After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AE Effects & Presets search bug

Every time i type anything that starts with the letter "e" into the search bar of the effects & presets tab, it glitches out the whole tab and i can't search for or add any effects. I have to completely close and reopen AE to make it functional again. Please fix this as it's annoying to have to restart AE every time I try to search for an effect that starts with the letter E

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hitting Escape ('Esc') key automatically invokes the selection key and saves previous inputs

One of the most FRUSTRATING things going from Illustrator to AE is that when you input some text and hit the Escape key, your work disappears.

This functionality should mirror all other Adobe products. When you hit the Escape ('Esc') key, it should not cancel the recently input work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bezier Paths: change handle size on mouse over (like puppet pins do in 15.1)

When there are a lot of paths/shapes on a layer, with vertices very close to each other, it's always difficult to select one precise point/handle.

Having a visual feedback BEFORE the click to select the points (and tangents handles) would help a lot their selection.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow the preview thumbnail to be multisizes

A preview thumbnail that has the ability to be sized as big or small as you want.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show keyframe velocity in Timeline

Everythink that can allow me to not go in the graph editor is a must have. I use a lot the duik script to tweak the velocity without going inside the graph editor.

This small feature was suggested by sandervandijk.

http://www.sandervandijk.tv/after-effects-features/keyframes#velocity-in-timeline

One of the most used features is the "Keyframe Velocity" window. It shows the amount of easing that comes in—and goes out of a Keyframe. This is valuable information to know but right now it's hidden in the "Keyframe Velocity" window.

It'd make a huge difference to get better access to this information—especially directly in the Timeline ( right…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AE Update - Add editable graph editor curve inside all layer properties

In a given project I probably go back to the graph editor 10-20 times to perfect curves until they look perfect to me. The downfall to this is the fact that I have to click and open up the main graph each time to tweak. This idea came to me when I realized that PR has a small graph editor inside the layer itself to avoid opening up another window. It would be a game changer to have a small editable curve inside all layers. Ive attached a quick mock to share a little bit more of my thinking.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sync markers between After Effects and Premiere Pro

Sync markers between After Effects and Premiere Pro

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SHY by tags

It would be super useful if SHY option could be customizable by tags
    so you could easily hide and unhide different groups of layers in one comp.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Import remembers last import folder per project

I switch between projects frequently and each time I open a different file the import defaults to the last folder I was in. It would be great if it could remember the last folder per project/aep file and save a lot of time

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let autobackup save in both places at the same time.

RIght now we can either select autobackup to save files in the projects directory or in a specified different directory, possibly on a different drive.
    Can we have an option that would save the backup files in both of these places at the same time? A separate autobackup directory is messy, since all projects' backups will be in one dir - that is why project dir autobackup is better, cleaner. Buuuuut a separate autobackup dir is safer as we can put it on a separate drive. It would be nice to have both of these options on, to have a…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change multiple compositions settings

Allow us to invoke the Composition Settings dialogue when multiple comps are selected in the Project Panel, and apply changes to all of them at once.

Parameters that have different values are denoted with a dash. For e.g. if you have selected 2 comps, 1 with Frame Rate set to 25, and one set to 30, the value shown is -

That value is still editable and the resulting change will set both comps to the new value.

If the value is left untouched, both comps will retain their individual settings.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I have a probleme with composition panel

I installed after effects cc 2019 trial version a day ago, it worked fine. But today, I launched it and open an existing project but nothing appear in composition panel. How can I fix this ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it possible for some layers to always be visible even when soloing layers

Often times when working on VFX, you're using LUTs or letterbox overlays, or other guide layers which help you work. You're also frequently soloing different combinations of layers.

It's very inconvenient, for example, to solo one layer in your composition only to have your LUT turn off, and have to scroll though this 100-layer composition, to find it and solo it. And then of course when you want to turn soloing off, you have to do the same thing in reverse.

What would be wonderful, is if there was a way of making certain layers exempt from soloing. I can…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Timeline keyboard shortcuts from Premiere and FCP7

I'm looking for a function in the Keyboard graphic for-

FIT SEQUENCE INTO TIMELINE - Shift Z
    ADD MARKER - M
    NEXT MARKER - Shift M
    PREVIOUS MARKER - Option M

MARK REGION - Command-Option M immediately after adding a new Marker, positioned at the Playhead further along Timeline. Marker splits to Playhead and defines region interest. Unlike Work Area, these are not volatile; these regions can be stored with the master.

And unless I'm completely missing this...

J-K-L keys for playback control!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sort by numbers in Project pane

When image sequences and stills are imported they should be sorted by name and number. Furthermore if images and image sequences are named with numbers first, the sorting is not logical. See attached screenshot showing the issue.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Possibility of rotation of the guide line for correcting steep footage

some times i need to fix rotate of my footage frame by frame and need to guide by darg line from ruler but it's just vertical and horizontal

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Perspective Corner Pin improvement idea

When corner pinning extremely tight objects, it can get quite confusing with everything having a white outline. Can you change the actual corner pin shape to a disimilar color to ease eyestrain and improve workflow when tweaking?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Duplicated Render Queue Item on User Stopped to Retain Original In / Out Points

I suggest changing the behavior of how the render queue item duplicates on a failed render.

Currently, when you stop a render, and it duplicates the job in the render queue, the starting point is defined as the frame it was quit on which is pretty much never the case when user stopped.

I believe a better behavior would be:

if user stopped = duplicate render job and keep in / out points

BUT

if render fail = continue from last successful frame

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make after effects on ios and andriod

make it available to ios and andriod users and make after effects user friendly.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. History Panel

A history panel that can be docked.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base