After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Comment Thingy/Prop in EGP displays only a single line. :-(

The Comment Thingy/Prop in EGP displays only a single line. Can we a twirly to collapse all the text - not all MoGRTs are destined for PPro and it's a really daunting task having to read one line at a time PLUS it's not clear if one or more lines are missed when using the scroll button.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zoom - composition panel refresh issue

When zooming in & out in the composition panel, ANY action starts the current frame render over again – I can't see any benefit to this, and it can be extremely annoying with a touchy mousewheel or when waiting for long renders to load into RAM. It also seems totally unnecessary because I can zoom perfectly after the frame is in RAM.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When opening

Reporting a bug, On the new OS Catalina, when opening a new file or trying to import, it takes after effects few seconds where the files appear to be graded out even though they are selectable

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Save the state of the anchor point in comp settings

Currently you have to go to the Advanced Tab, set the anchorpoint, then go back to the General tab to change the dimensions of the comp. If you change the anchor and close the comp settings, it will revert back to center by default. This is unintuitive and can lead users to believe it doesn't do anything. The anchor point is only relevant when changing comp dimensions, so those two things should be associated.

Integrating the "scale comp" script functionality would be great, too. Allow for changing by percent, maintain aspect ratio, and a check box for "scale content" with…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Drag timeline like in Audition AND with hand tool

It would be great if one could use the hand tool in AE to drag the timeline, additionally to dragging the timeline like in Audition, where one only needs to hover the mouse over the timeline at the top, to drag the whole scene/track.

Ideally all three programs would have the same way of dragging the timeline instead of it being different/not possible in one or another.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tracking widget does not obey display color management

Bug - Tracking widget does not show display colour management

Set working space to ACES (linear colour space).
    In the "View" menu turn on "Use display color management" to view the non-linear image.
    When you use the tracking tool and adjust the point tracker's widget, the image inside the widget is still displayed linear (= very dark) despite the set display color management. Setting a tracker point is very difficult.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make the Anchor Point Tool Work

I need to move an anchor point that is under the point of a shape.

I can't grab the anchor point because the tool also grabs the shape and I need the shape to stay where it is.

What about the anchor point tool--and this is gonna sound crazy--just grabs the anchor point?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Limit transform to size or position (not both)

In the canvas, the active object can be moved or resized with the transform controls. Currently I can move the object by clicking and dragging within the object, or resize by clicking and dragging near the edge handles.

This works fine for large objects. But often when working with small objects or text, I'll just want to move it a little bit and suddenly I've scaled it 1000% by accident.

I'd like the option to limit the transformation to only reposition or only scale the selected object. Leave it as is by default, but the option would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Resize layers proportionally when holding shift (including flipped layers)

When I adjust the scale of a layer (using the transform handles in comp view), I can hold shift to evenly scale on both axis. But it doesn't actually maintain the proportions, it just copies one axis to the other. So any flipping or aspect ratio changes are lost.

I'd like to be able to scale objects proportionally to the existing size, so that flipping/stretching is not lost.

This is actually already possible if I resize by sliding the scale value in the layer's properties (with constrain proportions enabled), but scaling from the comp view is much faster and more…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After Effects CC 2020 mouse

After coming back to a project that has been left open overnight on my iMac Pro running after effects cc 2020, the mouse is not in the correct position when I click on to through the UI in AE. if I click on something in the timeline, it selects an area that is about and inch and a half diagonal to where the GUI is showing the mouse location. This is fixed with a save and restart.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make shrinking/enlarging consistent even when layer is flipped

I'd LOVE to be able to flip horizontally and vertically AND still be able to resize it with alt/+-. Right now, as the flipping is just adding "-" to the number, it skews things as one dimension grows and the other diminishes. Basically, I want to be able to always use alt++ to grow and alt+- to make smaller, even if the layer is flipped.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG with comment text wrapping in mogrt panel

mogrt created in Adobe AE 16.1.3
    used in Premiere 13.1.5

I have a comment inside of a group inside of a group. In Premiere, the text wrapping does not match the width of the Essential Graphics panel causing the right edge of text to get lost before creating a line break. Because the comment is in a 2nd layer, Premiere places the text in a darker box. The text in the comment is overflowing behind the right-side padding of the UI, rather than being bound by the darker, second layer group box.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Text size in the expressions box is massive and unreadable - also resizes to full height of panel.

BUG REPORT -
    When trying to enter text into the Expressions box, the box seems to become enormous, and it is impossible to see where the text you are entering is. It also resizes to take up the full height of the panel it is in.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Freehand pen function

This would be a great option to have in the pen tool, with a smoothing slider

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I cant use the program because it is dark and cant change to light or white

I just downloaded the product and cant use it because it is dark and cant read anything on screen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add all possible Keyboard Layouts

Please add all possible keyboard layouts. Currently there are only the major ones (en, es, de, etc.) but others aren't available (such as Switzerland, Hungary etc.).

I might add: I can currently use my CH keyboard but it doesn't show the keys on the graphic (i.e. I have to do it "blindly").

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Maximize window through menu on Mac

Many apps on OSX have a menu option to zoom/maximize the window. Same function as the green + button, but can be accessed via shortcut.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the user interface scaleable on Mac - WHY HAVEN'T YOU FIXED THIS?????

Christ, why do I have to mess up the interface on my Mac just to be able to read the interface in AE? How about this? Just make the **** font bigger NOW. Really that hard?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base