After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please add GPU and CPU both work at a time for preview render specially and final render time . not after preview Render create work GPu.

please add GPU and CPU both work at a time for preview render specially and final render time . not after preview Render create work GPu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this request.

Can you please elaborate on what behavior you’d like to see changed in After Effects?

After Effects uses a mix of CPU and GPU rendering, when the Project is set to use Mercury GPU acceleration (Project Settings > Video Rendering & Effects). Use of the GPU is dependent on whether or not your composition uses GPU-accelerated features of After Effects, such as GPU-accelerated effects, layer motion blur, or R3D raw debayering. Features that are not GPU-accelerated are rendered using the CPU, for both rendering previews and for export renders.

With that understanding, what would you like to see changed in After Effects?

2. Font in render queue is different and truncating last digit of filename.

Ever since updating to 2019 version of AE, my filenames are showing up in an odd font, and losing the final digit of my filename.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AE CC 2019 Make Current Time display larger

The Current Time Display is probably the simgle most important number display in the interface. It is too small to comfortably read. Please make it larger (at least as a preference).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Collapsible Panels

I would love to be able to collapse panels that I use frequently, but they're used and then put away. The way illustrator does this would be super!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show Frame Rate in Project window by default

I have been an After Effects freelancer for 20 years. Not a week goes by where I do not see an error caused by mixed framerates.
    Please, Please PLEASE show frame rate by default in the UI project window.
    I think some people think the software will auto posterise to the right frame rate, er, no. Illustrator files take the App Import preference, not the project frame rate, people make comps from footage not realising the frame rate is diferent.
    It is also evident most people don't know you can show it at all!
    It would REALLY help

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timeline Scroll Bar – Option to put on left side of panel

Having to move my cursor all the way to the right of a large monitor when scrolling is a pain when dealing with massive amounts of layers.

If there was an option to switch it to the left, it would keep my cursor in the same area and make working more efficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Full Screen Interface Resizing on File Open

I am a professional VFX designer and in my space setup, I have a dedicated 3rd TV for preview via Mercury Transmit. We have discovered that this feature does not work if the main AFX window is just one pixel on that desktop space. So I keep AFX in full screen mode (maximized window.) Great that's probably where it should be.

Now the annoying bug: Every time you open an AEP file from Explorer, After Effects drops out of the maximized window view and then the 3rd monitor stops working. Why does AXF do this? No reason. Sounds small, as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Find Missing Cache Folder on Startup

When I start up AE and forget to plug in my external cache drive (I like a large blank drive for a cache) I have to force wuit or it resets my preferences. I would like to see an option to dismiss and reset as well as an option for "search existing path again".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pan Behind Tool - sliding multiple layers in timeline - BUG

Small bug. CC2018.

Using the pan behind tool to slide layers in the timeline without moving the keyframes. When trying to slide more than one layer at a time.

Multiple layers are selected using ctrl/cmd. layers will deselect themselves after they are dragged. Can't seem to find a common idea as to which layers seem to deselect themselves, but it appears to either be mostly the bottom most layer, or otherwise random ones.

Just means layers have to be selected again to drag once again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option in the Windows tab to open new Windows undocked

As it says in the title.
    This would be great as it'd avoid messing up carefully crafted workspaces.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easy change language programm from russian to english

Add option Easy change language programm from russian to english

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On screen master properties and mogrt UI elements.

Add the ability to change master properties and mogrts on screen just like any other thing. Maybe change the colors of the widgets to make sure you know they are templated elements? So if there is an element you can change the position of, add a target to the position point. Or if there is text you can change, add a widget next to that text that makes it so you can select the text in-line and change it there. Maybe that way you could even format the text of a template without having to complete change the text engine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep "Convert to Editable Text" on 2 clicks

Please take back "Convert to Editable Text" to 2 clicks by not putting it on a submenu, for faster workflow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Many Character Panel font previews rendering using system font

For the last few versions of After Effects (I joined CC in Nov 2017) I don't remember the font sample previews ever working properly. Some fonts do show previews. but many are missing.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or is this a bug? Is it possible to flush the preview cache and force a recompute?

I'm on Windows 7 x64 Pro, with AE CC 2018 (15.1.2 Build 69)

I have quite a few fonts on my system (1000+) but Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign CC have no problem generating font previews correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Workspace dissapeared

I created a simple character in illustrator and imported it into my after effects project file. The character used some rigging, but this was by no means an advanced animation. I created two solids (below the character layers) and on one I tried to add Fractal Noise, but after doing that I am no longer able to see my workspace. I have attached a screenshot for reference. You will see in my second screenshot that I am able to select the elements that are in the composition, they just are not visible.

This must have corrupted my file in some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix interruptive save behaviour

Under Windows 10, if one double-clicks an After Effects project in File Explorer, that file is correctly highlighted as the selected file as After Effects opens the project and the user works on it. However, once After Effects saves, the highlighted file is no longer highlighted in File Explorer, in fact, no file is highlighted. The effect of this is that the behaviour interrupts the workflow, especially when working on a set of files that each must be systematically verified and possibly modified.

Any other software would not affect the highlighted file in File Explorer when saving, but After Effects…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Frame forward / backward via modifier + scrollwheel

Ability to frame forward / backward by shift + scrollwheeling.

This is not possible to set up with the keyboard shortcuts editor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make "Create VR Environment" window dockable

Please make the new Create VR Environment window a dockable tab.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: Keyframes disappear in video files with >3hr timecodes

Bug description: When adding keyframes to a layer using a video file which is over three hours in length, any keyframes added past 2:59:59:29 are not rendered in the Timeline panel, regardless of when the video file is placed in the Composition. Keyframes still function but are not visible or selectable with the cursor.

Reproduced on both Mac OS and Windows, 15.1.0.

It appears linked to the maximum composition length After Effects has of three hours? This seems arbitrary now it's a purely 64-bit application, and Premiere can cope with 24-hour timelines with larger timecodes?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base