After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Stroke Width

If you enter text into the stroke width in the toolbar and hit enter, the text box stays selected though the UI no longer shows it that way. If you then hit 0 to preview, you'll make your stroke 0 and have no idea why they're gone or why nothing is previewing. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe 21 Century vs. Footage (none) Window

Dear Adobe, may we remove "Footage (none)" Window if there is no purpose for it if, uhm, well, no footage is there?
    For the sake of good ole housekeeping or wait unless we hit 22nd century?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Global styles.

Possibility to define object styles, which could be applied to many layers. Editable in separate palette make changes in all layers.

Similar to InDesign Object style. Should be possible to be driven with expressions.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix the problem about the windows disappearing from screen

If I connect with my laptop to an external screen and start working in after effects I cannot detach the screen without all my windows are moving to nirvana and there is absolutely no chance to get them back and rearrange them since all required controls are somewhere out of my screen. To fix this I have to kill all my personal menu settings. That bug exists since 2008!!! So please!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One popup for all shape properties

PLEASE (I am begging), When I want to change the properties of a shape layer, color and fill type, PLEASE put all of that into one screen. I am new to After Effects and I am constantly clicking the color swatch while wanting to change the properties of no fill, fill and gradient. I am constantly getting frustrated and wished these things were all in one click rather than separated in a color swatch and a word link. PLEASE put this in one popup!!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let us view the timeline while viewing the Graph editor

It is very tedious to switch between the graph editor and the timeline over and over again.

By changing this it would be possible to easily change the keyframes position, moving layers and adjusting the velocity of the keyframes in the same workspace.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. render notifications.

Mobile app with notification as render finishes.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide/delete trimmed markers

It'd be great to have an option to hide or delete markers that are trimmed from a clip. Ideally it could be set as the default behavior with the markers' right-click menu giving users the option to unhide them, though I realize that hiding the markers would require a new level of interaction, where automatic deletion of trimmed markers would be a relatively easy implementation. Either way would be a massive improvement on the current process of removing unnecessary markers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lock a Layer in the Composition Viewer, but not the Timeline

Currently, adjustment layers that cover the whole screen must be locked in order to access on layers below them when using the Viewer. This is sometimes frustrating to continually lock/unlock adjustment layers to make adjustments to their effects/properties.

If a layer could be locked in the Viewer only, it would allow much faster editing of adjustment layers while also maintaining accessibility for all other layer below them.

This could also serve as a way to lock footage layers which the user wants to always remain in place, preventing accidental position shifts when dragging other items in the Viewer.

Suggested implementation:…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. vertically zoom on waveform

Sometimes when using high-bass songs the audio waveform just turns into a block, so to vertically zoom on it will show further details on the waveform in order to see different beats.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this feature request.

In After Effects, you can vertically zoom the waveform by placing the mouse cursor underneath the waveform (the cursor icon will change to a vertical double-arrow), and then clicking and dragging.

Does this meet your need, or do you want different functionality in After Effects. If so, please elaborate.

11. Could you make the timeline track height adjustable?

Could you make the timeline track height adjustable?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adobe Capture - Record Video with Tracking Data

The Adobe Capture App has a feature that allows me to record video and tracking data.

the interface shows me an 3D augmented guide object, and tells me to move cam slower. or suggests removing reflective objekts from my scene.

when the file opens in after effects the recorded tracking data appears as a point cloud in the usual track camera manner.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Close Tabs To The Right

Borrow the wonderful little Close Tabs To The Right option from Chrome (and add a "To The Left" option) and add it to the Timeline Panel menu.

When working with deeply nested comps, it would be really handy to close a bunch of comps to the right (or left) of the currently open comp. Close Other Timeline Panels isn't always the best option to clear out the tabs you want shut.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reposition Anchor Point on Option/Alt Click

With a layer selected, and the Pan Behind Tool active. It would be very helpful to be able to Option click and have the anchor point snap to the cursor, rather than the current behavior of needing to drag the anchor point. When working with lots of layers, it could be very helpful for anchor point setup.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to be able to open folder in separate panels, similar to having multiple bins open in Premiere.

I would like to be able to open folder in separate panels, similar to having multiple bins open in Premiere.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Diagonal Guides

It would be amazing to have a native way to make diagonal guides in the Composition Window. Perhaps if you click the corner of the Ruler and then have a way to enter/edit specific rotation angles?

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Solo mode on layers alert when rendering.

When starting a render queue item, there could be an alert popping up, or a sound cue if you have layers in solo mode, to avoid waiting until a finished render until you realize half your project is not rendering.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Scaling Interface Elements for Ease of Use/Accessibility

It is difficult to manipulate certain elements in Adobe Programs due to their small size.

A particular hindrance I have experienced in After Effects is trying to drag to extend a clipped section while there is a marker on that layer near where I am clicking. When I click and drag, AfterEffects will always assume that I am trying to move a marker - even if I have locked the markers on that layer.

I think that if I could make each of the rows to a height I specify, it would be able to manipulate the clip extension without…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Essential graphics panel - Faster workflows through smarter property naming, copy/pasting properties and twirl down/folder organization

Right now when you add in a property from an expression control like a slider, it just shows up as "Slider" in the panel even if you've named the effect. It would save me a ton of time if you just took the name of the effect instead of just giving it a generic title like "Checkbox" or "Slider". I keep having to rename things in the EG panel that I've already taken the time to name properly in my project.

If you won't do that, please at very least add the ability to quickly tab between the names of…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mask feather path to be separated from mask path

feather must beanimatable over time as well as main mask math
    as well as mask mast have it's own position controls for offset rotation skew etc to be able to link it to nulls and meanwhile make adjustments to the mask path!

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base