After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. replace with after effects composition

when selecting multiple clips in premiere's timeline and choosing to replace with after effects composition, after effects opens up, imports said clips, layers are in place but comp is empty, or after effects ignores subclip in and out points and uses their 00:00:00 timecode as start automatically... wtf? it didn't happen before

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Layer Switches of nested Comp behave unexpected

Nesting with passing blend modes is a bit confusing.
    When activating this (by clicking the same icon as for contiuous rasterizing...), the quality tick seems to become in effective (a dash appears). When clicking that dash, the icon does not changge, but the render quality actually does change (anti-aliasing/interpolation is switched on and off) Strange?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CUDA

I have a GTX 1660 Ti and when i use the GPU acceleration i notice the rendering being slow and when i check the GPU usage it only peaks to 10% and stays on 5% on average.
    And also when i render it fails giving me this (error code -1609760768)
    plz help

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a stop/pause button in the Mask Tracker panel

Aborting the Mask Tracker is somewhat confusing. A stop button will help. It's what the user expects to be present.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disable depth of field when C4D engine is active

As the C4D engine allows or disables some extra options (like geometry options for text for example), it should also disable the options it cannot render.

For example, with C4D engine active, we can still change the depth of field of the camera, the aperture, the blur level, but indeed we don't see any difference because C4D engine can't render it. Then, why are these options still active ?

It would be more clear if these options were active or inactive (in grey) whether the C4D engine is active or not.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dropdown options - No action when right click → change value

For almost all options with values (like position, anchor point position, scale, rotations, effects, etc.), when we right click on the value and choose "Modify value", it opens a little window with more details about the value settings (for example, on position or scale, we can change the unit). This is really cool.
    Sometimes, this option doesn't exist (in some effects options).
    But for all the options with a dropdown list, we can click on "Modify value" but it does nothing. It doesn't pop up any settings window, nor it doesn't open the dropdown list.
    (For example, you can try…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Project item color change keeps going gray for no reason.

When I right click on the color tag in the project files, it's gray for no reason.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. French translation error - Cell Pattern effect ("Cycle evolution")

In the "Cell pattern" generate effect, the "Cycle evolution" option has been translated into "Evolution du cycle" in French. It should be "Reboucler l'évolution" ("to cycle the evolution") instead of "Evolution du cycle" ("evolution of the cycle"). The error comes from how we interpret "cycle" (as a verb or as a noun).
    Also, in French, all the uppercases should take the accents ("Évolution" instead of "Evolution", etc.) : https://www.dictionnaire-academie.fr/article/QDL005

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BUG - on click to select, keyframe moves

There's a bug where when you're zoomed out in the timeline and click on a keyframe it moves one frame to the right. It happens using both mouse and trackpad (so it's not just my sloppy clicking). But it doesn't happen when zoomed closer into the timeline. And it also doesn't happen when dragging to select keys.

AE 16.1.2 (has happened in all versions of 16)
    macOS 10.14.6

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bulge Effect: Have middle-mouse-drag NOT move the bulge centre, but pan as per usual

When using the Bulge Effect, if you Middle-mouse "pan", the Bulge Center moves instead of panning around the image, which seems odd. I think this should not be the default behaviour - left-dragging the bulge centre should move it, and middle-mouse dragging should pan around the image, as it normally does.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Apply the Bulge effect to a layer
    2. While the Bulge Effect is selected, middle-mouse drag in the comp viewer window to pan it

Actual Result:
    Bulge Center moves.

Expected Result::
    View pans around. Bulge Center should only move when left-mouse-dragging.

Any Workarounds:
    Deselect the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. cursor

The **** cursor flickers between the default arrow and the action it will take upon click, like dragging a panel border. INFURIATING. Windows 10

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search feature in Layer Control Effects, Pickwhip and Expression Interface

Sometimes we have to dig into a pretty big list of layers to find the one we're looking for. What if you enable a way to search them inside the list, so it's easier and faster to find them?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Saving edited expression when press Esc on the keyboard

I love the new expressions editor, it's very handy!

But... I hate that when I wrote an expression(especially a big one) and press Escape button on the keyboard - it throw me away from the editor and!... removes any changes I did during the time I worked in. This is owerhelming me! Sometimes it is a bunch of code, links and other! And I need to repeat it. So it would be awesome to save the changes when pressing Escape. Please!
    The worst thing is that escape button is the best way to leave
    autocompletion. So I need to be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keys on Master properties are not visible

if I put keys on the master properties, the keys not saved when reopening, it works but are invisible...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adjustable Corner Pin starting points

When trying to transform the perspective of an object that floats in a composition, there's no real way to simply change the perspective. So either a tool specifically for transforming perspective, or be able to adjust the starting position of corner pins, instead of it having to be from the very corners of the comp.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fit the composition viewer to the region of interest.

I'm working with an unusual composition size (extra extra wide) with my current project. Setting the composition viewer to "fit" will make it fit the full dimensions of the composition in the viewer.

I would like to see an option where I could set the viewer to fit to the region of interest I've set.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Import preview pane issue in Windows 10

I am experiencing a minor but quite annoying bug with the After Effects import dialog in Windows 10. I have tried deleting my preferences but it has not fixed the issue. I am fairly sure this is an After Effects problem and not a Windows problem as no other applications are doing this. The problem is this:
    Screenhot 1 - This is how I would like the import dialog to appear, so I can see both the list of files and the preview pane.
    Screenshot2 - When I click on a file to import it the preview pane expands out,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CC Libraries to work correctly?

I can't use my colours setup in my CC Libraries to apply to objects in my scene. I create a text box, put some text in, select all the text, now try to colour it by clicking the colour in my CC Library panel... doesn't work. I create a shape object, simple rectangle, I can colour it by clicking the fill icon and selecting a colour using the colour picker. But can't colour it using the CC Libraries panel. What's the point of the CC Libraries panel if we can't select colours directly from it? Even in the colour picker…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I updated Adobe After Effects 2019 and the audio is wrecked?

I turned on Auto Update and updated After Effects CC 2019 now when I try to play any audio on it, it comes up with this high pitched buzzing noise with any file. I've tried multiple files, different compositions, new projects, restarting, all of it. Please help.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base