After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Render Queue - Remember [projectName] token on export

I have an export preset saved in render queue that uses the [projectName] token to export into a consistent place in my current project's folder structure. This is my default preset. However every time I add a new comp to the render queue, AE seems to think my project is an older project name. If I re-select my preset it updates, but that defeats the purpose of having a default preset.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export each layers to separate .PSDs

Hi guys, it would be a huge time saver to have the posibility to export each layer of a composition in a different .psd at once, instead of having to do them one by one with "Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layers".

I had to do a lot of inserts for a small documentary and afterward needed to export one by one which is annoying

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tapered Stroke Improvements (for Beta Version)

Thanks for finally developing a native tapered stroke feature on After Effects. I'm playing with it and find it very easy to use!

But I think this feature could be improved for many users if you consider that the taper could mimic better the width tool on Adobe Illustrator.

Now the taper produce a pointy or semi-rounded stroke cap, but it isn't possible to preserve a perfect round or butt cap.

Thank you again!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Black preview

The preview frame is black. It no longer has a predefined size. When zooming in / out, the frame does not move, nothing happens. As if there is a black composition of infinite size while I have layers.
    I restarted my pc for the first time, everything is back to normal. Then by relaunching the software to continue the project, the bug returned.
    The preview takes into account the sound, but not the image.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cadre de prévisualisation noir

Le cadre de prévisualisation est noir. Il n'a plus de taille prédéfinie. En zoomant/dézoomant, le cadre ne bouge pas, rien ne se passe. Comme si il y avait une composition noire d'une taille infinie alors que j'ai des calques.
    J'ai redémarrer mon pc une première fois, tout est revenu dans l'ordre. Puis en relançant le logiciel pour continuer le projet, le bug est revenu.
    La prévisualisation prend en compte le son, mais pas l'image.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Magnification Ratio Pop-up

Please allow us to lock the magnification ratio. Sometimes it would wildly go through different magnifications without intending to. It would be great to just lock it. Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Accessibility

I would like to see a more Accessibility friendly user interface in all of the Adobe apps. As a recent member to the visually impaired community, I now struggle with the Adobe applications that I have been using for over 2 decades. There needs to be a high contrast mode or modes to the UI. ie, white on black. As well, a scalable UI and font sizes would be great.

Finally, making sure that ALL text elements in the UI, menus, tools etc. can be read by a text to speech engine would go a long way.

thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. accessibility features

I would like to see a more Accessibility friendly user interface in all of the Adobe apps. As a recent member to the visually impaired community, I now struggle with the Adobe applications that I have been using for over 2 decades. There needs to be a high contrast mode or modes to the UI. ie, white on black. As well, a scalable UI and font sizes would be great.

Finally, making sure that ALL text elements in the UI, menus, tools etc. can be read by a text to speech engine would go a long way.

thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Look At All Layers" can't be assigned to shortcut

For some reason you can't assign a shortcut to the "Look At All Layers" command in the "View" menu. Even though the Keyboard Shortcuts editor might have a shortcut saved and listed, it has no effect when pressing the shortcut later on.

I can see that AE also doesn't list the shortcut next to the command in the actual menu, so for some reason the connection must be broken.

This is a real nuisance, because this command is crucial for quickly navigating the 3D space such as in Blender or Cinema4D.

Apparently this is a well-known bug. Could this be…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Nulls Shouldn't Open in Layer Window

Small but time-saving suggestion, please disallow Null objects opening in the Layer window.

When using the keyboard shortcut to add a null to the stage, I habitually hit Return to name the layer, however this instead opens the newly-created Null in the Layer window.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add UI font size controls

Just like in Photoshop, AE really ought to have UI font size controls. On large screens the default UI font size is too small and, at least on a Mac, beyond scaling my entire display, there seems to be no way to fix this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Smarter Grouping in Shape Layers

Add a 'Group Selected' function, to enclose the selected items in a new group, and keep expression references intact, also when the group is renamed. (the Debugger knows when a reference is lost after a group or rename action and should be able to update the expressions acoordingly)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Project Window Indicator for current Comp in CompViewer

In Ae, one reoccuring confusing UI related issue is, that the user thinks that a different Comp is shown - resulting in working in an original in stead of a copy.

Cause of this, is that in the Project panel, a different Comp name can be highlighted than the Comp opened in the Comp viewer.

Wouldn't it be nice to have some sorrt of indicator in the project panel, that shows which comp is open. E.g a bullet in front of the Comp name (and folder name). See attached visualisation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Context sensitive help documentation

Press F1, get help for the last clicked thing in After Effects. Easy. Any Cinema 4D user would agree. It's fantastic. I use it a lot.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Colorama color panel update please !?!?!?

Colorama is so powerful; but the color picker suck.
    Just use the same picker as the rest of the Program, PLEASE.

Why this color picker from the 80's, for a such a great effect?

Also, we should be able to see live update in the composition panel

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Composition display error

Strange symbols take up workspace when creating new compositions. Resetting to default does nothing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. UI: Slight overshoot at bottom of layer panel (indicates bottom layer is reached)

Whenever I have composition with a large number of layers I have a hard time knowing when I am at the bottom of my layer stack. I'll scroll to the bottom and I have no visual indicator that I have reached the bottom. A slight overshoot with a grey spot at the bottom would help me know I've reached it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AE 2020 17.5.0 (Build 40) - Fill & Stroke change color when EyeDropping from swatch

I am adding a stroke on a shape layer, but getting a shaded version of the color from UI and not the actual color in the swatch.

In other versions of AE you can eye dropper the fill color if you want it to be the same.

Steps to show error in Windows AE 2020:
    Create shape layer
    Add fill
    Add stroke
    Modify the stroke in Contents
    Clicking the swatch color - brings up the color dialog
    in the swatch color dialog - the eye dropper can't actually pick the same color from the fill in the top middle bar.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New 3D gizmos make interface render slowly.

Working on a project with 150 3D video layers laid out in a custom tile pattern. I have been working in wireframe mode mostly to make things move a bit faster when just laying things out.

When working in wireframe mode there is no way to turn off the new 3D gizmos. For one their solid color and large size make it hard to see what you are doing if you have 150 layers. If you hide layer controls you see essentially nothing. When working with this many layers trying to move them accurately become basically impossible. The cause AEs…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Modifier keys for the new 3D transform gizoms

It would be nice to add the shift/command modifier keys to effect transformations 10x and 1/10th respectively while making adjustments using the gizmos in the composition window. This should replicate the effects of using these modifiers when scrubbing numeric values in the timeline.

It could effect translation, scale and rotation similarly. I especially find using the rotation gizmo imprecise and would appreciate a 1/10 modifier.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base