After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remember custom Workspace and Keyboard settings between updates

Every time there is even an incremental update to AE, custom workspaces and keyboard shortcuts are forgotten. Many of us spend a great deal of time setting up such tools and to have them lost every time there is an update is exasperating! The 'sync settings and prefs' utility does not sync these critical settings, which just rubs salt into the wounds. Identifying the appropriate files to manually transfer to the new folders is a tiresome activity, which could easily be automated during the update. Please, please make this simple and important process an automatic consideration in every update.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SHOW MORE THAN 1000 LAYERS

I have worked on Adobe AE and PS for 12 yrs. And I always worked with 1000s of layers. But my current project is giving me trouble as layers beyond 1000 are not showing. And I cannot precompose the layers in this particular project, I want it all in one comp. PLEASE SOLVE. Your regular support team cant solve it. And I need a solution for this ASAP

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Comp settings : add a button to trim comp duration to current time

Hi AE users & makers :)

just a quick idea to save time in comp edit windows, when you have to modify comp duration, adding a small button to crop to current time. I even made a mockup ! Have a nice day // Paul

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Selectively ignore expression errors

When I write an expression, I want to know if it has an issue. Thankfully expression error warnings exist. However, there are several expressions that due to several reasons still work, even if they create an expression error. I want to silence these expression errors. However doing so silences ALL expression errors, which is NOT the behavior I want. It would be great if you could click on the yellow triangle expression error warning next to a property and select -> silence this expression warning. Then it would change to a mute signal. That way I can continue getting expression…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [UX] Zoom: Mouse scrolling to include 33.3%

When magnifying the comp viewer, the 33.3% option is left out. Why? Makes no sense.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Highlight unused Keyframes

Having useless keyframes automatically highlighted by Adobe — this would be cool to have in addition to being able to color keyframes, so that you know which keyframes are useless if you have a LOT of them everywhere.

Helps to organize when you look back at your timeline the next day and you may not remember leaving a random keyframe somewhere because you were only using it as a marker temporarily or something

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Value graph bug

When working with the value graph the graph gets pushed off from the keyframes. Zooming in and out seems to fix this sometimes but not always. It doesn't seem to effect the animation but it's a bit annoying to work with.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Alt-clicking 'Stop' in Render Queue not working in CC 2020

Alt-clicking 'Stop' in Render Queue used to stop your render and have it set up as a new render item that would start from the beginning.

Now it functions just like clicking Stop by itself... where the render will pick up at whatever frame you clicked stop.

Is this a bug or was Alt-clicking Stop removed intentionally?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adobe fonts are broken in After Effects

Adobe fonts are not loading 80% of the time, no such problem with photoshop nor premier, that's not allowing me to do my job

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Master-Propertys don´t take their user-names since Update.

I.E. the Master-Property is now named "Checkbox" and not "my Propertys Name".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Progress  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. layer thumbnail images, similar to Illustrator

I would love to be able to see small layer thumbnail images like Illustrator has! Any reason this was never implemented??? Seems like a no brainer for helping navigate the timeline without having to constantly rename layers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keyboard shortcut for previous/next keyframe of same property

I can navigate along the keyframes of a single property by hitting the left/right arrows by the "add keyframe button". There is no keyboard shortcut, however. J and K move along all keyframes, but it would be REALLY useful to have, say, Shift-J and Shift-K to do this. (This function doesn't even seem to be exposed in the keyboard mapper.) Similar to Shift-J/K, perhaps also add Ctrl-J/K to move between keyframes of all properties for that selected layer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Türkçe dil desteği istiyorum

Ben bir Türk vatandaşı olarak , uygulamalarınıza türkçe dil deseği gelmesini istiyorum. gelmediği sürece uygulamalarınızı kullanamayacağım.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Eye safety while loading AE UI!!!

Dear Adobe. Please care about our eyes!
    While starting AE, before the UI is fully loaded, the window represents a full-screen area of pure white light for a few seconds. With bigger monitors in a dimmed environment this really hurts users' eyes. Please choose dark color for this. Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Live VR viewer in Ae

Premiere Pro has a version of this already–although it's quite juvenile and could use some help. After Effects, however, doesn't have one. I'd love to have a live VR viewer in After Effects with a little more upgrades than the current Premiere option, especially dimension control (so the window isn't just a square). Many base level 360 editing software includes a variety of viewing options such as Tiny Planet, Crystal Ball, Natural View, and Flat. This simple window would save me so much time and make the world of a difference for 360 footage integration. (screenshot is from Insta360 Studio…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug report: Cannot drag and drop files to project window

Adobe After Effects
    Version 17.5.0 (Build 40)

Bug report:
    When I drag and drop a file into the projects window, there is a bug. It states the following:
    "After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {no current context}"

It is a minor bug, because it is not too annoying, but still unpractical.

The solution is to import the file via right-click/import file.

~Cheers

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Select Layers, In/Out points, and keyframes at the same time

The ability to select multiple different "types" of objects in the layer panel is a must-have for efficient workflow. Being able to select an in-point, a keyframe, and an entire layer (or any combo of those) should be possible and would improve working speed a huge amount, especially when retiming an existing animation.

For example, often a group of keyframes, another layer's in-point, and an entire precomp will need to be set up in perfect sequence, which needs to be be retimed due to feedback. As it stands now, I would need to move keyframes, in-point, and precomp layer all…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Render Queue - Remember [projectName] token on export

I have an export preset saved in render queue that uses the [projectName] token to export into a consistent place in my current project's folder structure. This is my default preset. However every time I add a new comp to the render queue, AE seems to think my project is an older project name. If I re-select my preset it updates, but that defeats the purpose of having a default preset.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export each layers to separate .PSDs

Hi guys, it would be a huge time saver to have the posibility to export each layer of a composition in a different .psd at once, instead of having to do them one by one with "Composition > Save frame as > Photoshop layers".

I had to do a lot of inserts for a small documentary and afterward needed to export one by one which is annoying

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base