After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. dual / multi monitor support

17.0.1 still needs extra clicks when using tools in multi monitor setup...

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move script UI panel items into a Window/subfolder vs having them at the bottom of the menu

There are so many useful scripts to fill out the usability of After Effects. Problem is if you have a few, the window menu becomes unmanageably long. Please make a submenu (suggest after /Window/Extensions) for those scripts.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamic link in AE 2020 - PP 2020 working as in previous version

I don't know may be it is just me, but after update using Dynamic link is almost unbearable.

Before: import AE file to PP and correct AE composition, all changes appear immediately in PP.

Now:
    1. Import AE file. No changes reflecting, no way to refresh. If you want to see changes of AE file in PP you need to save AE file as new (no deleting help) and import as new AE file OR
    2. You can chose "Replace with AE composition feature" on already imported AE file (sic!) and receive in you file new place holder composition, to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Get rid of Adobe Media Encoder.

It's funny how the subtitle for AME is "Quickly output video files for virtually any screen" because there is nothing "quick" about AME. It's slow and clunky and it feels like something from the pre internet age. If it works at all. My workflow for posting a fun daily animation is spend a couple hours animating and then spending the next two days troubleshooting how to get it out of the box. Seriously, I'm so glad that you added prores to AE but it's overkill if you just want to play your file. Just add back h.264 movs. You say…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Snap to comp edges/corners/center

Allow snapping to the comp in the same way that's already possible with other layers. I thought this was already possible but it doesn't seem to be.

As in I move a layer, hold cmd/control and when it gets close to the upper corner of the comp, it snaps to it.

I can sort of do this with the align tools, but that doesn't work on 3D layers, and it doesn't work with groups of objects unless I first parent everything to the object I want to use.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Assignable Keyboard shortcuts CC BB DD etc...

Love UU. Love EE. Quick easy and no playing twister with your keyboard. What's easier than double tapping a key. Why not make double tapping assignable? Triple tapping? Too easy and logical to ignore.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give us 75% zoom level

This was similar requested many times.

Let's keep it easy for the beginning - not asking for

• dynamic zoom like in Illustrator

• or finer zoom control

JUST add 75% zoom level.

50% is so small, 100% cuts of the edges. 75% would be such a pleasure to work with!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3D navigation control scheme from Maya option

Nuke has a really great option that after effects should have too
    it can set the select the 3D navigation control scheme you want to use from Maya, Houdini, or Lightwave. so peope who are used to those programs can easily move the virtual camera around. The one I care most about is Maya because thats what I am used to but you could have lightwave and Houdini too. Inwould probably make sense to include C4D as well since you have so much integration with that software.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Correct dialog message when we delete a compo

The dialog message "Delete composition xxxx, used in n compositions ?" appears even if the composition is used n times in only 1 composition.

(Same problem when we delete footage)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User interface colors

It would be cool if you could change the colors of the background on after-effects to any color you'd like, not just black/white.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for RTX CPU series.

Please let us know when adobe after effect will be link to RTX CPU series. I bought a system with RTX 2080 Super but its useless and making me angry when I see with a 20 sec video for removing of green screen, my system with half quality still lagging and not showing real time :(

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Resize 2 view and 4 view Composition Windows

I'd love to be able to resize the windows in AE when I have a top and active camera window, sometimes I need the camera window to have more real estate than the Top.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can't extend expression window

When there is no other layer in the composition under the one with expression it seems impossible to extend the expression window. As a result, you need to scroll up and down to see your whole expression.

The mouse pointer turns into this bi-directional tiny arrow to extend the expression window down but it doesn't seem to work as intended when there is no other layer underneath.

See an example here: https://imgur.com/a/KThi0NS

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. smooth zooming via mouse

Instead of jumping in intervals when zooming, I'd very much prefer a smooth means of zooming to go along with the smooth panning we have. Its one of the experience pleasantries I have with other apps and wish it were in AE as well.

Its nice for when dealing with details. Roto, checking key edges, etc.

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable automatic comp creation

Currently every imported item creates a new comp. There should be a way to disable this. I find it super annoying. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Import Dialog Box Light on Dark UI

In Windows 10, when the Dark Mode is enabled, the After Effects Import dialog box has a few option labels that are not switching over to "dark" and remain "light." Please fix this. Thank you.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bugrep: renaming groups in timeline problem

bugreport AFX CC2020: renaming groups in the timeline has no effect on the name in the timeline-tab, please check!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. audio smooth play in timeline

Timeline not smooth for synching key frame and layers to the audio file.
    When you hold ctrl and scrub the timeline, it's hard to find the right place and ear audio correctly / perfectly.

The only way I found is to give 100 fps to the comp with sound in it.
    Then it plays OK for scrubbing, but too many frames per sec to manage, so it's not playing well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. color smooth interpolation

AE should have selection of color gradiant interpolation.
    Smooth, cubic, spline, curves... custom with handle.
    Some choices somehow. Not just Linear.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base