After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limit transform to size or position (not both)

In the canvas, the active object can be moved or resized with the transform controls. Currently I can move the object by clicking and dragging within the object, or resize by clicking and dragging near the edge handles.

This works fine for large objects. But often when working with small objects or text, I'll just want to move it a little bit and suddenly I've scaled it 1000% by accident.

I'd like the option to limit the transformation to only reposition or only scale the selected object. Leave it as is by default, but the option would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resize layers proportionally when holding shift (including flipped layers)

When I adjust the scale of a layer (using the transform handles in comp view), I can hold shift to evenly scale on both axis. But it doesn't actually maintain the proportions, it just copies one axis to the other. So any flipping or aspect ratio changes are lost.

I'd like to be able to scale objects proportionally to the existing size, so that flipping/stretching is not lost.

This is actually already possible if I resize by sliding the scale value in the layer's properties (with constrain proportions enabled), but scaling from the comp view is much faster and more…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. “option” + drag to duplicate keyframes and layers

In a lot of Adobe programs, you can hold "option" (on mac) and drag a shape or layer to duplicate it. Except for AE, this is however a very fast and interactive way to duplicate something that could even be applied to effects, keyframes, etc.

Here is a demo video of how this would work: https://vimeo.com/137401276

309 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After Effects CC 2020 mouse

After coming back to a project that has been left open overnight on my iMac Pro running after effects cc 2020, the mouse is not in the correct position when I click on to through the UI in AE. if I click on something in the timeline, it selects an area that is about and inch and a half diagonal to where the GUI is showing the mouse location. This is fixed with a save and restart.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unable To See Composition Or Footage

I did a Creative Cloud Suite update this morning and am now unable to see any of my compositions or footage in the After Effects main window. This means I can't work on any projects. I've checked all settings, reset preferences, restarted, rebooted, and reinstalled to no avail.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Window exits fullscreen and resizes when opening project from explorer

Every time I open a project from explorer and not through the menu, AE goes into windowed mode and resizes to the last window size it remembers.

This happens every time when AE is running and a project is opened through windows explorer instead of AE menu.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. From the Home window > right click a project name > show in finder.

While in the Home window, where it shows you all of your recent files that you have worked on.

right click the file name, show project file in finder.

that way it crashes, you can quickly navigate back to an autosave.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Problem with wizard and expression editor in AE CC 2020

In this update to version 17.0.0 (Buld 557) of Adobe After Effects, there are 2 serious situations regarding working with expressions.
    When I am going to enter any expression, the syntax wizard is not working as in previous versions, it just disappeared.
    2. When I try to edit any expression that I have written or been suggested to me, I try to edit it. In the editor the text of the expression does not appear and it seems as if it has a font size of more than 300 points, once I release the option to edit the expression, it…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make shrinking/enlarging consistent even when layer is flipped

I'd LOVE to be able to flip horizontally and vertically AND still be able to resize it with alt/+-. Right now, as the flipping is just adding "-" to the number, it skews things as one dimension grows and the other diminishes. Basically, I want to be able to always use alt++ to grow and alt+- to make smaller, even if the layer is flipped.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Master Properties shortcut (like ee or uu)

Would be great to twirl up/down all the Master Properties with a hot key
    Maybe pp?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text size in the expressions box is massive and unreadable - also resizes to full height of panel.

BUG REPORT -
    When trying to enter text into the Expressions box, the box seems to become enormous, and it is impossible to see where the text you are entering is. It also resizes to take up the full height of the panel it is in.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [BUG + FIX] Commands being removed from keyboard shortcut editor

BUG: Occasionally unbinding commands with the in-app keyboard editor will remove the command as an option entirely from the keyboard editor for that specific .txt file. From my understanding, when this bug occurs, the command line in question is purged from the .txt file and therefore cannot be assigned in-app.

FIX: Opening up another .txt without the missing command line, and copying and pasting it, in order, with all formatting considerations applied will bring the keybind back into the app.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Graphics

Graphics Essential bug problem. The window is present rows over rows. The Text get double blinks and every time that I open Project with Graphics Essential, It get bad properties text and rows and lines. Please fix it in the next Update. It very annoying.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dynamic link in AE 2020 - PP 2020 working as in previous version

I don't know may be it is just me, but after update using Dynamic link is almost unbearable.

Before: import AE file to PP and correct AE composition, all changes appear immediately in PP.

Now:
    1. Import AE file. No changes reflecting, no way to refresh. If you want to see changes of AE file in PP you need to save AE file as new (no deleting help) and import as new AE file OR
    2. You can chose "Replace with AE composition feature" on already imported AE file (sic!) and receive in you file new place holder composition, to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Freehand pen function

This would be a great option to have in the pen tool, with a smoothing slider

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I cant use the program because it is dark and cant change to light or white

I just downloaded the product and cant use it because it is dark and cant read anything on screen

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add all possible Keyboard Layouts

Please add all possible keyboard layouts. Currently there are only the major ones (en, es, de, etc.) but others aren't available (such as Switzerland, Hungary etc.).

I might add: I can currently use my CH keyboard but it doesn't show the keys on the graphic (i.e. I have to do it "blindly").

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shortcuts to go to next/previous comp markers

J and K work for layer markers, not comp markers

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Maximize window through menu on Mac

Many apps on OSX have a menu option to zoom/maximize the window. Same function as the green + button, but can be accessed via shortcut.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base