After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fluid Interface Improvements

It's 2018 and everyone by this point is used to fluid smartphone interfaces that run at 30-60FPS and yet After Effects (and most of the adobe suite) can't scroll through layers at anything about 10 FPS to save it's life.

Try to scroll through a comp with 100+ layers and watch as the FPS of the panel drops to about 3FPS. I'm not sure why this is such a hard problem to fix.

The "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, And Footage Panels" checkbox doesn't seem to help at all and sometimes even makes the problem work.

Other fluidity improvements:
    - It…

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow L*a*b* -values in Color Picker

Hi,

Photoshop has an excellent color picker that allows user to input Lab*-values and then converts those values to a corresponding RGB-values based on the color profile that's loaded into your working space. Similar functionality would be great addition to After Effects and extremely useful when dealing with brand colors.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Missing percentage/frame counter in VR Comp Editor when Tracking

When tracking a 360 shot using the VR Compe Editor and 3D Edit i no longer have the percentage/frame counter telling me progress of the track. The tracker then starts solving the track but never finishes just sticks on the yellow solving bar.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Global Adaptive Resolution Setting

Add a global setting or button for Fast Previews/Adaptive Resolution. That way users can turn it off globally for an entire project. Currently there is no way to do this except to go in each composition and set fast previews to 'Off (Final Quality)'.

Also, this might be a bug, because for some reason, at a certain moment, this has been turned on and now it is turned on every composition or project I open resulting in a very pixelated preview.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pin Project Template

In our studio environment, we have a standard after effects template that gets loaded for every project. It would be nice to be able to pin a few project templates in the startup window along with recent files.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rotobezier / X-Spline Handles

Add tension handles to rotobezier (x-splines) so they are easier to edit without a modifier key.

Basically, just steal how MochaAEs X-splines work, they are great.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. CC2018: I called the local Adobe help phone number, but after 8 minutes there wasn't any answer only the music

Black hole, I interrupted the line!
    Good support!
    On the chat, they asked my phone number to upgrade many times, i don't understand why not once!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make keyboard shortcuts menu resizable.

Currently, it is essentially impossible to change my keyboard shortcuts, because the window is too large to fit on my screen. This could be easily fixed if the window could be resized.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Missing Beziers on shape layer vector object position property in value graph

Can't adjust curves on shape layer vector objects position property in value graph because they are missing the bezier handles

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. problem went i import a illustrator file to after effects

the problem is when importing an .ai file to after effects this is not shown correctly, I get text or black screen, just open me .eps but I can not do anything, i try reinstalling after effects and illustrator and nothing , I have the updated drivers and try creating a new file after reinstalling Illustrator but it only showed me everything in black even though text was no longer available, someone knows how to solve this error, thanks

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" Bug Report

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3, AE 15.1.1 (but I've noticed this in many previous versions as well)

Steps to Reproduce:

• Turn "Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" on.

• Play the current composition.

• Switch the timeline to another composition.

• Switch back to the first composition.

• "Toggle Mask and Shape Visibility" is now turned off and needs to be turned back on again.

It's mildly annoying and I've noticed this for a long time but only recently discovered what actually causes it. It seems that when you play a composition, it will disable that switch in order to not show layer handles/outlines and such…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it easier to view Imported Assets

Right now the only way to view an asset without adding it to a composition is my watching it in the Footage window, which is a bit slow and clunky to work with.
    It would be really useful to be able to scrub through assets like videos and sounds faster to recognize them.

One way of approaching this would be to match the Project Window/Media Browser with Premiere Pro's a bit more.

An other would be to improve the footage window by making it more responsive so it could be used as an video previewing tool.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. a shortcut to flip through the drop-down menus in the Effects Control Panel

a shortcut to flip through the drop-down menus in the Effects Control Panel. Something similar to the shortcut in the Layers Panel (Shift+ +, -) would be nice. Thank you!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dockable, vertical, editable toolbar

It would be great if the toolbar could be displayed vertically like in Illustrator and Photoshop, and dockable to the sides of the AE window.
    On top of that, it would be great to be able to edit what is shown in the toolbar, also like in AI and PS.
    For example, I never use the paint tools so I could hide them, but would like the Convert Vertex tool to be always displayed without having to click and hold on the pen icon.
    Having the ability to create new toolbars with a custom selection of tools would be handy…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simple Workspace

I think it would be very cool if you could have a option when you are installing After Effects to have ether a Simple or Classic workspace. This feature could be implemented to other CC apps.

The Simple workspace would be made simpler. This would mean having rounded edges like how Apple made Grage Band , less things on workspace making it more simpler, and having cool new inlarged pannels. An example would be like the Character Animator Control Pannel, as it has sliders and triggers. I really like this design and I hope it would be implemented.

The Classic…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow "snapping" of layers to certain time codes

When I trim down a layer, I should be able to have the "snapping" option, to ensure it is inline with the other layers. Similar to Premiere Pro, where you get that red line when something is perfectly aligned with something else

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please fix issue with views on new project. I cannot fix the application layout to fit my laptop screen on initial load.

Please fix issue with views on new project. I cannot fix the application layout to fit my laptop screen on initial load. This is preventing me from having fun with an art project I was hoping to spend time on. Completely frustrating.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save changes to this workspace

Please change order of the "Reset to Saved Layout", "Save Changes to this workspace" and "Save as new workspace"

or

Add an "Are you sure you want to change the workspace? Yes - No"

I click 4 to 5 times a week the wrong button (save changes) and save my workspace with wrong positions and windows.

Very very very frustrating.

Thank you.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add label colour selection to new composition

Allow the setting of label colour when you create a new comp (or precomp), rather than having it just adopt the label colour of the parent.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base