After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug: Can't scroll down in UI panels when list extends beyond screen space

When selecting a parent from a list (not using the pick whip) it does not let you scroll down to select parents beyond available screen space. This also happens in the effect panel when selected a layer from a list. Some lists allow you to scroll down like when selecting extensions in the window panel some do not.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. un-rename footage

I have accidentally renamed the footage in Project panel. And I have a usability problem now, after replacing footage with Ctrl+H it still have renamed name.
    I can't find the way to un-rename it back, to take footage entry name from filename. Please add this feature.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug report: MoGRTs and Libraries

When you click "Export Motion Graphics Template..." in the AE Essential Graphics panel, the "Libraries" panel opens in your workspace, re-arranging all your panels. This is very annoying for anyone who doesn't use Libraries and breaks workspaces every.single.time.you.export.a.mogrt.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export each layers to separate .PSDs

Hi guys, it would be a huge time saver to have the posibility to export each layer of a composition in a different .psd at once, instead of having to do them one by one with "Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layers".

I had to do a lot of inserts for a small documentary and afterward needed to export one by one which is annoying

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Black preview

The preview frame is black. It no longer has a predefined size. When zooming in / out, the frame does not move, nothing happens. As if there is a black composition of infinite size while I have layers.
    I restarted my pc for the first time, everything is back to normal. Then by relaunching the software to continue the project, the bug returned.
    The preview takes into account the sound, but not the image.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cadre de prévisualisation noir

Le cadre de prévisualisation est noir. Il n'a plus de taille prédéfinie. En zoomant/dézoomant, le cadre ne bouge pas, rien ne se passe. Comme si il y avait une composition noire d'une taille infinie alors que j'ai des calques.
    J'ai redémarrer mon pc une première fois, tout est revenu dans l'ordre. Puis en relançant le logiciel pour continuer le projet, le bug est revenu.
    La prévisualisation prend en compte le son, mais pas l'image.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Magnification Ratio Pop-up

Please allow us to lock the magnification ratio. Sometimes it would wildly go through different magnifications without intending to. It would be great to just lock it. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shift + a number key doesn't add a numbered comp marker

Well, that shortcut does add numbered markers for numbers 4 through 0, but not numbers 1,2 or 3.
    I'm assuming it's a small bug.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3D Gizmo

L'utilisation des touches de raccourcis 4,5 et 6, comme spécifié dans les préférences 3D ne fonctionne pas avec un clavier AZERTY. Je trouve le widget Universal pas si pratique et j'utiliserai plutôt les widgets Position, Echelle, Rotation.

Les raccourcis 1, 2 et 3 ne fonctionnent pas non plus pour la navigation entre les outils caméra mais c'est moins gênant puisque l'on à les 3 boutons de souris avec Alt enfoncé ou appuyer plusieurs fois sur C.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Accessibility

I would like to see a more Accessibility friendly user interface in all of the Adobe apps. As a recent member to the visually impaired community, I now struggle with the Adobe applications that I have been using for over 2 decades. There needs to be a high contrast mode or modes to the UI. ie, white on black. As well, a scalable UI and font sizes would be great.

Finally, making sure that ALL text elements in the UI, menus, tools etc. can be read by a text to speech engine would go a long way.

thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. accessibility features

I would like to see a more Accessibility friendly user interface in all of the Adobe apps. As a recent member to the visually impaired community, I now struggle with the Adobe applications that I have been using for over 2 decades. There needs to be a high contrast mode or modes to the UI. ie, white on black. As well, a scalable UI and font sizes would be great.

Finally, making sure that ALL text elements in the UI, menus, tools etc. can be read by a text to speech engine would go a long way.

thanks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. accessibility features

thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Look At All Layers" can't be assigned to shortcut

For some reason you can't assign a shortcut to the "Look At All Layers" command in the "View" menu. Even though the Keyboard Shortcuts editor might have a shortcut saved and listed, it has no effect when pressing the shortcut later on.

I can see that AE also doesn't list the shortcut next to the command in the actual menu, so for some reason the connection must be broken.

This is a real nuisance, because this command is crucial for quickly navigating the 3D space such as in Blender or Cinema4D.

Apparently this is a well-known bug. Could this be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Nulls Shouldn't Open in Layer Window

Small but time-saving suggestion, please disallow Null objects opening in the Layer window.

When using the keyboard shortcut to add a null to the stage, I habitually hit Return to name the layer, however this instead opens the newly-created Null in the Layer window.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add UI font size controls

Just like in Photoshop, AE really ought to have UI font size controls. On large screens the default UI font size is too small and, at least on a Mac, beyond scaling my entire display, there seems to be no way to fix this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Smarter Grouping in Shape Layers

Add a 'Group Selected' function, to enclose the selected items in a new group, and keep expression references intact, also when the group is renamed. (the Debugger knows when a reference is lost after a group or rename action and should be able to update the expressions acoordingly)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Project Window Indicator for current Comp in CompViewer

In Ae, one reoccuring confusing UI related issue is, that the user thinks that a different Comp is shown - resulting in working in an original in stead of a copy.

Cause of this, is that in the Project panel, a different Comp name can be highlighted than the Comp opened in the Comp viewer.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some sorrt of indicator in the project panel, that shows which comp is open. E.g a bullet in front of the Comp name (and folder name). See attached visualisation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Slow... Laggy... After... Effects... Workflow

I'm going to type my complaint in the same format that Adobe after effects allows me to work:

I

Can't

Get

Anything

Done

Without

The

Application

Freezing

Or

Hanging

Every

Or

So

Minutes.

This

is

the

same

machine

that

spat

out

simultaneous

renders

from

After

Effects

DaVinci Resolve, Blender and Unreal Engine, last month (these products get their own line because I don't have to wait for them nearly as much as I do for After effects now.
    After Effects started doing this thing today where I can't use the machine or any other apps (including web…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. zoom shortcut broken

After Effects 17.5.1 (MacOS Catalina) still have Alt-scroll (zoom) functionality broken. I saw a post where Adobe Admin told that this issue was solved in 17.5.1 update, but it is not.
    If I have a comp without a Camera layer, with my SelectionTool selected I can press Alt and scroll to zoom in/out. But if I have Camera layer (locked or unlocked), Alt key switches to camera tool and when I scroll I'm changing the depth.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After reviewing this report and discussing how the mouse wheel is used in 3D comps and the intent of the new behaviors with the camera tools in After Effects 17.5, we’ve decided to make a small change.

In Preferences > 3D, the Mouse Scroll Wheel Behavior option will now default to Magnify Composition, instead of Dolly Camera.

Given all of the factors, we concluded this is the best option to balance typical workflows and the new camera tools. And if you preferred the Dolly Camera option, this is an easy change to make.

This change will be in the next update for After Effects Beta (version 17.6, build 42 or later). Please test it when available and let us know if this feels like the right change.

20. Composition display error

Strange symbols take up workspace when creating new compositions. Resetting to default does nothing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base