth

1. Set up Quicktime/GoPro CineForm/Quality 5 as destination format

2. Set it to "Millions of Colors" and render
      Result: AE reports the generated file as trillions of colors.
      😐

Please fix!

Tested with a 5120x2560 comp with both 8 and 16-bit processing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When I quit one AE project and open another it regularly crashes, and I need to force quit it before opening again

When I quit one AE project and open another it regularly crashes, and I need to force quit it before opening again. Seemed to start happening when updated to AE 2021, and happens pretty much everything quit one project and open another now. Please fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base