After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keys on Master properties are not visible

if I put keys on the master properties, the keys not saved when reopening, it works but are invisible...

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjustable Corner Pin starting points

When trying to transform the perspective of an object that floats in a composition, there's no real way to simply change the perspective. So either a tool specifically for transforming perspective, or be able to adjust the starting position of corner pins, instead of it having to be from the very corners of the comp.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fit the composition viewer to the region of interest.

I'm working with an unusual composition size (extra extra wide) with my current project. Setting the composition viewer to "fit" will make it fit the full dimensions of the composition in the viewer.

I would like to see an option where I could set the viewer to fit to the region of interest I've set.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Import preview pane issue in Windows 10

I am experiencing a minor but quite annoying bug with the After Effects import dialog in Windows 10. I have tried deleting my preferences but it has not fixed the issue. I am fairly sure this is an After Effects problem and not a Windows problem as no other applications are doing this. The problem is this:
    Screenhot 1 - This is how I would like the import dialog to appear, so I can see both the list of files and the preview pane.
    Screenshot2 - When I click on a file to import it the preview pane expands out,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CC Libraries to work correctly?

I can't use my colours setup in my CC Libraries to apply to objects in my scene. I create a text box, put some text in, select all the text, now try to colour it by clicking the colour in my CC Library panel... doesn't work. I create a shape object, simple rectangle, I can colour it by clicking the fill icon and selecting a colour using the colour picker. But can't colour it using the CC Libraries panel. What's the point of the CC Libraries panel if we can't select colours directly from it? Even in the colour picker…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I updated Adobe After Effects 2019 and the audio is wrecked?

I turned on Auto Update and updated After Effects CC 2019 now when I try to play any audio on it, it comes up with this high pitched buzzing noise with any file. I've tried multiple files, different compositions, new projects, restarting, all of it. Please help.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Colour code bins

Colour code bins that don't affect labels of the items within them.

When sorting out my bin structure, being able to alternate between a few colours to differentiate them would really help. I struggle to often read and find bins (even with my 001, 002, etc prefix) as they're all grey and the same. If they alternated different colours or I could colour them, it would help immensely.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drop-down menu for showing all connected expressions to a particular slider/effect

Will benefit from having a command to show all other connected expressions to a particular layer/effect control
    Sometimes with lots of layers becomes hard to remember where each expression is

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. EXPRESSIONS VISUALIZATION BUG - 2019

Hi,

I'm having a really annoying problem with the latest version of after effects and I don't know if it depends on some bug or some sort of set.

As you can see from the attached image, I can no longer see the expressions while I compile them, I tried to change various settings in the preferences, install and uninstall after effects but the problem remains.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Full Screen Button for Composition Windows

It would be great to have the option to make a composition full frame when it is in it's own undocked panel. As of know, you must drag each side out to match the screen size and this is aggravating when using dual monitors.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug Report: ref # 205 After Effects won't open

Bug Report: ref # 205 After Effects won't open.
    Please help. I use this program for work everyday

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get rid of eyedropper text box pop-up

When you click on the eyedropper in the color picker, after a couple of seconds a text box pops up to say 'Eyedropper' - if you quickly mouse over where you want to eyedrop, the text box and its drop shadow appears over the colour you want to eyedrop, so the colour is often obscured by the box itself or darkened by its drop shadow.

The current solution is to click 'Eyedropper' then wait a second or 2 for the text box to appear, then mouse to your colour, but this is irritating and breaks up your workflow!

Please can…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the Layer Styles context menu contextual

When right clicking the Layer Styles heading of a Layer, AE comes up with all but a list of available Layer Styles.

Please make this menu contextual.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: Dot button from numeric part of keyboard doesn't work?

It was very useful to use dot button from numeric keypad for puting numbers like 140.3 or smth. Now We have to use dot from main part of keyboard and its a bit pain in the a**.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ctrl+a and ctrl+e missing in script editor on mac

Hi there. In macOS, there's a keyboard shortcut I use frequently to go to the beginning or end of a paragraph of text - it's from the Terminal. It's Ctrl+A to go to beginning of paragraph and Ctrl+E to go to end.

This has worked across After Effects text fields as well, up until the introduction of the new expression script editor. I understand it's a bit of an edge-case, but I'd love to see this added back in!

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot wheel scroll layers in timline

When you click the drop down menu in your After Effects timeline (the Parent & Link category) you can no longer use the wheel on the mouse to scroll up or down.

Why?

This error occurs in AE 16.1.1 (Build 4) and Windows 10 17763.503

Users could always use the wheel mouse to do this, please reinstate this command as it highly speeds up users workflow.

Thanks for your hard work.
    -Chris

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. unprecompose

A simple way to unprecompose a composition without plug-in.

Just like ungroup in illustrator, photoshop...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shy / Solo hides all layers except those selected - advanced shy layers (alt shy)

The shy button is so useful - but I feel like it's lacking. It would be good to be able to be able to just be able to select a bunch of layers then click a button to solo them. This would be good because you just say grab a bunch of layers - solo them, reclick - select a new group of layers - solo those.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Easier ways to convert to paragraph text

There should be more ways to convert a text layer to/from point text to paragraph text.

The only way to convert from point to paragraph text is to:
    1. select the layer
    2. switch to the text tool
    3. then right-click the text layer only in the comp viewer panel.

It would be nice if it wasn't hidden behind a right-click menu while only within the comp viewer. It'd be great to have a menu command (and thus eligible to create a keyboard shortcut), was available as a right-click option within the timeline panel, and if it wasn't required to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video as a operational button..

Hey, is there a possibility to click on a video to open a web page?

Please let me how do it.

T h a n k s!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base