After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. NEW EXPRESSIONS VISUALIZATION BUG

The new expressions visualization should show you the whole expression when you hit it once in the timeline.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please clarify the problem? Screenshots would be helpful.

In the October 2018 release of After Effects CC (version 16.0), clicking into the expression field will expand the height of the expression field to fit as much of the expression as possible, but will not expand past the bottom of the Timeline panel. (In other words, it will show the whole expression if the expression is short, but it if it’s longer than can be viewed in the Timeline panel, the expression field will only be expanded to the bottom of the Timeline.)

If this is not functioning for you, please provide more detail. Or if you desire different behavior than described above, please tell us what you’d like to see changed.

2. Fix the align tool. Align doesn't center anything.

Align does not and will not center my shapes correctly in the center of a comp. A 1080p comp. This doesn't work anymore for me. I even center my anchors in their shape layers but still it won't do it. The alignment is incredibly off. This is super annoying. I really don't understand how something like that gets overlooked.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this report.

Can you provide us with a project that demonstrates the problem? We need more detail about what you are reporting, and it will be easiest if you could provide us a project and instructions like “select shape layers A, B, and C, and click the Align Horizontally Center button”, or whatever is appropriate.

aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

3. I have a probleme with composition panel

I installed after effects cc 2019 trial version a day ago, it worked fine. But today, I launched it and open an existing project but nothing appear in composition panel. How can I fix this ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug Report: Toggling back to Application fails OSX10.13.6 /AE2019 16.0

Bug Report: Toggling back to Application fails OSX10.13.6 /AE2019 16.0.

apple Tab often fails to make application live again.
    wa gwaan?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need more information before we can investigate this problem. In simple tests on macOS 10.13.6, I do not reproduce the issue as described.

Can you give us more detail about when and how the problem occurs? A screen recording of the problem may be helpful. The larger picture is that we need to know what state After Effects is in when you encounter this problem.

5. please add GPU and CPU both work at a time for preview render specially and final render time . not after preview Render create work GPu.

please add GPU and CPU both work at a time for preview render specially and final render time . not after preview Render create work GPu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this request.

Can you please elaborate on what behavior you’d like to see changed in After Effects?

After Effects uses a mix of CPU and GPU rendering, when the Project is set to use Mercury GPU acceleration (Project Settings > Video Rendering & Effects). Use of the GPU is dependent on whether or not your composition uses GPU-accelerated features of After Effects, such as GPU-accelerated effects, layer motion blur, or R3D raw debayering. Features that are not GPU-accelerated are rendered using the CPU, for both rendering previews and for export renders.

With that understanding, what would you like to see changed in After Effects?

6. Fix Precomps in AE2019

Precomps don't act as they used to. They're broken. Expressions don't carry as they should. I set up twenty text layers to count up with expressions at different rates and after precomping this build, nothing would count, they just looked stuck.

Furthermore, assets precomped won't stay together. Screenshot below shows what AE2019 is doing. The precomped piece can move on the left, however the grouped graphic on the right remains and won't follow as it should. This makes zero sense. I think this is a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We need more information to be able to investigate this problem. Can you provide us with a project file (.aep) that demonstrates the issue?

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

7. Render Items all greyed out

Since the install op 2019, both 2018 and 2019 no longer hilight items to be rendered in the Queue. All is dull and grey...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. vertically zoom on waveform

Sometimes when using high-bass songs the audio waveform just turns into a block, so to vertically zoom on it will show further details on the waveform in order to see different beats.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this feature request.

In After Effects, you can vertically zoom the waveform by placing the mouse cursor underneath the waveform (the cursor icon will change to a vertical double-arrow), and then clicking and dragging.

Does this meet your need, or do you want different functionality in After Effects. If so, please elaborate.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base