After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [BUG] Timeline indicator drag screwed up with 18.4.1

See video attached. The display is now freaking out when dragging the thing while holding shift.

Video: A) normal drag B) dragging with shift.

😕

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search/filter in Effect Controls

Please add a search/filter bar to the Effect Controls panel to make finding parameters quicker and easier. Twirling down endless nested categories many plugins have is tiresome, slow and unnecessary.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 8 bit warning pop up on all effects

If I click an effect in the effects control panel where the warning icon appears for '8-bit only' effects, I get the pop up attached, even on full 32bpc effects.

Seems to be a UI bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Time Ruler Bug

The Time Ruler bug I read about from 2017 is still happening in my app. I'm unable to see the Time Ruler in seconds. in Ae current version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After Effects Multiple Views is buggy and not working

I have updated my after effects into v18.4 and when I switch my view into 2 or 4, the viewer is buggy
    I've been eperiencing this problem since the 18.0 release

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use graphic's name as it appears in CC Libraries when adding to AfterEffects

Currently, when adding a PSD graphic from CC Libraries to an Aftereffects project, the name of the PSD's top layer is used as the Source Name. Instead, use the name as it appears as in CC Libraries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hand tool in Render Queue

The keyboard shortcut for the hand tool (space, or "h"), no longer works in the render queue window.
    This is a faster way to scroll through the list of renders instead of using the scrollbar.
    Selecting the hand tool icon still works.
    version 18.1.0

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. restart button for restarting the entire app under file menu

There exists an Exit option under the file menu. but it would be a huge timesaver to have a Restart option so Adobe apps can Restart by itself appropriately and systematically without having the need to manually do it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please migrate Output Templates automatically

Each update, I loose all my Templates. Why aren't those migrated automatically?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello, is it possible to get more space in the Comment Function in Essential Graphics?

In Essential Graphics in the comment function you can only read one line of text at a time. To explain more complex content it would be good to have a window that grows with the entered text and where you don't have to scroll. Because an end customer hardly understands what is important.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bug Report - Preview Resolution Changes Raw Images Gamma in "Linear Working Space"

Since a couple of updates I've had this weirdest glitch.

On imported RAW images, when the preview resolution is set to anything less than "Full", the layer's gamma suddenly gets waaaaay off.
    This only happens if "Linearize Working Space" is checked in Project Settings.
    I've also reproduced this bug with .dng instead of .RAF, so the RAW image format does not seem to matter.

Currently using AE 18.1 on windows 10, Camera Raw is up to date and this glitch happens whether GPU acceleration is on or off.
    Unfortunately I can't seem to find on which version thig bug appeared,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Zoom control whilst in Effect Control Panel

I'm often tweaking stuff in the Effect Control panel and wanting to look at the changes zoomed in and out, but the keyboard shortcuts for zooming in and out only work when the timeline or comp window is selected. Please make the keyboard shortcuts work whilst the Effect Control Panel is active.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. DE: Tweak german category names for BlurAndSharpen so that effects appear in one category

In the German UI, effects for “Blur and Sharpen” appear in two distinct categories, „Weich- und Scharfzeichnen“ and „Weich- & Scharfzeichnen“, the former containing the “CC”-prefixed effects (Premiere Pro), the latter all the others (Media Core).
    This is neither helpful, nor is it probably intended.

Fortunately, there's a simple fix:
    The After Effects Dictionary for the German language (Support Files/Dictionaries/de_DE/after_effects_de_DE.dat) needs to be updated so that the values for “$$$/MediaCore/FiltersAndEffects/Category/BlurAndSharpen” and “$$$/PremierePro/AEEffect/Category/BlurAndSharpen” are aligned.

Best regards

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Slow... Laggy... After... Effects... Workflow

I'm going to type my complaint in the same format that Adobe after effects allows me to work:

I

Can't

Get

Anything

Done

Without

The

Application

Freezing

Or

Hanging

Every

Or

So

Minutes.

This

is

the

same

machine

that

spat

out

simultaneous

renders

from

After

Effects

DaVinci Resolve, Blender and Unreal Engine, last month (these products get their own line because I don't have to wait for them nearly as much as I do for After effects now.
    After Effects started doing this thing today where I can't use the machine or any other apps (including web…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hardware support must last longer

Two years ago I purchased a top-of-the-range HP laptop for my Adobe work and today it seems Adobe don't care about supporting it.

I know RTX has come out in the last two years and I can confirm my workstation that has an RTX Quadro 4000 runs Adobe without issue - But I need that to be busy rendering 3D.

Meanwhile my Non-RTX laptop cannot run After Effects anymore, despite HP advertising it as "for use with Creative Cloud." It used to work with Adobe, but not any more.

I know Adobe will say, "Upgrade the laptop" but here in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Item tags (colors) reset automatically in AE Team Projects

Every time my team opens a team project, the color tags we have set for items in our project reset to their default color. Not all tags are reset, but probably 90% of them are.

This happens no only when sharing new edits but even when one person simply closes and re-opens AE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring the Primary Viewer button back

Can you please bring the Primary Viewer button back? I realize it's tucked into each viewers' pulldown menu but it's time consuming to have to constantly click through menus when it's so much easier to click a button. Why was the button removed? It's not crowded with icons on the viewer windows. When working with dual monitors and both main/precomps, having the button readily available is a must.

Please return the button.

Thank you!
    Craig C.
    (Professional AE user since 1997)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. content aware

Content Aware Fill panel does not show "Create Reference Frame" and "Generate Fill Layer" buttons.

P.S. The attached screenshot shows the interface in portuguese language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Render Push Notifications via Mobile Device

Rendering is a part of the experience we all just sit around waiting for. We want to be able to take a nap or go get some food without worrying my render has failed or that my computer is just sitting there when I have deadlines.

Introduce a function via Adobe CC perhaps that would allow you to track and notify you about the completion of renders in After Effects, Premiere or Media Encoder.

Here is a concept video designed to give you some ideas: https://youtu.be/G9kQEchDun0

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mobile notifications for renders are now in public beta! They’re available in build 18.4×37 or later. You’ll also need the Creative Cloud app on iOS or Android.

If you haven’t used the public beta before, you can download today’s release in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Look for the “Beta Apps” tab on the left side. The public beta installs right alongside your release builds and projects are compatible so you can go back and forth as needed.

Looking forward to your feedback! You can share your thoughts in our beta forum here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-beta/render-queue-notifications-now-available-in-18-4x37/m-p/12131167

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base