After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adopt DPI scaling feature like that of Photoshop, Illustrator

I have a 27" 4K monitor (150%) next to a 27" 1080p monitor (100%). Right now, both Photoshop and Illustrator look fantastic no matter what display they're on, their scaling changes appropriately. However, After Effects, Premiere, Bridge, and Audition (the other apps I use) look blurry on the 1080p display. I was hoping that by upgrading from CS6 to CC 2018, these issues would have been resolved, but unfortunately we're only partway there.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Request to change bit-depth nomenclature in the Output Module.

"Millions of Colors+" is so 90's. It's now 2018 and people understand bit-depths much better. It's time to use more professional terms like "16-bit", "32-bit float" and so on.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include all Shape Layer contents to Flowchart

Twirl twirl twirl... Navigating all the components that can potentially live in a single shape layer is excruciating. Add all Shape Layer contents to the flowchart so we can get a bird's eye view of what's what and easily select components from there.

Mock up: https://twitter.com/demafleez/status/721068185374490624

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better organisation in program of essential graphics

Essential Graphics templates can take a lot of trial and error to get right. Why is it to difficult to delete a graphic when I want to export a new copy? When using essential graphics panel I can't delete templates, and I have no way to save and update a new copy.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Smart Sort By Name

The Project panel sort by name could be smarter. If you have your comps numbered sequentially and then add a letter to the end (say, a new shot 2B gets added between shots 2 and 3), shot 2B sorts below everything. Attached screen shot helps show what I mean.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Simple change Language in UI

This may apply to any Adobe app. Language should be able to be changed without having to reinstall. I receive projects in both Spanish and English and its a pain to be reinstalling or having to update every expression found in it.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Previewing(thumbnails) files in media browser inside aftereffects not supported

In PPro you can in AE you can't what is the meaning of this? the next s-t-u_p-id thing as we used to in adobe products.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mouse scroll wheel zooms in on timeline while over it

I zoom in and out on the timeline constantly, this would be handy

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Feature request: The expression pickwhip should be able to 'auto-untwirl' collapsed groups.

I'm often blasted by one of those glaring-yellow 'YOU BROKE IT' warnings just because I'd forgotten to untwirl a property group before writing an expression: I'll click-drag the pickwhip to the target property, unclick to untwirl it, terminate my expression with an equals sign in the process, and thus precipitate the end of the world.

On the other hand, whenever I want to pickwhip a property that's been scrolled offscreen, I only need to momentarily hover the pickwhip over one end of the panel before it 'takes the hint' and auto-scrolls for me.

It'd be great if the pickwhip could…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add colors to whole tabs in the Timeline panel

I would like to be able to assign different colors to tabs in the timeline panel, where you switch between comps. This would be separate from the square label group color icon, and used to easily keep track of for example Export comps, work comps etc.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MacBook Pro with touch bar: I only need a slider for the selected property avoiding to go in the effort panel and drag slider/rotate knob.

MacBook Pro with touch bar: I only need a slider for the selected property avoiding to go in the effects panel and drag slider/rotate knobs.
    100% CUSTOMERS SATISFATION!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keep multiple timeline windows exactly where I left them when I reopen a project

Make each project remember how I had timelines and windows arranged so it opens EXACTLY as it was when I last used that project. I arrange things differently with some projects and saving a workspace DOES NOT keep my timeline windows arranged in order nor remember that multiple timeline windows were open. I often leave small pre-comps in the default location under the Composition window and open a separate Timeline window for large comps in a second monitor so I can open things up and see all the layers. These setups are NEVER remembered and it gets annoying to re-order…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save changes to this workspace

Please change order of the "Reset to Saved Layout", "Save Changes to this workspace" and "Save as new workspace"

or

Add an "Are you sure you want to change the workspace? Yes - No"

I click 4 to 5 times a week the wrong button (save changes) and save my workspace with wrong positions and windows.

Very very very frustrating.

Thank you.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Problem with AE CC 2018 and Motionland Big pack of Elements

I am having a problem with After Effects CC 2018, and I'm wondering if anyone can help?

I am having trouble using the Motionland Big Pack of Elements - a collection of icons, titles etc for after effects. Some of the elements of the pack work fine, but with some titles and icons I am finding that the composition will not play, and I get the following error message:

"After Effects error: TDL: outline contains triangles that are too small to be rendered. Check for very thin triangles in original artwork. (88 :: 3)"

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The selection tool should be able to work with keyframes and layers seperately.

The selection tool is capable of doing far too many thing concurrently. On the timeline, it can select text, select layers, move layers, select keyframes, move keyframes, and more.
    For this reason, a selection marquee intended for keyframes can only be drawn if the user begins clicking and dragging from a grey section of the timeline. (But NOT if that is the text area for an expression!) This must be very carefully done, since it will otherwise result in layers being moved accidentally.
    I propose that a preference be added, which, if enabled, would require the user to hold down…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create a keyboard shortcut for the transparency grid's switch (at the bottom of the composition viewer).

Unless there's an underlying programming issue, this seems like an easy lay up.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to see outside the camera view in 3d.

It would be very helpful in 3d scenes if you could toggle on off seeing outside the camera view. Being able to see inside the etire viewport with a rectangular shape only showing what will be rendered.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Crop comp tool

Working between Photoshop and After Effects, the one thing I find a bit annoying in AE is the resizing of compositions. Especially with imported psd/psb objects. It would be cool to have a crop comp tool similar to the crop tool in Photoshop.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. [bug] Workspace changes into undesirable position when relaunching/reloading AE

Best shown here: https://imgur.com/a/FgmItNi
    The only solution I've found was to double click the custom workspace name on the top right. Still, it relaunches

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base