After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to combine custom kb shortcut set with new default kb shortcut set (AE 17.5)

With AE 17.5 new keyboard shortcuts for new features are introduced. Is there a way to add my custom shortcuts to the new default shortcut set as it contains new shortcuts for new functionality which are not part of the old custom kb shortcut set?

I’m using the English version with a German keyboard so I remapped quite a lot of shortcuts. I guess there is no easy way to do this …

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zoom functionality change

Zoom - can you please add the same zoom functionality that you have in Illustrator? Where you can click, drag and zoom in/out? That would be ideal. Better functionality across programs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase Font Size on UI

The font size after long hours on AE is too small. After spending long days on the program, having bigger font would help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix keyboard shortcuts access to right-click menu items

I'd like to assign keyboard shortcuts to right-click menu items I use frequently.

For example, Right-click: "Reveal -> Reveal Layer Source In Project".

I can currently assign a keyboard shortcut via the Keyboard Shortcut editor, however setting the shortcut for that particular action does not work. I see the key assigned next to the menu item but pressing the corresponding key does nothing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New project template - save new project

I use a new project template and one way to improve it would be that when you open the template AE would ask you to save your new project. Because the project is unattached so to speak, no autosave folder is created and if AE crashes, everything is lost.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. unify rotation

Unifying how rotation behaves between Layer Styles and Transform Rotation. One is clockwise, the other counterclockwise.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Upon opening AE I get weird window / cursor bugs

When I open AE sometimes (maybe 50%?), the screen will turn black for a second or so and then come back on. I've read in other forums that this might be the computer switching graphics cards so really not even a problem.

The bug i'm experiencing is after it finishes opening (and only after screen goes black). All windows will sometimes be stuck above the mac menu bar and I can't reset them. Accompanying this bug is a weird selection bug where I can't click a layer, it just automatically tries to drag it where ever my mouse goes after.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. UI Button for Audio Device Changing

The selection of audio hardware needs to become a UI interface element to simplify the process of changing devices.

As anyone has experienced not being able to playback the timeline because their Bluetooth earphones have died knows its a slow and very frustrating process to have to go into preferences and then audio hardware and change to default audio device just to be able to run the timeline again.

Hopefully windows and after effects will eventually be able to handoff to another device more automatically in the future but in the meantime a UI driopdown selection or Shortcut would way…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Why "Replace Footage / With Layered Comp" only works on one footage at a time ?

In addition there is a bug: impossible to assign a shortcut to this command.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug report: Cannot drag and drop files to project window

Adobe After Effects
    Version 17.5.0 (Build 40)

Bug report:
    When I drag and drop a file into the projects window, there is a bug. It states the following:
    "After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {no current context}"

It is a minor bug, because it is not too annoying, but still unpractical.

The solution is to import the file via right-click/import file.

~Cheers

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expression controls - txt string box

Hello,

I would suggest a new feature in Expression controls.

My suggestion is to add a txt string box.

A Txt string box would be useful when you have several
    different Suffixed finishes.

Example: ["", "%", "€", "million €", "billion €", "000 €", "000 000 €", "$", "million $", "billion $ "," 000 $ "," 000 000 $ "," ₣ "," mil. ₣ "," billion ₣ "," ° C "].

I am currently writing them in arey.
    When you add a new entry you have to change the arey and the structure of the script.

It would be very easy…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After Effects 17.5 Separate 3D Gizmo and the Bounding Box in the 'Handles' option for 'View Options'

We often use Cyclops in order to create behind the scenes breakdowns of our shots. However with the new 3D Gizmo, it's not possible to show bounding boxes of different layers without also having a giant brightly colored 3D Gizmo on every layer as well.

Behind the Scenes footage is a backbone of our studio workflow, so it's a bummer that we won't be able to update and utilize the 3D tools while this is a thing.

At the very least maybe have options for Gizmo size/opacity, something to make it less in your face.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OpenEXR from Blender is not working in AE.

Blender multilayered EXR is not importing into AE.
    Getting wired error message: "GingerProxy Error: Error loading file:[...]"

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No more ugly splash screens please.

Whe we launch After Effects, it could be great if the splash screen would be:

• Beautiful

• Inspiring

• In relation with After Effects, somehow.

We're not just users, we're also artists, and our environment is very important to our creativity, we're always looking for new stuff, for inspiration.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Color Label in after effects

It would be very good to add the option "Display the project item name and label color for all instances" as in adobe premiere

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Render Queue - Remember [projectName] token on export

I have an export preset saved in render queue that uses the [projectName] token to export into a consistent place in my current project's folder structure. This is my default preset. However every time I add a new comp to the render queue, AE seems to think my project is an older project name. If I re-select my preset it updates, but that defeats the purpose of having a default preset.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG(or feature) Scripting with wiggle.

First example:
    I have the wiggle expresion on the sliders.
    Adding the value on the scale property gives 2 different wiggle values.

Is this an expected outcome, the wiggle is called for each property even if I have only one slider scripted (therefore what is the purpose of the slider if this is the case)?
    My opinion is that intuitively it should add one value to both x an y.

Second example(without photo):
    Threshold effect has the slider from 0 to 255 (as integer value or at the first look you may think so). The same as before intuitively you…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Queue in AME needs to know you've queued to AME!

Ok, so here's the thing. I have occasion to produce differing versions of graphics on a weekly basis for a regular client. These are all produced in in AE and need outputting as MP4, so my workflow is to make the changes, select the 3 comps that need rendering, add to the render queue then hit Queue in AME. So far, so good. EXCEPT that if I haven't already loaded up AME there's no real signal that you actually DID queue them until AME loads up (you know, 40 years later). More than once, I have to think "did I…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recovery

My after effects just crashed and lost all of my stuff that I spent 3HOURS working on so I will no longer be using adobe if y'all can't recover my stuff 👍🏾

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base