After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possibility of rotation of the guide line for correcting steep footage

some times i need to fix rotate of my footage frame by frame and need to guide by darg line from ruler but it's just vertical and horizontal

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Perspective Corner Pin improvement idea

When corner pinning extremely tight objects, it can get quite confusing with everything having a white outline. Can you change the actual corner pin shape to a disimilar color to ease eyestrain and improve workflow when tweaking?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Duplicated Render Queue Item on User Stopped to Retain Original In / Out Points

I suggest changing the behavior of how the render queue item duplicates on a failed render.

Currently, when you stop a render, and it duplicates the job in the render queue, the starting point is defined as the frame it was quit on which is pretty much never the case when user stopped.

I believe a better behavior would be:

if user stopped = duplicate render job and keep in / out points

BUT

if render fail = continue from last successful frame

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make after effects on ios and andriod

make it available to ios and andriod users and make after effects user friendly.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. History Panel

A history panel that can be docked.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. UI Adjustment Options Across All Apps (Inclusion Of Designers With Disabilities)

Have UI adjustment options across all apps for those who have disabilities, such as vision impairment. It is sad that a company that is customer oriented like Adobe would still not have this as an option. Please vote for this feature to help designers who have a vision impairment disability.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 10bit monitor display

Why is After Effects not supporting 10bit display through a Quadro card. Photoshop does, Premiere does. The only way I found to make this work is through the Decklink Mini Monitor 4k card but that has it's own issues.
    Please support 10bit displays in After Effects :/

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Duplicate a layer and its source with a single click

Duplicate a layer and its source with a single click. i wish their was an option - just right klick on a layer. and then choose "Duplicate layer and is source" - and then you get a new layer in the timeline and a new source in the project.(

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change Labelgroup Selection from Text to "Color" or "Text and Color"

It would be great to have a selection based on colors or colors and text, but only text lets me always search specific colors. i guess it would be much easier for many people to see the colors directly. I work a lot in big comps with a lot layers and comps, so i have to select a lot. Thanks for listening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. (Auto-)save Rotoscoping progress

Could you please also give us the option to autosave (freeze) roto-brush work?

Just lost another 2 hours of rotoscoping because autosave (and as a matter of fact saving the project manually) will only save the project but not the roto brush data. Is there actually any reason to decouple the roto brush data from the rest? If you don't freeze it you'll lose it with pretty much any operation. Even moving footage inside a sequence forward by 1 frame and then hit undo will destroy all roto data if not frozen.

Just what is the reasoning behind this?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug Report: Toggling back to Application fails OSX10.13.6 /AE2019 16.0

Bug Report: Toggling back to Application fails OSX10.13.6 /AE2019 16.0.

apple Tab often fails to make application live again.
    wa gwaan?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information before we can investigate this problem. In simple tests on macOS 10.13.6, I do not reproduce the issue as described.

Can you give us more detail about when and how the problem occurs? A screen recording of the problem may be helpful. The larger picture is that we need to know what state After Effects is in when you encounter this problem.

12. Seperate dropdown menu for 3rd party scripts

This may seem stupid, but I have quite a few 3rd party scripts now, too many to have open and docked at the same time.

Because they are listed underneath everything else in the 'Window' dropdown, it's slow and annoying having to scroll down. I think it would be cool to have a seperate dropdown near the top, much like extensions has. An added bonus would be to limit it to around 14 per row, so it stacks sideways. See attached mockup..

Basically I am too lazy to scroll.

Thanks

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please make scroll to zoom (especially in the Comp window) dependent on a modifier key.

If holding a modifier key to zoom in the Comp window were an option, using the Apple Magic Mouse in After Effects would not be such a maddening experience. Also, you could use the same modifier key+mouse scrolling to zoom in and out in the Timeline window. Maybe holding Z while scrolling? Since Z switches to the zoom tool, that would make more sense than having it just default to zooming in and out of the comp window. I want to keep the scrolling feature of the mouse for menus, so disabling scrolling in the mouse preferences is not an…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Composition window freeze

AE 2019 v16.0 Composition and Footage window viewers freeze and not able to view live preview.

Timeline caches and runs fine and I can hear audio, but the viewer is frozen and doesn't update. I've tried troubleshooting various things such as purging memory, closing and reopening project, uninstall/reinstall the program.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Expression Editing Window

I just really want a separate Expression panel, like the effects panel, where I can write expressions, and see what I'm writing without having to resize the text box on the timeline every time.

Don't really care about coloured text or any of that other functionality. Just a simple text box.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Visual project overview - Replace flowchart panel with larger version of the mini-flowchart

Explanation of how this works: https://vimeo.com/137325297

Should be as simple as introducing the ability to set default settings for the flowchart panel

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Generating layers that fit in duration with a selected layer

If I am creating stacks of shape/solid/or adjustment layers on top of each other - it would be great to be able to select the first layer (the foundation) and then when I click - create new shape layer - the new shape layer stacks perfectly on top of the original foundation layer - the current workflow requires - that I create a new shape layer that is then the duration of the entire composition - and then I have to trim it to fit the foundation layer - also - one thing I find very strange - is when…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Waveform Time Overlay

"Toggle Timeline Waveform Overlay" button next to the Graph Editor button on the timeline bar. I've attached a mockup, but out would basically overlay a compositions audio into the Time Ruler bar for key framing without having a moving layer (this sucks). See attached.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug: Drop Down menu for a plugin does not work

I could not open the dropdown to select the text separation with Text Exploder 2.0.002 from Mamoworld. I tried it with different AE projects and only restarting AE helped to make it work again. Please see attached screen capture.

Thanks, Rene

Configuration: MacOS 10.13.6 | AE CC 2018 (15.1.2)

Dual Screen setup. EIZO CS2420 connected to a MacBook Pro 2018 15-Inch via USB-C hub and HDMI cable

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the problem about the windows disappearing from screen

If I connect with my laptop to an external screen and start working in after effects I cannot detach the screen without all my windows are moving to nirvana and there is absolutely no chance to get them back and rearrange them since all required controls are somewhere out of my screen. To fix this I have to kill all my personal menu settings. That bug exists since 2008!!! So please!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base