After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Roughen Edges doesn't work the same in 2020 as it does in previous versions

In AE CC 2020, the Roughen Edges effect still shows the original edges of shapes and vectors. It also produces oddly colored edges.

This wasn't the case before this version. It used to produce nice rough edges.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. баги в варп стабилайзере

на варп стабилайзере не могу выделять мышкой несколько трек поинтов. выделяющая маска рисуется где то в левом верхнем углу. поправьте плиз этот баг. а то очень неудобно по одной точке выделять с зажатым шифтом((

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug report: Exposure effect > Gamma Correction control is broken

The Exposure effect in the latest version gives a different result with the same exposure values as before. For example, in my project I have the Exposure effect with the Exposure value set to 3. If I open the project in the latest AE version it looks so much brighter. To get the same look in CC 2014, I have to set the Exposure value to 15 instead of 3.

I found that the Gamma Correction slider in the Exposure effect behave inconsistently with the previous versions of AE. If the Exposure value is set to 0 and you drag…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compositing & effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix "Work Area" preview functionality

When I have a Work Area delineated in my composition, I hit Preview (Numpad 0). Currently, under the Preview Panel, I have the Range set to "Work Area" for Numpad 0. I would expect this to then just render preview frames in that Work Area. Instead, it renders those preview frames -- and then continues to render frames until the end of the composition, causing a massive slowdown. I contacted Adobe support and they directed me here.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After Effects Crash on .TGA import to comp. Also get better customer service that can actually answer questions regarding a specific product

Latest version of After Effects. Import a .TGA sequence fine. Import a single .TGA and After Effects crashes and requires I close the app. The .TGA sequence that imports fine is 8192 X 8192. The single .TGA is the same size. One crashes after effects the other does not. This BUG just showed up today after update. Additionally I attempted to contact support and was directed to a person that was reading from a web page trying to assist, zero experience with After Effects. We pay a monthy subscription and the only time I have ever contact Adobe about a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. apply color LUT strength slider

I use the "Apply color LUT" effect all of the time. However more often than not I need to adjust the strength of the LUT, so it would be very handy to have a "strength" slider build right into this plug-in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this request.

In the Timeline panel, every effect has a Compositing options section, which includes an Effect Opacity control. (This is also the set of controls you would use to add a mask to the effect.)

Does this do what you want for the Apply Color LUT effect? Or are you asking for a different result? If something different, please elaborate.

Update 4 Dec 2018:
    Based on your comment below, I’m going to close this as resolved. Glad the effect opacity control works for you.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base