After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a 'Scripts' Top Menu & allow Sub folders/sub menus for ScriptUI items

Please add a 'Scripts' menu item at the top next to the 'Effects' menu item. Also, and this is more important than the scripts menu item, PLEASE enable sub folders/sub menus for scripts so that we don't have to scroll through a long list of scripts & can better organise them into related categories.

I feel like this would be pretty simple to do. And would look like this in the interface:

Scripts > Character Animation > (all related character animation scripts in a drop down menu here)

This would be great as it would allow people to organise their…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mocha AE button in Tracker panel

I am amazed by how few people I talk to online are aware that AE has a planar tracker built-in. Especially since Mocha AE is better-integrated as a plugin, I think it would be great if the tracker panel got a "Track in Mocha AE" button. It's already got buttons that launch various different things, why not add this? It'd really help boost the discoverability of Mocha AE.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard Shortcut to close OTHER panels in the group

Its a typical (and problematic issue) AE having a ton of different comp tabs opened, while working a project.
    While there is a option with click and "close other panels in the group" there is no shortcut, neither the ability to ADD a custom shortcut in the shotcuts editor.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Move selected keyframes (not their layers) and selected layers in time

I often need to move some layers together with other layers' keyframes only, not the entire layer (so excluding in/out points, non-selected keyframes, and markers). Currently if I select some keyframes and some layers, all the layers move together. Afx does not respect that some layers have keyframes selected; it treats the entire layer as selected.

So currently it's a very frustrating and time-consuming process to simply add time to a segment of my comp: I have to select all the layers that come after a set of keyframes and move this selected group of layers forward. Then I have…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want English and Chinese to be visible at the same time(or any other languages)

I want to mul languages can be visible at the same time which can help us fit this software for Non-native English people

Just like how it works in Premiere.

And the translation in Chinese is not so accurate.
    e.g.
    en: channel → zh: 通道 (not 声道)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would love an invert mask feature for lightroom within the adjustment brush feature. So you can create a duplicate and edit both

In the attached photo you can see I've created an adjustment brush mask for the bird I photographed. I can edit the bird this way but would love to also be able to create an inverted mask of the adjustment brush mask. This would be a mask only for the background not the bird/opposite of my first mask. This way the background can be edited and the adjustment brush layer for the background can be created without me having to paint aa new layer erasing the bird so that background is targeted

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. relink & replace missing fonts for all text layers in project like in InDesign

Just like footage, fonts, too, can sometimes be missing when a project is handed over from one artist and/or workstation to another. In many cases the license for the font is not available and you need to manually replace the font with a similar one by hand for dozens of text layers.

A much better workflow experience would be the ability to replace all instances of one font with another from one central font source panel like you can in InDesign!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow for scripts to access After Effects Color picker

Writing scripts for after effects is fun as well as frustrating, but scripts allow for the community to bring features to After effects to ease workflow processes.
    And I think adding the possibility to access After effects native color picker would open up a great amount of potentials for scripts.

Currently we have to adress OS native color pickers which from my experience doesn't match colors with AE.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Render Queue - Place new output token at cursor

In the Render Queue, when I add a token from the drop down menu to a File Name and Location template, it places the token at the start of the string. I think new tokens should place where the cursor is currently sitting. Would be helpful when adding lots of tokens to a long file path.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to fix that the UI is different only in the file tab (in japanese)

now, that file tab is different fonts and size from others so it is difficult to use the bar.
    ファイルタブが他のタブと違ってフォントと大きさが違い、非常に使いづらいです。修正を希望します。

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keyboard Shortcut for New Shape Layer

Keyboard Shortcut for Layer > New > New Shape Layer

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After Effects Keyboard Shortcuts Window Improvements

After Effects is an amazing application, however, I've observed the Keyboard Shortcuts window needs some much needed improvements (this applies to Premier as well). Here are my suggestions:

• Make it a non-modal window

• I really don't understand why this dialog was created as modal in the first place. To more quickly learn and reference the myriad number of keyboard shortcuts, it would be invaluable to be able to left open on second display while you work.

• Add the ability to create and display lists of favorite shortcuts. This way users can more quickly reference their specific shortcuts.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please check Cinema 4D installation when After Effects installation

From 2020CC, C4D lite is separately installed. When AE is installed or update, C4D is installed replaced currently installed version. This behavior is very bad for commercial Cinema 4D users. In AE installation process, please check Current version of C4D and if R21 is installed, please don't installed Cinema 4D. It should install C4D lite, when R21 is not installed.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Overwrites file on render without warning or notice or chance to modify name

I was surprised to see that AE overwrote my previous render of the same name without any warning or notification. (In Windows 10 Pro > Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue > Quicktime > Render) Bad impolite AE - it should never overwrite a Windows file without warning. Please add warning and opportunity to change name.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Preserve UI Layouts

One of the bigger frustrations I have with AE comes up when I open a project created by someone else, and the AE UI converts to THAT person's layout. I can think of 0 instances in which that would be of any use.

I know I can go to Window->Workspace and call my saved layout back up, but why should I have to? Please change this behavior.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dropdown Menu Control should not reset Master Property references in other comps

Adding/Removing items in the Dropdown Menu (DDM) should not reset any keyframes or expressions in other comps when using Master Properties.

Likely, anyone using the DDM w/ MPs is doing some complex rigging, and having to start over from scratch if you need to add an option breaks almost any usefulness from being able to combine these awesome features!

A nice UX would be to ask if you wanted to reset any keyframe or expression data, or let you choose to leave it, and deal with any resulting consequences like expressions breaking, etc.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bookmark Properties in Layers

Add a checkbox to every property editable in every layer, when the checkbox is ticked, it can be treated like "master properties" for precomps, and pressing a single letter shortcut can reveal all bookmarked master properties on every layer, making the layer easy to manipulate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Swatches tool for every app and creative cloud

Overall, the swatches should be the same. Now Illustrator and InDesign have the one that are really good (folders...). Photoshop, After Effect, Premiere... don't have the same. As people switch often from one to another and another app, it would be better to make these tools the same. The use of .ase should also be included in all possible apps and creative cloud.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug - Audio Preview

Since the last update for After Effects, Previewing the audio by pressing period now plays silence for the firt half second of preview, making it impossible to use this method for syncing audio events

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base