After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the "Create VR environment" dockable

When using composition -> VR -> Create VR environment, the small window isn't dockable.
    It's fine for creating a comp, but afterwards you need to "refresh the VR output" quite often, so it's really tedious having to go to the menu every time.
    When it was still Mettle skybox this option was available in the effects panel, way more practical !

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mouse scroll wheel zooms in on timeline while over it

I zoom in and out on the timeline constantly, this would be handy

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Track Matte (alpha/luminance) on multiple layers

Preferably I would love Groups to do this (being able to add multiple layers to a group thats affected byt he same adjustment or alpha layer), the same way as Photoshop. But being able to select that multiple layers track matte from one source is something I miss a LOT of times and have to find ways to work around the limitations of the program.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing multiple master properties

When I have multiple master comps of the same kind in a composition, they all have the same master properties. But I can't copy and paste keyframes between them, like I can with other properties.

Workflow when editing the same master property on multiple layers should also work like normal properties.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. toggle mask and shape path visibility

button does not seem to stay on

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Project Template Improvement

New Project Template is a great addition for getting your project off on the right track quickly. But if you've taken the time to setup a template for yourself, you've probably noticed that you routinely have to tell AFX that you don't want to "save" when you open something else.

When you start up AFX or close a project, the template loads. But then you open an existing project and you're prompted to "Save Changes?" AFX should be able to tell that this is an unchanged template and not prompt you to save.

In a production environment, I'm opening existing…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Text expression control

I'd love to see a "Text control" option for expression effects, where it would add a blank text box in the effects panel that a user could enter text in to be used in expressions, along with properties for text layers for things like font, alignment, leading, etc. that could be controlled via scripting.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Preference to reverse the horizontal option-scrollwheel scrolling direction.

I finally adjusted my mindset to Apple's preferred vertical scrolling, but by switching the vertical scroll direction it also swapped the horizontal option-scroll, but frankly that makes no sense. A preference to switch it back within AE would be great!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bringing back the scrollbar in the Character list.

Just give us back our scrollbar in the Character list! AE had it, they dropped it in the previous version because the developers didn't have the time to implement it. Adobe promised to get it back in there in the latest version. Guess what? They didn't.
    So please, put it back in there!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Expression Editing Window

I just really want a separate Expression panel, like the effects panel, where I can write expressions, and see what I'm writing without having to resize the text box on the timeline every time.

Don't really care about coloured text or any of that other functionality. Just a simple text box.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug in Extract effect for After Effects 2018 (15.1.0 Build 166)

The latest update has changed the Extract values from float to integer. It's now useless for 32-bit comps. Please fix.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug Report: After Effects 15.1 Black vertical lines when scrubbing timeline / Windows 10 / UI Scaling other than 100%

On Windows 10, using AE v 15.1.0 and nVidia Driver v 391.35. Have UI scaling set to 125% (have tried custom as well) on a 3840x2160 monitor resolution. Any scaling other than 100% causes this issue. Black vertical lines appear on the timeline layers when scrubbing. When you stop they go away usually. There is also a slight shift of 1px probably, and a strange minor blurring of the timeline layers while scrubbing. If set to 100% UI scaling, all issues are gone.

This was not an issue with the previous version of AE.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. workspace resizing

Add a "fit to screen" or something similar to the window menu or adopt the Premiere Pro way of handling workspaces.
    I need to be able to do the same thing as a double click on the top bar on mac, as when i switch between home and office setup with my mac pro i often have the software 90% of screen to one side or another.

As I write this, i CANNOT use the software because the top third of the app is off screen so i don't have access to any of the tools, layers selection etc. Workaround…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the workspace off screen monitor issue with after Effects.

Every time I switch between my home and office monitor I have to delete my preferences file to fix the workspace as it is way off screen.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Modify the Effects for Multiple Selected Layers - At Once

Cinema4D's Attribute Panel allows a user to select multiple layers, and modify various attributes that those layers share, at once. After Effects could certainly benefit from this. Could be extended to shape layer properties, etc.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Composition window to be scaled by any % amount

Right now it is limited to 800% in 4K composition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bezier Paths: change handle size on mouse over (like puppet pins do in 15.1)

When there are a lot of paths/shapes on a layer, with vertices very close to each other, it's always difficult to select one precise point/handle.

Having a visual feedback BEFORE the click to select the points (and tangents handles) would help a lot their selection.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Escape button in keyboard shortcuts editor

Currently (in Ae version 15.1.0) it is impossible to assign a hotkey combination that contains Esc button.
    There is no Escape key in left upper corner in displayed keyboard model, so you cannot drag some action to button (or button to some action).
    When you try to create a new key binding and press Esc, then this Keyboard Shortcuts window will just close.

This bug has an easy workaround: Press "ctrl + alt + ;" to open settings, then press Reveal Preferences in Explorer, then go to aeks folder and edit Custom.txt manually.

To solve this bug Adobe can add…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create a keyboard shortcut for the transparency grid's switch (at the bottom of the composition viewer).

Unless there's an underlying programming issue, this seems like an easy lay up.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make after effects on ios and andriod

make it available to ios and andriod users and make after effects user friendly.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base