After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG(or feature) Scripting with wiggle.

First example:
    I have the wiggle expresion on the sliders.
    Adding the value on the scale property gives 2 different wiggle values.

Is this an expected outcome, the wiggle is called for each property even if I have only one slider scripted (therefore what is the purpose of the slider if this is the case)?
    My opinion is that intuitively it should add one value to both x an y.

Second example(without photo):
    Threshold effect has the slider from 0 to 255 (as integer value or at the first look you may think so). The same as before intuitively you…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow overscroll in the timeline panel

Currently the timeline panel stops vertically scrolling when the lowest layer reaches the bottom of the panel.

I'd like to suggest adding an option / preference to allow 'overscroll' in the timeline panel so that the lowest layer can be viewed above the bottom of the panel.

The primary reason for the request is that it gets a bit fiddly working on the lowest layers, and having the extra working space would make it more comfortable to interact with them.

In practice this could be very similar to the 'overscroll' option in Photoshop preferences (Preferences > Tools > Overscroll).

A…

84 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BATCH EXPORT for Essential Graphics/MoGrts with a checkbox-list or something similar

I am working on converting thousands of MoGrts/Essential Graphics -Templates for a big TV-Station to CC20 and it is a pain in the but to export every Essential Graphic-Template with 3-4 clicks and a lot of waiting time for saving the project for every single template. It should be easy to add a checkbox-list were you can choose if you like to export all or some of the templates and than start a kind of batch export that export all checked items... At the moment the export is really trash... you even need to save the project every single time!!!!…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live VR viewer in Ae

Premiere Pro has a version of this already–although it's quite juvenile and could use some help. After Effects, however, doesn't have one. I'd love to have a live VR viewer in After Effects with a little more upgrades than the current Premiere option, especially dimension control (so the window isn't just a square). Many base level 360 editing software includes a variety of viewing options such as Tiny Planet, Crystal Ball, Natural View, and Flat. This simple window would save me so much time and make the world of a difference for 360 footage integration. (screenshot is from Insta360 Studio…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Can't scroll down in UI panels when list extends beyond screen space

When selecting a parent from a list (not using the pick whip) it does not let you scroll down to select parents beyond available screen space. This also happens in the effect panel when selected a layer from a list. Some lists allow you to scroll down like when selecting extensions in the window panel some do not.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. un-rename footage

I have accidentally renamed the footage in Project panel. And I have a usability problem now, after replacing footage with Ctrl+H it still have renamed name.
    I can't find the way to un-rename it back, to take footage entry name from filename. Please add this feature.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After Effects is still using very old UI font for Chinese

The Chinese font for After Effects is still using SimSun which was used by Windows XP and earlier system

Such old fonts are out of place in a modern user interface

Microsoft has been using a new smooth font called "Microsoft YaHei UI" for Simplified Chinese since Windows Vista

Audition has changed the font to Microsoft YaHei since CC 2019

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shape layer properties / reveal shortcuts

More shortcuts for shape layers in general, but specifically, an easy way collapse or reveal one or all groups to different levels 'reveal/collapse to show all groups but not properties' collapse all properties, but show fill/stroke, 'reveal/collapse all subgroups/paths', etc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better relink of missing footages

We need a better interface when relinking missing footages in the "Replace footage file" popup window.

At least something like in InDesign where the missing file would be automatically highlighted in the currently displayed folder.

This would be very easy to develop (I guess) and way more pleasant and efficient, instead of manually searching the matching filename in the folder, which is a plain waste of time.
    My workaround : copy missing filename from Project tab, paste it in the "Replace file" popup window when in the right folder, press Enter (file is then replaced), repeat for next file until…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add 'Compositing Options' to main Effect Controls palette

The Compositing Options for every effect is a really great addition, but why is it still buried in the timeline? It should be in the effects controls palette, at the very least hidden under a dropdown box or button to reveal. Or have a whoIe new palette to access this. I understand this will make the effects controls palette a little more cluttered, but I think its worth it for this functionality. thanks

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 3D Gizmo

L'utilisation des touches de raccourcis 4,5 et 6, comme spécifié dans les préférences 3D ne fonctionne pas avec un clavier AZERTY. Je trouve le widget Universal pas si pratique et j'utiliserai plutôt les widgets Position, Echelle, Rotation.

