After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clear 'Open Recent' list option in menu

Just a simple addition of 'Clear Recent' in the 'open recent' fly-out. Good for shared computers for privacy.

See Audition as example.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dynamic shapes otlines from text

to have text to drive the shapes around it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expression Editor Keyboard Shortcuts *BUG*

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. When editing code, I often delete specific parts by selecting words (Shift+option+arrow keys). For some reason in the new expression editor, using option+arrow keys will jump words but adding in shift to select reverts it back to selecting letter by letter for some reason. It looks like this is now used to select multiple lines, but that's kind of an unexpected behavior. Usually, in code editing software, multi-line select is handled by option+drag.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After Effects does not recognize fonts installed per user in Windows 10

Windows 10 seems to have added an option to only install fonts in the user folder (which I suppose lets people install fonts without Admin privileges). After Effects doesn't seem to see these fonts. It took me like an hour of troubleshooting to move these fonts to the proper Font folder, it would be helpful if AE saw the user fonts.

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts is where they are stored.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve the Search field in the timeline to allow for multiple terms

Be able to combine terms in the Search field to further drill down into the various elements of a layer.

For example: Fill + Opacity returning only the Fill Opacity property for the selected layers.

Current implementation has Fill return the Fill Rule variable and Opacity returns every Opacity variable for the entire layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Content-Aware Fill progress indicator

The Content-Aware Fill panel needs to show not just a percent indicator during frame analysis/rendering but also the estimated time remaining. (I've been staring at the percent value slowly increment but I don't know if this is going to take 10 minutes or 10 hours.)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New Expression/Code Editor in After Effects 16.1

Changes needed to new expression/code editor in After Effects 16.1

1) Add the ability to change the font used in the expression/code editor in "Scripting & Expression" preferences.
    2) When you leave the expression/code editor the code formatting stays visible. i.e line numbers, syntax highlighting, etc.
    3) When entering the expression/code editor for any given property instead of it having the all of the code selected by default every time, have it remember previous code selection and cursor position.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bug: "L" shortcut doesn't work until layer has been collapsed once

Structure: OuterComp>InnerComp>.wav file.
    When viewing OuterComp, the "L" Audio Levels shortcut key is unresponsive until I have collapsed OuterComp at least once. Once I've collapsed it, "L" works as expected whether Collapsed or Uncollapsed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Grayed-out Layers

When you turn off a layer's visibility, the corresponding layer in the timeline should gray out - so you know it's off. Please! This would be a fantastic visual cue and help your productivity.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make Center in View do what it promises

'Layer/Transform/Center in View' seems to be a function that centers the selected Layer in the current view. But when zoomed in, this is not true.
    It centers the Layer in the middle of the Comp, not the view.

It would be great if it actually can center a Layer in the view: this makes it more easy to work on details, and position Layers in detail.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. move timeline with control + mouse wheel

As you can do in Premiere, that would be son handy, please add it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color randomly the keyframes of time remap

Assign color to time-remap key-frames, based on the footage time, so is easier to spot loops and repetitions.
    I found that get confused with the time-remap is one the problems that makes redo work from scratch most often.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. implement live switching to windows for youtube streamers/game streamers etc.

(video) streamers need television quality switch capability for live streams, we also want to incorporate nice graphics and effects. Most of us already run computers with great graphics capability and often use two pc's to stream live . It would be great to create a piece of software that opperates as a fully functional television studio importing video effects live from plugin's and effects from pre-rendered or on the fly rendered after effects files. The dreamscape we could create for a live stream would be wonderful. notch a corner watermark to my feed while switching to a friend on the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Character text window: Replace 'Sample' text preview, with Custom user test text.

Some fonts need to be seen as they will appear with their designated text. Please provide a way to preview all fonts with custom tailored text.

if this is a resource hungry demand, then a one at a time font custom text will be fine too,

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show audio waveform in the layer line, similar to Premiere

The ability to see audio waveform on a non-expanded layer would be great, similar to how it's shown in Premiere. It would mean the audio is more easily visible allowing you to line up other layers to the audio track and to find points or beats in music quickly. See the attached mock up. Thanks, Lee

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. video preview overlapping second monitor

I have a Windows 10 machine with a 2-monitor setup. Whenever I enable mercury transmit on the second monitor to use it as a client monitor, it creates a preview that's too large for the screen and extends onto the screen I'm working on. (I've attached a file that shows what I mean.)

I'm working on a Windows 10 Pro machine with 2 Geforce GTX 1080 TIs bridged together. Admittedly, the screens are different resolutions - but that never seemed to affect anything when I used these exact screens with a Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. After Effects is Thinking... Feedback...

I've had this happen several time with complex projects... There is a progress bar that comes up when tasks will take some time. However, I've had several instances where it may take 10 or even 20 minutes of the window sitting and unresponsive where it almost seems like a crash. But then the progress bar shows up and I wait for the rendering. I thought the project was crashing and only found out by mistake when I took a phone call and didn't touch anything and when I came back to the monitor the image was rendered on screen. I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AE Effects & Presets search bug

Every time i type anything that starts with the letter "e" into the search bar of the effects & presets tab, it glitches out the whole tab and i can't search for or add any effects. I have to completely close and reopen AE to make it functional again. Please fix this as it's annoying to have to restart AE every time I try to search for an effect that starts with the letter E

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AE Update - Add editable graph editor curve inside all layer properties

In a given project I probably go back to the graph editor 10-20 times to perfect curves until they look perfect to me. The downfall to this is the fact that I have to click and open up the main graph each time to tweak. This idea came to me when I realized that PR has a small graph editor inside the layer itself to avoid opening up another window. It would be a game changer to have a small editable curve inside all layers. Ive attached a quick mock to share a little bit more of my thinking.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base