After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Revert the icons to the multi-colored versions!

This is an Adobe CC wide issue but AE is where I notice it the most.

Please revert the icons to the multi-colored versions! It makes no sense to make them the same color when the "themes" break down beyond video and photo use. I used the colors to quickly locate the software I needed to open, now I have a taskbar full of purple and have to squint to tell which letters I am clicking on.

It seems like a very poor design choice that was likely made by the boardroom, not the creative team, and I beg you…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. No more ugly splash screens please.

Whe we launch After Effects, it could be great if the splash screen would be:

• Beautiful

• Inspiring

• In relation with After Effects, somehow.

We're not just users, we're also artists, and our environment is very important to our creativity, we're always looking for new stuff, for inspiration.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After Effects 17.5 Separate 3D Gizmo and the Bounding Box in the 'Handles' option for 'View Options'

We often use Cyclops in order to create behind the scenes breakdowns of our shots. However with the new 3D Gizmo, it's not possible to show bounding boxes of different layers without also having a giant brightly colored 3D Gizmo on every layer as well.

Behind the Scenes footage is a backbone of our studio workflow, so it's a bummer that we won't be able to update and utilize the 3D tools while this is a thing.

At the very least maybe have options for Gizmo size/opacity, something to make it less in your face.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Slow... Laggy... After... Effects... Workflow

I'm going to type my complaint in the same format that Adobe after effects allows me to work:

I

Can't

Get

Anything

Done

Without

The

Application

Freezing

Or

Hanging

Every

Or

So

Minutes.

This

is

the

same

machine

that

spat

out

simultaneous

renders

from

After

Effects

DaVinci Resolve, Blender and Unreal Engine, last month (these products get their own line because I don't have to wait for them nearly as much as I do for After effects now.
    After Effects started doing this thing today where I can't use the machine or any other apps (including web…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Public BETA Mask and Shape Cursor Indicators: Please add a keyboard shortcut to switch between “Tool creates Shapes/Masks”

It would be great if users could change the behavior to create shapes or masks with the pen or shape tools selected on the fly with a keyboard shortcut instead of moving the cursor up to the tool bar. Maybe with the ALT/OPT key as a modifier. Thank you!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search/filter in Effect Controls

Please add a search/filter bar to the Effect Controls panel to make finding parameters quicker and easier. Twirling down endless nested categories many plugins have is tiresome, slow and unnecessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DE: Tweak german category names for BlurAndSharpen so that effects appear in one category

In the German UI, effects for “Blur and Sharpen” appear in two distinct categories, „Weich- und Scharfzeichnen“ and „Weich- & Scharfzeichnen“, the former containing the “CC”-prefixed effects (Premiere Pro), the latter all the others (Media Core).
    This is neither helpful, nor is it probably intended.

Fortunately, there's a simple fix:
    The After Effects Dictionary for the German language (Support Files/Dictionaries/de_DE/after_effects_de_DE.dat) needs to be updated so that the values for “$$$/MediaCore/FiltersAndEffects/Category/BlurAndSharpen” and “$$$/PremierePro/AEEffect/Category/BlurAndSharpen” are aligned.

Best regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When Double Clicking on Mask/Shape layers in the toolbar, hold a modifier key to constrain to a 1:1 ratio

When double-clicking on a rectangle or oval Path Creator icon in the toolbar, it creates a centered shape to fit the bounds of the composition. I would love the ability to hold a modifier key to create a 1x1 shape that fits the bounds, i.e. a centered square or circle. There's almost no easy way to do this otherwise.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug report: MoGRTs and Libraries

When you click "Export Motion Graphics Template..." in the AE Essential Graphics panel, the "Libraries" panel opens in your workspace, re-arranging all your panels. This is very annoying for anyone who doesn't use Libraries and breaks workspaces every.single.time.you.export.a.mogrt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. autosave/save in background

Waiting for up to two minutes and having After Effects locked while saving is quite frustrating. Illustrator, Premiere and Photoshop all enable a user to save while working. I'd really appreciate this being added to AE.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DE: Wrong UI translation for “tab”

In the After Effects UI, the German tool tip string for the Mini Flow Chart reads as „Kompositions-Mini-Flussdiagramm (Registerkarte)“.

The German noun „Registerkarte“ is the right translation for the English term “tab” when it means a tab of a folder or a row of tabs in the UI, not when referring to the tab key. In the latter case the correct translation is „Tabulator“.

The value of $$$/AE/Timeline/Tooltip/OpenMiniFlowchart in Support Files/Dictionaries/de_DE/after_effects_de_DE.dat needs to be changed accordingly.

Best regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Interface is extremely laggy and slow.. It's affecting my workflow and career. Please fix this issue already.

Dear AE team just please put all your attention and effort into fixing this dumb bug and making your clients happy. not asking you to invent fire, it's not rocket science, just make it work better like in previous versions.
    I see I'm not the only one suffering from this problem, it's among customers with high resolution screens. narrowed it down for you. Really frustrated with you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Queue in AME needs to know you've queued to AME!

Ok, so here's the thing. I have occasion to produce differing versions of graphics on a weekly basis for a regular client. These are all produced in in AE and need outputting as MP4, so my workflow is to make the changes, select the 3 comps that need rendering, add to the render queue then hit Queue in AME. So far, so good. EXCEPT that if I haven't already loaded up AME there's no real signal that you actually DID queue them until AME loads up (you know, 40 years later). More than once, I have to think "did I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SIMPLE, EASY = Folder locations always open at current project's folder

When choosing a folder to Render or Save into, simply open the folder of where the current project has been opened from. That's it. Not the previous project's save location, or previous render location, but always starting from where the current folder has been opened from and let the user decide from there. This simple change would save so many headaches and be greatly appreciated.

When working on a tv series many project files have been accidentally saved in incorrect locations because AE currently uses the last render or save location, which is often different from the current project.

A…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Moving between screens with different scaling

When click-dragging a property's numerical value (e.g. position or scale), if the mouse cursor crosses onto a screen with a different scaling setting in Windows Display Setttings to the one with AE in it, the value jumps. The bigger the difference in scaling, the bigger the jump.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Changeable UI font size

To be able to change the UI font size.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. accessibility features

I would like to see a more Accessibility friendly user interface in all of the Adobe apps. As a recent member to the visually impaired community, I now struggle with the Adobe applications that I have been using for over 2 decades. There needs to be a high contrast mode or modes to the UI. ie, white on black. As well, a scalable UI and font sizes would be great.

Finally, making sure that ALL text elements in the UI, menus, tools etc. can be read by a text to speech engine would go a long way.

thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In After Effects 17.7 the mercury transmit does not work ....in Premiere 14.9 instead it works.

In After Effects 17.7 the mercury transmit does not work ....in Premiere 14.9 instead it works.
    I have MacBook Pro (16 pollici, 2019)
    2,3 GHz Intel Core i9 8 core
    16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Right click : Solid Settings...

Add "Solid Settings..." in the context menu when we right click on a solid.

I know, it's a huge new feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base