After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Issues with dual monitor

When using a second monitor with the workspace setup as shown in attached screenshot, if I'm going from the left screen to the right and want to draw a mask or select an item I have to click the window first and then start drawing my mask/shape etc. In the last version of AE, this wasn't an issue.

I'm running the latest version of AE on macOS on the 2019 iMac 5K.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Beeing able to search an effect by the english name although After Effects is running in a different language

For example i search for Warp Stablizer but i have to type Verkrümmungsstabilisierung because my AE or Premiere is running in German.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [BUG] Annoying post render notification due to auto save at render time turned on

After rendering I get an annoying notification that "Can not run a script while a modal dialog is waiting for response." Everything renders just fine, but I hate having to click out of that render error box all the time. I couldn't get the error to go away until I turned of auto save before render in preferences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. dual / multi monitor support

17.0.1 still needs extra clicks when using tools in multi monitor setup...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move script UI panel items into a Window/subfolder vs having them at the bottom of the menu

There are so many useful scripts to fill out the usability of After Effects. Problem is if you have a few, the window menu becomes unmanageably long. Please make a submenu (suggest after /Window/Extensions) for those scripts.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Graphics

Graphics Essential bug problem. The window is present rows over rows. The Text get double blinks and every time that I open Project with Graphics Essential, It get bad properties text and rows and lines. Please fix it in the next Update. It very annoying.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamic link in AE 2020 - PP 2020 working as in previous version

I don't know may be it is just me, but after update using Dynamic link is almost unbearable.

Before: import AE file to PP and correct AE composition, all changes appear immediately in PP.

Now:
    1. Import AE file. No changes reflecting, no way to refresh. If you want to see changes of AE file in PP you need to save AE file as new (no deleting help) and import as new AE file OR
    2. You can chose "Replace with AE composition feature" on already imported AE file (sic!) and receive in you file new place holder composition, to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3D navigation control scheme from Maya option

Nuke has a really great option that after effects should have too
    it can set the select the 3D navigation control scheme you want to use from Maya, Houdini, or Lightwave. so peope who are used to those programs can easily move the virtual camera around. The one I care most about is Maya because thats what I am used to but you could have lightwave and Houdini too. Inwould probably make sense to include C4D as well since you have so much integration with that software.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Correct dialog message when we delete a compo

The dialog message "Delete composition xxxx, used in n compositions ?" appears even if the composition is used n times in only 1 composition.

(Same problem when we delete footage)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User interface colors

It would be cool if you could change the colors of the background on after-effects to any color you'd like, not just black/white.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't extend expression window

When there is no other layer in the composition under the one with expression it seems impossible to extend the expression window. As a result, you need to scroll up and down to see your whole expression.

The mouse pointer turns into this bi-directional tiny arrow to extend the expression window down but it doesn't seem to work as intended when there is no other layer underneath.

See an example here: https://imgur.com/a/KThi0NS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Preview window stuck in bottom right corner

Using After effects 2020 on a iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011). The preview window is stuck down in the right corner. Can only see half of it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. bugrep: renaming groups in timeline problem

bugreport AFX CC2020: renaming groups in the timeline has no effect on the name in the timeline-tab, please check!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. audio smooth play in timeline

Timeline not smooth for synching key frame and layers to the audio file.
    When you hold ctrl and scrub the timeline, it's hard to find the right place and ear audio correctly / perfectly.

The only way I found is to give 100 fps to the comp with sound in it.
    Then it plays OK for scrubbing, but too many frames per sec to manage, so it's not playing well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. color smooth interpolation

AE should have selection of color gradiant interpolation.
    Smooth, cubic, spline, curves... custom with handle.
    Some choices somehow. Not just Linear.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. shape layer control gradiant color in timeline layer

We should be able to controle gradiant color stop in the timeline.
    To avoid to have to go in a different interface popup to manage them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Default the layer name of Master Properties

Would it be possible to default the name of the Master Properties of the layer name you drag in? I know you can rename it but it's a workflow speed increase to have it the default for i.e. Layer1Color instead of just Color as it is now having me rename it to Layer1Color.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. white solid layer showing a still video, no other layer above or below it

I am getting serious issues with 2 to 3 minute videos not displaying correctly in the timeline. Its like its missing the end. The strangest thing, is that before I start this video I have a white solid to begin with. This takes on a still of a section of the movie after. I can get rid of it and put it back and it does the same. there are no layers above or below where the time line playback line is.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Application Scripting Improvement in Settings

When i am dealing with giving permission to a script to access the network, it would be a relief to know the After Effects administration panel settings could be set to restrict scripts to a comma delimited list of trusted domains.

Another option would be a list pull down menu that gives the options of always, never, ask every time, ask once per session etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base