After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG with comment text wrapping in mogrt panel

mogrt created in Adobe AE 16.1.3
    used in Premiere 13.1.5

I have a comment inside of a group inside of a group. In Premiere, the text wrapping does not match the width of the Essential Graphics panel causing the right edge of text to get lost before creating a line break. Because the comment is in a 2nd layer, Premiere places the text in a darker box. The text in the comment is overflowing behind the right-side padding of the UI, rather than being bound by the darker, second layer group box.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text size in the expressions box is massive and unreadable - also resizes to full height of panel.

BUG REPORT -
    When trying to enter text into the Expressions box, the box seems to become enormous, and it is impossible to see where the text you are entering is. It also resizes to take up the full height of the panel it is in.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Freehand pen function

This would be a great option to have in the pen tool, with a smoothing slider

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I cant use the program because it is dark and cant change to light or white

I just downloaded the product and cant use it because it is dark and cant read anything on screen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add all possible Keyboard Layouts

Please add all possible keyboard layouts. Currently there are only the major ones (en, es, de, etc.) but others aren't available (such as Switzerland, Hungary etc.).

I might add: I can currently use my CH keyboard but it doesn't show the keys on the graphic (i.e. I have to do it "blindly").

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Maximize window through menu on Mac

Many apps on OSX have a menu option to zoom/maximize the window. Same function as the green + button, but can be accessed via shortcut.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the user interface scaleable on Mac - WHY HAVEN'T YOU FIXED THIS?????

Christ, why do I have to mess up the interface on my Mac just to be able to read the interface in AE? How about this? Just make the **** font bigger NOW. Really that hard?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix the 'scroll through fonts with arrows' function for 2020 Please!!!

I know this has been implemented and seems to be an on again off again availability. It is really time consuming having to open Photoshop just to see what a different font looks like on the fly.
    Please fix!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to Increase Spacing of UI Elements

The somewhat close and congested spacing of the interface creates a certain sense of anxiety when I go into using after effects. Having the option to increase the spacing between UI elements, especially the layers on the timeline would make for a much more approachable experience. This feature might be implemented similar to the UI scaling options of InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrtator.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe After Effects for iOS and other mobile platforms.

New mobile devices are becoming more powerful than computers in 2015-2016, the increasing amount of tablets and mobile devices being sold for work/productivity purposes provides a new market for Adobe services like Premiere Pro and After Effects. I know applications like premiere rush exist currently but I (and I'm sure many other tablet users) would like more control over the videos I make and I know my mobile device is more than capable of handling an application like this.

Apple Pencil and other stylus' like it will provide the same level of control and precision that a mouse has, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display properties already displayed on duplicated layer

If we show some properties of a layer in timeline it's because we need to work on.
    It's really boring to have to display same properties for each duplicated layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add collapse transformation checkbox to precomp menu

So, sometimes it is more convenient to have the checkbox already checked in the precomp menu

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable To See Composition Or Footage

I did a Creative Cloud Suite update this morning and am now unable to see any of my compositions or footage in the After Effects main window. This means I can't work on any projects. I've checked all settings, reset preferences, restarted, rebooted, and reinstalled to no avail.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. default composition naming system as HTML 5 coding paragraphing

As presented here.
    http://keyframed.tv/a-composition-naming-system-for-after-effects/
    A visual way to read the project structure I use, just it doesn't convenient to rename everything, could be a default setting

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mocha isn't launching.

Mocha won't launch, if I click on on the mocha button adding it to a layer.
    If I ALT-TAB I can see a mocha window, but it is blank and I can't select it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Issues with dual monitor

When using a second monitor with the workspace setup as shown in attached screenshot, if I'm going from the left screen to the right and want to draw a mask or select an item I have to click the window first and then start drawing my mask/shape etc. In the last version of AE, this wasn't an issue.

I'm running the latest version of AE on macOS on the 2019 iMac 5K.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Beeing able to search an effect by the english name although After Effects is running in a different language

For example i search for Warp Stablizer but i have to type Verkrümmungsstabilisierung because my AE or Premiere is running in German.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [BUG] Annoying post render notification due to auto save at render time turned on

After rendering I get an annoying notification that "Can not run a script while a modal dialog is waiting for response." Everything renders just fine, but I hate having to click out of that render error box all the time. I couldn't get the error to go away until I turned of auto save before render in preferences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. dual / multi monitor support

17.0.1 still needs extra clicks when using tools in multi monitor setup...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Move script UI panel items into a Window/subfolder vs having them at the bottom of the menu

There are so many useful scripts to fill out the usability of After Effects. Problem is if you have a few, the window menu becomes unmanageably long. Please make a submenu (suggest after /Window/Extensions) for those scripts.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base