After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to see outside the camera view in 3d.

It would be very helpful in 3d scenes if you could toggle on off seeing outside the camera view. Being able to see inside the etire viewport with a rectangular shape only showing what will be rendered.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. resize mask from corner

On Windows 10.0.16299 Build 16299 and After Effects 15.1.1 (Build 12)

When pasting shapes from illustrator or even creating a new mask shape in After Effects there is about a 5-10 pixel radius in which the user must hover over the corner of the mask in order to have the diagonal or 45 degree shaped pen tool appear which allows the mask to be resized from the corner, or proportionally while holding ALT + SHIFT at the same time.

This is a feature I use across all Adobe software often as it easily allows the user to resize the mask…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Comp Frame Rates

Ideally, when you make a new comp in a project, it should check the frame rate of the last comp you made in THAT project. Often I switch to another project in between that has a different frame rate, and then I go back and don't notice I'm making new comps at 59.94 instead of 24fps. I know it's my fault, but can I get a little help? :)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the "Create VR environment" dockable

When using composition -> VR -> Create VR environment, the small window isn't dockable.
    It's fine for creating a comp, but afterwards you need to "refresh the VR output" quite often, so it's really tedious having to go to the menu every time.
    When it was still Mettle skybox this option was available in the effects panel, way more practical !

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. workspace resizing

Add a "fit to screen" or something similar to the window menu or adopt the Premiere Pro way of handling workspaces.
    I need to be able to do the same thing as a double click on the top bar on mac, as when i switch between home and office setup with my mac pro i often have the software 90% of screen to one side or another.

As I write this, i CANNOT use the software because the top third of the app is off screen so i don't have access to any of the tools, layers selection etc. Workaround…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Composition window to be scaled by any % amount

Right now it is limited to 800% in 4K composition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. toggle mask and shape path visibility

button does not seem to stay on

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Preference to reverse the horizontal option-scrollwheel scrolling direction.

I finally adjusted my mindset to Apple's preferred vertical scrolling, but by switching the vertical scroll direction it also swapped the horizontal option-scroll, but frankly that makes no sense. A preference to switch it back within AE would be great!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bringing back the scrollbar in the Character list.

Just give us back our scrollbar in the Character list! AE had it, they dropped it in the previous version because the developers didn't have the time to implement it. Adobe promised to get it back in there in the latest version. Guess what? They didn't.
    So please, put it back in there!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show Keyframe connection

This interface tweak is as usefull as it is simple. Even before implementing a label colors for keyframes I think this one will be a massive improvement for clarifying the timeline when you have a lot of keyframe.

An image :
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52829097e4b043b800eeef8c/t/55f77bafe4b084d89b9c3424/1442282417145/Keyframe-Connections-1?format=1000w

Suggested by :
    http://www.sandervandijk.tv/after-effects-features/keyframes#connection

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a keyboard shortcut for the transparency grid's switch (at the bottom of the composition viewer).

Unless there's an underlying programming issue, this seems like an easy lay up.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to see audio waveform and keyframes at the same time

It would be great if you could see a layer’s audio keyframes and waveforms at the same time - maybe a bit like in Premiere. It’s annoying to have to toggle between the two when working with audio. It would also be useful to be able to see a muted layers waveforms.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Escape button in keyboard shortcuts editor

Currently (in Ae version 15.1.0) it is impossible to assign a hotkey combination that contains Esc button.
    There is no Escape key in left upper corner in displayed keyboard model, so you cannot drag some action to button (or button to some action).
    When you try to create a new key binding and press Esc, then this Keyboard Shortcuts window will just close.

This bug has an easy workaround: Press "ctrl + alt + ;" to open settings, then press Reveal Preferences in Explorer, then go to aeks folder and edit Custom.txt manually.

To solve this bug Adobe can add…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug in Extract effect for After Effects 2018 (15.1.0 Build 166)

The latest update has changed the Extract values from float to integer. It's now useless for 32-bit comps. Please fix.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Jump custom number of frames on the timeline

Ability to go forward/back a settable number of frames (like 7 or 24) using a non-existing combination (like Cmd+Shift + PgUp/Down on Mac and Ctrl+Shift + PgUp/Down on PC).
    The number of frames could be set in the Keyboard Shortcuts panel.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like to be able to open folder in separate panels, similar to having multiple bins open in Premiere.

I would like to be able to open folder in separate panels, similar to having multiple bins open in Premiere.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Move the new transform pickwhips next to the value fields so they're not directly under the layer pickwhips

Putting these new pick whips directly under the layer pickwhips creates a confusing, cluttered area of the UI.
    Move them so they are away from the main pickwhip

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Complete dark mode

Right now the appearance can be set to pretty dark, but would be great to make it even darker if the user would like. Hours and hours in AE hurts the eyes!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add an icon toggle for Parenting&Link in timeline view please

How would you like the feature to work?
    There are currently 3 icon toggles in the lower lefthand corner of the Timeline panel -
    1-Layer switches
    2-Transfer Controls pane
    3-Timestretch
    Please, please, please add a 4th icon/toggle for Parenting

Why is this feature important to you?
    Parenting is used more far than Timestreching and yet its not included in the toggle icons below.
    This continues to make no sense especially now that you've added Linking in the panel.
    Parenting is also the panel most would open to use quickly and then collapse to save space.
    Come on guys. This is…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Expression Keys

Similar to "Label Colors for Keys" suggestion, with the added functionality of triggering expressions.

Create a keyframe
    Right-Mouse Click the keyframe and select Scripted Key
    Write parameter specific script in pop up script panel
    Scripted key is red with an "E" or "S" on it and triggers expression when playback head hits it.
    You could also select script range, and bar is created that indicate the start and end of the script.
    No expression controls need.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base