After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AE Effects & Presets search bug

Every time i type anything that starts with the letter "e" into the search bar of the effects & presets tab, it glitches out the whole tab and i can't search for or add any effects. I have to completely close and reopen AE to make it functional again. Please fix this as it's annoying to have to restart AE every time I try to search for an effect that starts with the letter E

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AE Update - Add editable graph editor curve inside all layer properties

In a given project I probably go back to the graph editor 10-20 times to perfect curves until they look perfect to me. The downfall to this is the fact that I have to click and open up the main graph each time to tweak. This idea came to me when I realized that PR has a small graph editor inside the layer itself to avoid opening up another window. It would be a game changer to have a small editable curve inside all layers. Ive attached a quick mock to share a little bit more of my thinking.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE CC 2019 16.0.1 Korean font not working

Anytime I type in Korean characters it appears at the bottom of the screen in a grey text bar. When I am finished a character it appears in the text box I am typing into but it is making typing extremely difficult.

This does not happen in ANY other adobe program and did not previously occur in pre-2019 After effects.

This has been a serious issue and any other place I ask about this has come up with a "That's weird" response from people.

See screenshot to see what is happening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have a probleme with composition panel

I installed after effects cc 2019 trial version a day ago, it worked fine. But today, I launched it and open an existing project but nothing appear in composition panel. How can I fix this ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it possible for some layers to always be visible even when soloing layers

Often times when working on VFX, you're using LUTs or letterbox overlays, or other guide layers which help you work. You're also frequently soloing different combinations of layers.

It's very inconvenient, for example, to solo one layer in your composition only to have your LUT turn off, and have to scroll though this 100-layer composition, to find it and solo it. And then of course when you want to turn soloing off, you have to do the same thing in reverse.

What would be wonderful, is if there was a way of making certain layers exempt from soloing. I can…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Timeline keyboard shortcuts from Premiere and FCP7

I'm looking for a function in the Keyboard graphic for-

FIT SEQUENCE INTO TIMELINE - Shift Z
    ADD MARKER - M
    NEXT MARKER - Shift M
    PREVIOUS MARKER - Option M

MARK REGION - Command-Option M immediately after adding a new Marker, positioned at the Playhead further along Timeline. Marker splits to Playhead and defines region interest. Unlike Work Area, these are not volatile; these regions can be stored with the master.

And unless I'm completely missing this...

J-K-L keys for playback control!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Perspective Corner Pin improvement idea

When corner pinning extremely tight objects, it can get quite confusing with everything having a white outline. Can you change the actual corner pin shape to a disimilar color to ease eyestrain and improve workflow when tweaking?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lasso Tool For Frame Selection in Timeline

A lasso tool for selecting frames on the timeline would be fantastic for speeding up retiming of repeated/offset animation fx.

Lots of times you will have multiple objects with the same animation but offset a few frames, this results in frames organized at a diagonal on the timeline which isn't so easy to select with a box selection.

If you need to have an example of software that can do this. Blender actually has lasso selection for keyframes in the **** Sheet editor, it's extremely helpful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Expression Shortcut

Expression Shortcut Idea:

A shortcut to open the expression would be nice.

Example:
    If I have a position expression on a layer I would normally use the default expression shortcut (Double E). However, it would be nice to have that shortcut (or a new one created). If I select the layer, then push P (to reveal the position) then push Alt + Ctrl+ A (Which will select all properties that are showing). Then, with that property selected, you could then push the double E shortcut to reveal the expression of that property.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this idea.

There is already a shortcut available to add an expression to a selected property: Option + Shift + = (macOS) or Alt + Shift + = (Windows)

The Add Expression command is also available from the Animation menu. The keyboard shortcut can be customized in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Does this do what you are requesting? If not, please clarify what functionality you’d like to see added to After Effects.

11. Rotate Layers in 1/10 of degrees?

1 degree of rotation is quite big in some cases. But to tweak rotation in such small steps, we have to enter the values numeric. That's very inconvenient. Why not add a possibility to interactively rotate in steps of 1/10 of a degree.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change Labelgroup Selection from Text to "Color" or "Text and Color"

It would be great to have a selection based on colors or colors and text, but only text lets me always search specific colors. i guess it would be much easier for many people to see the colors directly. I work a lot in big comps with a lot layers and comps, so i have to select a lot. Thanks for listening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: Drop Down menu for a plugin does not work

I could not open the dropdown to select the text separation with Text Exploder 2.0.002 from Mamoworld. I tried it with different AE projects and only restarting AE helped to make it work again. Please see attached screen capture.

Thanks, Rene

Configuration: MacOS 10.13.6 | AE CC 2018 (15.1.2)

Dual Screen setup. EIZO CS2420 connected to a MacBook Pro 2018 15-Inch via USB-C hub and HDMI cable

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix Precomps in AE2019

Precomps don't act as they used to. They're broken. Expressions don't carry as they should. I set up twenty text layers to count up with expressions at different rates and after precomping this build, nothing would count, they just looked stuck.

Furthermore, assets precomped won't stay together. Screenshot below shows what AE2019 is doing. The precomped piece can move on the left, however the grouped graphic on the right remains and won't follow as it should. This makes zero sense. I think this is a bug.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information to be able to investigate this problem. Can you provide us with a project file (.aep) that demonstrates the issue?

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

15. Import rules for files so that AE projects stay tidy and manageable

Every time I import a file it will either go to the root project directory or whichever folder I have selected. It would be great if you could create bins for specific media - jpgs, video, vectors, music, SFX etc - so that files of that sort would go into these bins automatically. Too much time is spent cleaning projects up so that things can be found.

Perhaps a 'virtual' bin with 'Recent Imports' from that session could be useful, that would link to the new files (like a shortcut file in explorer) so that you could see what was…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chinese (Simplified) translation is misleading and confusing

Hire someone qualified to do the translation and review!!
    Separate dimensions is translated as 单独尺寸. It doesn't make sense.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Using same variable in two different master properties cause crash CC2019 v16.01

I have a master comp with to sub comps consisting of three text layers each. The two sub comps are lower thirds left and light aligned, but there are three hidden text layers for input from Essential Graphics and I want to link the content of these to both left and right comps respective Master Properties.
    Once I try to add the variable from the master comp to the second comp's master propert and change the check box value from off to on After Effects crashes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

It would be helpful if we could inspect your project file to see exactly what is happening. We only need the .aep file, not any source media.

Post a link to your file here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked; renaming to .thisisazipfile is OK. B) Post a comment here when you have sent the email. I need to manually check that inbox.)

18. "Scale-Behind" tool

Sometimes I want to adjust the fill of a layer without adjusting the mask I've drawn. Move Behind tool works well, but I'd love a Scale Behind tool.

Ultimately, I'd love it if masks worked like Layer Masks in PS. The ability to link or unlink transforms.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug - Stroke Width

If you enter text into the stroke width in the toolbar and hit enter, the text box stays selected though the UI no longer shows it that way. If you then hit 0 to preview, you'll make your stroke 0 and have no idea why they're gone or why nothing is previewing. Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sort by numbers in Project pane

When image sequences and stills are imported they should be sorted by name and number. Furthermore if images and image sequences are named with numbers first, the sorting is not logical. See attached screenshot showing the issue.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base