After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Application Scripting Improvement in Settings

When i am dealing with giving permission to a script to access the network, it would be a relief to know the After Effects administration panel settings could be set to restrict scripts to a comma delimited list of trusted domains.

Another option would be a list pull down menu that gives the options of always, never, ask every time, ask once per session etc.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to Increase Spacing of UI Elements

The somewhat close and congested spacing of the interface creates a certain sense of anxiety when I go into using after effects. Having the option to increase the spacing between UI elements, especially the layers on the timeline would make for a much more approachable experience. This feature might be implemented similar to the UI scaling options of InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrtator.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe After Effects for iOS and other mobile platforms.

New mobile devices are becoming more powerful than computers in 2015-2016, the increasing amount of tablets and mobile devices being sold for work/productivity purposes provides a new market for Adobe services like Premiere Pro and After Effects. I know applications like premiere rush exist currently but I (and I'm sure many other tablet users) would like more control over the videos I make and I know my mobile device is more than capable of handling an application like this.

Apple Pencil and other stylus' like it will provide the same level of control and precision that a mouse has, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Toggle switch for absolute values of parented parameters

I'd really like a way to toggle the absolute and relative positions of a parameter of a parented layer. Currently only the relative values for Position, scale, & rotation are visible in the timeline. If i need to copy/paste any of these parameters, i need to unparent the layer first. linking an expression to the parameters of a parented layer causes a lot of issues and requires either adding extra code in the expression to get the absolute values or parent the linked layer to the parent of the layer that is being link to. It's kind of a pain…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. After Effects 2020 EXR support

Multilayer EXR - they are faster, though closer to x3 x4 times faster not 12 ;)

Single layer EXR - they are actually 30% slower than in 2019 version, what's up with that??? (Just imported a sequence and pressed space)

Timecode finally works with EXR - THANK YOU.

Create ProEXR layer comps - now I know this has been moved to import options for EXR, but please DO NOT remove this menu item. It's good to be able to do this on command when we need to. Right now if I don't do this during import, there is no way…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Interface problems with multimonitor setup

I'm using a two monitor setup with the timeline (among others) on the right screen and the composition window (among others) on the left screen. Since the 17.0 update I now have to activate the window before I can edit something whenever I switch from the timeline to the composition screen: with a layer selected in the timeline (right screen), when I move my cursor to the left screen to click and move the layer around in the composition window, it will not work. I first have to release and click again before I can manipulate. Same happens when I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sequences

When importing, it'd be nice if AE automatically turns off the sequence checkbox if there's less that a certain number of items as defined in a preference. For example, I never render sequences less than probably 50 frames, but I often number certain elements numbering less than 50 sequentially.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display properties already displayed on duplicated layer

If we show some properties of a layer in timeline it's because we need to work on.
    It's really boring to have to display same properties for each duplicated layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow interface text size to be increased

be able to increase the size of the text within the software, not being able to defeats some of the advantage of having a large monitor

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add collapse transformation checkbox to precomp menu

So, sometimes it is more convenient to have the checkbox already checked in the precomp menu

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. snap region of interest to guides

Allow the Region of Interest drag points to snapped to guides, and/or allow the region of interest points to be entered numerically

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. default composition naming system as HTML 5 coding paragraphing

As presented here.
    http://keyframed.tv/a-composition-naming-system-for-after-effects/
    A visual way to read the project structure I use, just it doesn't convenient to rename everything, could be a default setting

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change drag and drop functionality to not assume image sequences

If I drag and drop a folder into AE it always assumes it's going to be an image sequence - but I almost never use image sequences - this forces me to hold ALT every single time I drag and drop a folder into AE. That's extremely annoying, I don't want to have to hold ALT every time I import something. I'd rather hold ALT only when importing an image sequences OR have to import image sequences through File>Import.

If I try to import a folder with multiple folders full of videos I get this error:
    "Can't generate a sequence.…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mocha isn't launching.

Mocha won't launch, if I click on on the mocha button adding it to a layer.
    If I ALT-TAB I can see a mocha window, but it is blank and I can't select it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Issues with dual monitor

When using a second monitor with the workspace setup as shown in attached screenshot, if I'm going from the left screen to the right and want to draw a mask or select an item I have to click the window first and then start drawing my mask/shape etc. In the last version of AE, this wasn't an issue.

I'm running the latest version of AE on macOS on the 2019 iMac 5K.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dynamic Zoom on After effects ?

have a dynamic zoom on After Effects, like on Illustrator or Photoshop ...

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Image sequence frame rate prompt right on import, please.

One of the most basic attributes of an image sequence is the frame rate, and sometime we import various fps - so it would be very helpful if this was prompted on importing image sequences...

The default is 30fps but I (and I'm sure many more) use both 24fps and 30 or 60 frequently.
    I know this can be changed via interpret footage but it would save time to have the framerate prompt right away along with the alpha interpretation dialog box. Example mockup attached.
    Thanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Beeing able to search an effect by the english name although After Effects is running in a different language

For example i search for Warp Stablizer but i have to type Verkrümmungsstabilisierung because my AE or Premiere is running in German.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Button (or Search preset) that shows properties already in Essential Graphics

While combing through the AE16.1 'Cloak-o-nut' AEP looking for magical wisdom, I wished for a list of properties already active in Essential Graphics. We need a button to show where those properties are coming from in the layers, or at least a preset in the comp Search menu. If there's already a way to do this, I haven't seen it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [BUG] Annoying post render notification due to auto save at render time turned on

After rendering I get an annoying notification that "Can not run a script while a modal dialog is waiting for response." Everything renders just fine, but I hate having to click out of that render error box all the time. I couldn't get the error to go away until I turned of auto save before render in preferences.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base