After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. better keyframe data display

some idea for better keyframe data display:
    • select and see values / velocity / etc in a palette and be able to change in that palette.
    • keyframe color labels
    • connected value keyframes, so of 4 values, you can link the middle two (like a fade up and down for example)
    • 3 vertical sizes of keyframes in timeline, kind of like changing size of track height in premiere. the taller setting could show ghosted velocity or graph chart of value behind keyframes.
    • locked or grouped keyframes, grab one and all of them will shift the same…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mask and shape indication cursor needs a dedicated hotkey to switch

Would be nice to have a hot key to switch between mask and shape path creation

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Parent-based filter operator for Timeline search bar

Additional operator for the Timeline search bar, allowing the user to filter for parent properties.

For example:
    Let's say I have multiple layers, each containing two groups (let’s call them “Top” and “Bottom”), and each containing a path. I want to change the Line Cap on “Top”’s path to rounded. If I search for "cap", then I’m shown the Line Cap options for the paths in both groups in each layer.

It would be great if there were a way to search for something like "top: cap", so that it only shows me properties containing "cap" that also have a…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make FX Console a native AE function

Video Copilot's FX console is useful, but it seems to break with every major AE update, and support is sporadic. Make something like it that can be stable and reliable!

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Master Properties to be copied to a new Essential Graphics Panel

The ability to transfer properties from essential graphics panel to a new composition's window with new essential grahics panel
    the useability is this: when you work on a MoGRT, usually you add a bunch of parameters and little you care about the final controls look while designing and developing, and then at the end you decide to make a pre-comp of almost everything - to add more post effects and keep everything clean and this time you would like to have the ability to paste all those user parameters that are on the essential graphics panel window to a new…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG when using Windows 10 clipboard

When pasting a value from Windows 10 clipboard history (Windows key + v), the value is pasted two times in a row.

For example, 1234 from clipboard gets pasted as 12341234.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add project version number as a render token property

The addition of render tokens is great, but I find myself just wanting to use the project version number as a token. I might have 5 comps that get rendered from one project, and I would like them numbered the same as the project number they came out of, while still maintaining the comp name. Using the whole project name is unnecessary in my use cases.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Layer Styles Blend modes not working correctly

When choosing Inner Shadow or Drop Shadow Layer Style, the screen Blending Mode is not working as it should. Screen acts like Darken or Multiply. Color Dodge etc is also not working as it should.

Viceversa, all darken Blend Modes do not work with Inner Glow. Multiply acts like Screen here.

I don't think this is intended behaviour. Although Shadows are usually meant to darken the underlying colors, when I choose Screen it should be Screen. If I want Multiply it should be Multiply.

There are presets available that use Inner Shadow with Screen and it is a pity that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: Collect files for Selected Comps

So I'm selecting my single comp in the project pane and go to Dependencies->Collect Files -> For Selected Comps. I mark "Reduce Project". But then I still end up with the full project not the comp I selected.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. source text shortcut

Could we have a shortcut to access "source text" easily ?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Resize error windows

If an error window has text beyond the screen dimensions, there is no way to resize or scroll to the bottom to close it. I renamed a folder which broke several links. The error window reporting all of the broken links was larger than my screen; I could not move it or close it. I had to force-quit the program.

Error windows should be scalable by dragging from a corner, or have a scrolling function so we can get to the "Cancel" or "Okay" buttons at the bottom.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selecting layers in Timeline Panel; "Click & Drag"

The user should be able to click and drag the mouse across layers in the timeline panel, highlighting layers within the selection - just like in Premiere Pro sequences.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save Dialog Box on Mac no longer accepts keyboard shortcut for "New Folder"

When saving either a project or render item location, the save dialog box on Mac will no longer accept the CMD-Shift-N keyboard shortcut to create a new folder. The button to create a new folder still works, so the functionality should be there.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. zoom in zoom out focus on playhead

When zooming in and out in the Timeline, center on the playhead, like in Premiere and Audition.
    Zooming in and out to a somewhat random area is not as efficient as how it is in the other programs. This is probably an ancient workflow leftover and would be so much better to bring this into the modern editing world and more consistent with the other programs.

I'd even accept the ability to set this as a default and still have the old way available for users who still want it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exact matches in Timeline search bar

Enabling exact searches (by surrounding a phrase with double-quote marks) would be very helpful in avoiding false positive results.

Eg. Let's say I have controller effects named "Position - Red" and "Position - Blue". If I search for "Position - Red", I'm going to be shown not only both of these effects, but also every "Position" property on the selected layers, because the search bar is searching for "Position", "-" and "Red" as AND/OR, rather than just AND.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How about not let us test your ****** beta software. So many new Bugs! Do you check your releases or do we have to do that work for you?

How about NOT let US test your ****** beta software for you in the future. Had to restore the Prefs since PSD files got imported in strange precomps plus only 3 frames lonng. Now I have to restart the Program every 3 Minutes due to invisible mask points.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a 'Scripts' Top Menu & allow Sub folders/sub menus for ScriptUI items

Please add a 'Scripts' menu item at the top next to the 'Effects' menu item. Also, and this is more important than the scripts menu item, PLEASE enable sub folders/sub menus for scripts so that we don't have to scroll through a long list of scripts & can better organise them into related categories.

I feel like this would be pretty simple to do. And would look like this in the interface:

Scripts > Character Animation > (all related character animation scripts in a drop down menu here)

This would be great as it would allow people to organise their…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mocha AE button in Tracker panel

I am amazed by how few people I talk to online are aware that AE has a planar tracker built-in. Especially since Mocha AE is better-integrated as a plugin, I think it would be great if the tracker panel got a "Track in Mocha AE" button. It's already got buttons that launch various different things, why not add this? It'd really help boost the discoverability of Mocha AE.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard Shortcut to close OTHER panels in the group

Its a typical (and problematic issue) AE having a ton of different comp tabs opened, while working a project.
    While there is a option with click and "close other panels in the group" there is no shortcut, neither the ability to ADD a custom shortcut in the shotcuts editor.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base