After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pen Tool - Disable Auto Add Verts checkbox

Similar to Photoshop, having the ability to remove the automatic generation of Vertexes when clicking with the main pen tool.

If I need to add Vertexes, I will simply use the Add Vertex tool, why have the tool in the first place if the main tool circumvents it.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard shortcut for engaging with property sliders on Opacity, Position, Rotation etc.

Let's say you want to change the opacity of a layer. You press "T" and the opacity property drops down. Then you have to hover over the "100%" click it and then you can adjust the Opacity. It would be great if you could adjust these values more freely by simply pressing "T" and then "Enter" to engage with the text field of the opacity. This could work with any property. "P", "Enter" and then type the numbers you need. "S", "Enter", "57%".

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full Screen Preview UI error

Watching RAM previews in full screen is great and something I use all the time. Except when I turn off the full screen preview After Effects has to reload the entire UI. I usually work with quite a bit of Comps open (maybe 30+). Each time after coming out of the full screen preview the UI becomes unresponsive and then loads up and opens all the comps again and then brings me back to my normal layout.

I know there are options to have mercury playback on a separate screen, which would most likely solve this problem - but you…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Full Screen Preview UI error

Watching RAM previews in full screen is great and something I use all the time. Except when I turn off the full screen preview After Effects has to reload the entire UI. I usually work with quite a bit of Comps open (maybe 30+). Each time after coming out of the full screen preview the UI becomes unresponsive and then loads up and opens all the comps again and then brings me back to my normal layout.

I know there are options to have mercury playback on a separate screen, which would most likely solve this problem - but you…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 17.1.4 KBAR lost Custom Icons

17.1.4 KBAR lost Custom Icons

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Alt-clicking 'Stop' in Render Queue not working in CC 2020

Alt-clicking 'Stop' in Render Queue used to stop your render and have it set up as a new render item that would start from the beginning.

Now it functions just like clicking Stop by itself... where the render will pick up at whatever frame you clicked stop.

Is this a bug or was Alt-clicking Stop removed intentionally?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expression Pickwipe at every stop watch

AE should have a expression pickwipe everywhere in the interface where there is a Stop Watch (timeline, effect control Panel, etc.)
    we should be able to pickwipe quickly from everywhere to everything.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search effect controle

I would be useful to search for a specific parametre in the Effect Controle Panel.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. transparency toggle

The transparency toggle is not working. I've tried in several different ways and still nothing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shape names improperly shifted down two rows in layer with multiple keyframed shapes

I posted this before but I think I actually got the issue wrong. Here's the setup:

I have one layer, containing 3 shapes. Each shape has 3 properties keyframed: Size, Roundness, Opacity. With the layer completely open and properties twirled down, I select the keyframed properties of the top 2 shapes: Rectangles 3 and 2. If I then hit 'U' to view only keyframed properties for that shape, the resulting view shows the layer names shifted down two rows.

I've attached screenshots to illustrate what I am trying to describe here. The first screenshot shows the Size, Roundness, and Opacity…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Default Alphabetical Panel Group

It would be great to have the default (or at least on option) in the Panel Group (Info; Align; Audio; Character; Paragraph etc) that allows for it to maintain alphabetical order. I love being able to pull out the individual panels to work with, but when I return them to the dock, I have to alphabetize them manually. If the program could be set up to organize them alphabetically whenever they are dropped back in, that would be amazing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open Type

Would love to see an OpenType panel like on Illustrator or InDesign. Lot of font has nowadays several stylistics sets embedded that we can’t access easily in AE

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. viewer does not response and other bugs in viewer

There is often freezing of viewer window, sometimes it shows nothing or just white screen. Sometimes marks as the anchor point target marker does not shows in viewer. All those bugs are after update to 17.1.4 on multiple machines

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import/Export Label Color Presets + Label Color Selection

PLEASE make the world a little bit better and implement a Import/Export option for label colors and show the colors instead of color names in the label color selection! Thanks <3

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Master-Propertys don´t take their user-names since Update.

I.E. the Master-Property is now named "Checkbox" and not "my Propertys Name".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remember the workspace layout spread over multiple monitors

After Effects used to remember the 'workspace layout' even if saved and spread over multiple monitors. Latest version (17.1.3) seems to crush it all onto one monitor again, ignoring the other monitor. Every new re-start now requires stretching that saved 'workspace layout' back over the other monitor again. Can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SERIOUS BUG REPORT: Missing Plug-ins Continues in 17.1.4!!!

I posted after upgrading to 17.1.3 that every time I opened Ae, I got a list of missing plug-ins (see attached). The help guy kind of fixed it by sticking a plug-ins folder on my Desktop (which is not an elegant solution.)
    I updated to 17.1.4 earlier expecting the issue to be solved but it's still happening and is now ignoring the work around as well (so back to square 1). The 'missing' plug-ins are actually there, in the correct address string, but Ae isn't recognising them for some reason.
    I see from the community, I am not the only…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Guides need improvement

The guides at the moment are horrible (granted I don't use them much for most of my work but on the job I have at the moment they are proving quite critical for making accurate masks on shape layers. The three pixel width lines are truly horrible and just make them look like a blurred line. Please just revert back to standard 1 pixel width lines - that is fairly essential for accurately placing them against objects on a visual. Or, if that is an problem for retina screens (which I'm thinking may be the reason they are like they…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Widget Bar for section

Adding a Widget Sidebar for the right section so we don't need to change our workspace to find more space on the screen which seems to be an issue with After Effects. If you can click a button to activate or de activate a sidebar or create customisable sections, it solves the issue of not having to go the menu to change workspaces, open tabs etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base