Les raccourcis 1, 2 et 3 ne fonctionnent pas non plus pour la navigation entre les outils caméra mais c'est moins gênant puisque l'on à les 3 boutons de souris avec Alt enfoncé ou appuyer plusieurs fois sur C.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase Font Size on UI

The font size after long hours on AE is too small. After spending long days on the program, having bigger font would help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix keyboard shortcuts access to right-click menu items

I'd like to assign keyboard shortcuts to right-click menu items I use frequently.

For example, Right-click: "Reveal -> Reveal Layer Source In Project".

I can currently assign a keyboard shortcut via the Keyboard Shortcut editor, however setting the shortcut for that particular action does not work. I see the key assigned next to the menu item but pressing the corresponding key does nothing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. zoom shortcut broken

After Effects 17.5.1 (MacOS Catalina) still have Alt-scroll (zoom) functionality broken. I saw a post where Adobe Admin told that this issue was solved in 17.5.1 update, but it is not.
    If I have a comp without a Camera layer, with my SelectionTool selected I can press Alt and scroll to zoom in/out. But if I have Camera layer (locked or unlocked), Alt key switches to camera tool and when I scroll I'm changing the depth.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

After reviewing this report and discussing how the mouse wheel is used in 3D comps and the intent of the new behaviors with the camera tools in After Effects 17.5, we’ve decided to make a small change.

In Preferences > 3D, the Mouse Scroll Wheel Behavior option will now default to Magnify Composition, instead of Dolly Camera.

Given all of the factors, we concluded this is the best option to balance typical workflows and the new camera tools. And if you preferred the Dolly Camera option, this is an easy change to make.

This change will be in the next update for After Effects Beta (version 17.6, build 42 or later). Please test it when available and let us know if this feels like the right change.

15. Update the way AE handles alphabetizing in the Project Window

Currently there is an unexpected behavior with how AE alphabetizes items in the project window. The addition of a character after numbers changes the order in a way that makes organization and renaming a challenge and sometimes a complete pain.
    Example:
    04-
    Above the dash will bring the 04- to the top. I'm told this is because numbers at the end are counted as numerals, but as soon as you add a non-number character after a number that number because a regular character. This seems to mean context plays a part in a character's value.

I would like…

82 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Addition or substraction in time indicator

It would be nice to be able to add or susbtract values in the time indicator field to move in the timeline by maths.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SIMPLE, EASY = Folder locations always open at current project's folder

When choosing a folder to Render or Save into, simply open the folder of where the current project has been opened from. That's it. Not the previous project's save location, or previous render location, but always starting from where the current folder has been opened from and let the user decide from there. This simple change would save so many headaches and be greatly appreciated.

When working on a tv series many project files have been accidentally saved in incorrect locations because AE currently uses the last render or save location, which is often different from the current project.

A…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: Moving between screens with different scaling

When click-dragging a property's numerical value (e.g. position or scale), if the mouse cursor crosses onto a screen with a different scaling setting in Windows Display Setttings to the one with AE in it, the value jumps. The bigger the difference in scaling, the bigger the jump.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I do not like updates on camera navigation and big axis points on the latest AE version

The camera navigation has changed. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO RELEARN what Ive been doing for ages. And The axis points are now huge dots as if its made for blind people and now I have to rotate the camera to get to the layer I want behind the huge axis points. WTF?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recovery

My after effects just crashed and lost all of my stuff that I spent 3HOURS working on so I will no longer be using adobe if y'all can't recover my stuff 👍🏾

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base