After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import remembers last import folder per project

I switch between projects frequently and each time I open a different file the import defaults to the last folder I was in. It would be great if it could remember the last folder per project/aep file and save a lot of time

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let autobackup save in both places at the same time.

RIght now we can either select autobackup to save files in the projects directory or in a specified different directory, possibly on a different drive.
    Can we have an option that would save the backup files in both of these places at the same time? A separate autobackup directory is messy, since all projects' backups will be in one dir - that is why project dir autobackup is better, cleaner. Buuuuut a separate autobackup dir is safer as we can put it on a separate drive. It would be nice to have both of these options on, to have a…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort by numbers in Project pane

When image sequences and stills are imported they should be sorted by name and number. Furthermore if images and image sequences are named with numbers first, the sorting is not logical. See attached screenshot showing the issue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Possibility of rotation of the guide line for correcting steep footage

some times i need to fix rotate of my footage frame by frame and need to guide by darg line from ruler but it's just vertical and horizontal

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Generating layers that fit in duration with a selected layer

If I am creating stacks of shape/solid/or adjustment layers on top of each other - it would be great to be able to select the first layer (the foundation) and then when I click - create new shape layer - the new shape layer stacks perfectly on top of the original foundation layer - the current workflow requires - that I create a new shape layer that is then the duration of the entire composition - and then I have to trim it to fit the foundation layer - also - one thing I find very strange - is when…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SHY by tags

It would be super useful if SHY option could be customizable by tags
    so you could easily hide and unhide different groups of layers in one comp.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Missing math function in expression language menu

Math.asin(value) seems to be missing from the list. It still works just fine as a function, no errors or anything, but I figured with acos and atan still present that asin should also have been listed.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug Report: File name and Location Template keeps defaulting to non-existing template

I have found for a few versions of AE that if I make an "Output File Name and Location Template", then delete that template completely and make a new one, that the output will keep using that template that was first made. Even if I just set the most basic "Comp Name" template as the default, it will still go back to using that original template that I made, that I no longer want to use. So each time I go to render, I need to choose a template to get rid of what it defaults to.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Render Items all greyed out

Since the install op 2019, both 2018 and 2019 no longer hilight items to be rendered in the Queue. All is dull and grey...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. レイヤーコントロールの表示・非表示の切り替えを環境設定にしてほしい。

レイヤーコントロールの表示のON/OFFを固定にしたい。
    新しいコンポジションができる度にOFFになってしまいます。たくさんのコンポジションを作る際にいちいちON/OFFを切り替えるのはとても無駄な労力です。CSの時代はONが固定でしたよね?昔の方が使いやすかったです。せめて表示に変えたら、プロジェクト単位は固定にしてほしいです。

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adobe 21 Century vs. Footage (none) Window

Dear Adobe, may we remove "Footage (none)" Window if there is no purpose for it if, uhm, well, no footage is there?
    For the sake of good ole housekeeping or wait unless we hit 22nd century?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Composition window freeze

AE 2019 v16.0 Composition and Footage window viewers freeze and not able to view live preview.

Timeline caches and runs fine and I can hear audio, but the viewer is frozen and doesn't update. I've tried troubleshooting various things such as purging memory, closing and reopening project, uninstall/reinstall the program.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. expressions

Changes to the new javascript expressions editor:

1. Double click a word should only select that word. Not spaces punctuation or other words.

2. Code hinting would be very nice. This could include the build in properties and methods. But also words already used in that expresssion. Look at Sublime Text.

3. Selecting multiple lines and pressing TAB or Shift+TAB should control indentation of those lines.

4. Color coding would be nice.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. please add GPU and CPU both work at a time for preview render specially and final render time . not after preview Render create work GPu.

please add GPU and CPU both work at a time for preview render specially and final render time . not after preview Render create work GPu.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this request.

Can you please elaborate on what behavior you’d like to see changed in After Effects?

After Effects uses a mix of CPU and GPU rendering, when the Project is set to use Mercury GPU acceleration (Project Settings > Video Rendering & Effects). Use of the GPU is dependent on whether or not your composition uses GPU-accelerated features of After Effects, such as GPU-accelerated effects, layer motion blur, or R3D raw debayering. Features that are not GPU-accelerated are rendered using the CPU, for both rendering previews and for export renders.

With that understanding, what would you like to see changed in After Effects?

15. Font in render queue is different and truncating last digit of filename.

Ever since updating to 2019 version of AE, my filenames are showing up in an odd font, and losing the final digit of my filename.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AE CC 2019 Make Current Time display larger

The Current Time Display is probably the simgle most important number display in the interface. It is too small to comfortably read. Please make it larger (at least as a preference).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Collapsible Panels

I would love to be able to collapse panels that I use frequently, but they're used and then put away. The way illustrator does this would be super!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show Frame Rate in Project window by default

I have been an After Effects freelancer for 20 years. Not a week goes by where I do not see an error caused by mixed framerates.
    Please, Please PLEASE show frame rate by default in the UI project window.
    I think some people think the software will auto posterise to the right frame rate, er, no. Illustrator files take the App Import preference, not the project frame rate, people make comps from footage not realising the frame rate is diferent.
    It is also evident most people don't know you can show it at all!
    It would REALLY help

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Timeline Scroll Bar – Option to put on left side of panel

Having to move my cursor all the way to the right of a large monitor when scrolling is a pain when dealing with massive amounts of layers.

If there was an option to switch it to the left, it would keep my cursor in the same area and make working more efficient.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Full Screen Interface Resizing on File Open

I am a professional VFX designer and in my space setup, I have a dedicated 3rd TV for preview via Mercury Transmit. We have discovered that this feature does not work if the main AFX window is just one pixel on that desktop space. So I keep AFX in full screen mode (maximized window.) Great that's probably where it should be.

Now the annoying bug: Every time you open an AEP file from Explorer, After Effects drops out of the maximized window view and then the 3rd monitor stops working. Why does AXF do this? No reason. Sounds small, as…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base