After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reverse guide layer

Can we have a function that would work opposite to Guide Layer?
    What I mean, I'd like to mark a layer to render ONLY during final render, NOT while I'm working inside AE.
    I constantly forget to enable Add Grain before the final render, especially when in the heat of the batlle when we're pushing out 10 revisions of the same shot while the client is already waiting. I disable the adjustment layer with Add Grain to work faster in AE and then I forget to enable it back again when I hit render. It's especially difficult if you have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Save Location after project import

After importing a project to your current one, after effects overrides the location where the project was saved, with the imported one.

THIS IS SO ANNOYING AND DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!

No matter what they had in mind when programming this – NO, THIS IS JUST WRONG AND MAKES NO SENSE IN ANY CASE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Replace fonts in project

Hi, replacing fonts in a whole Premiere Pro project is brillant. Would be cool if it could be transposed to After Effects. Sometimes, I have used a font for a big project and the client want an other one...for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Better integration with figma.

Figma is stealing the vector spotlight. Thank god something is but until something makes after effects irrelevant too can we get some interoperability?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Basic Audio Editor with Beat Timer (+VST Support if possible)

Hello,

It would make life a lot easier if there was some way that Basic Audio Editing could be brought up to a more modern standard in After Effects. At the moment, the user has to go through lots of drop-down menus to see a basic waveform. It is difficult if I want to add single sounds in Audio or use any effects to create my own sounds.

It dosen't have to be super advanced but at least something more usable and not just something that freezes up the whole system when you add a delay to an Audio Track.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. About develop After Effects (New World Scripting, UXP)

When will After Effects' ExtendScript New World Scripting be enabled?
    When will UXP be available for development in After Effects?
    If UXP is implemented, will ExtendScript remain as it is now?
    I'm also wondering if the New World Scripting project will continue as is, or if it will be discontinued when UXP arrives, as well as the survival of ExtendScript itself.

Scripting Changes in Adobe’s Video Applications
    https://medium.com/adobetech/scripting-changes-in-adobes-video-applications-1bee1fc0fe47

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Script access to retrieve the layer item that is connected to an "ADBE Layer Source Alternate" property

When media have been added to essential graphics, there doesn't seem to be any way to retrieve that layer that is being affected by that media replacement property

Would be great to have access to this!

Thanks,
    Steve

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hover over keyframe to also show ease velocity influence percent info

When you hover over a keyframe the popup shows frame number location and amount. Add the velocity influence % in/out please. Also, add this to the Info panel, along with the amount. Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Take Snapshot to Clipboard

Add Take Snapshot to Clipboard so that the current appearance of the Composition can be pasted to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, Slack, TextEdit, or any other application that allows one to paste a graphic from the Clipboard.

This could be implemented with a modifier key like command + click Take Snapshot on Mac and control + click Take Snapshot on Windows.

While it's easy enough to use Command +3 or Command + 4 on Mac, having Take Snapshot to Clipboard would allow for getting just the visible area of the Composition more quickly, speeding up one's workflow.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AE Adjustment Layer Issue

When applying an FxFactory Filter using an adjustment layer, if the layer below the adjustment layer has a mask, effect or filter, AE no longer feeds layer data. Please watch the uploaded video for details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scripting Bug - Duplicating layers with layer controls

I'm using a script I sell to make a grid of layers. For some reason, if there's an expression on the layer that I'm duplicating that points to a layer control on the layer or on another layer, it locks up After Effects completely. I can replicate the issue at will.

I assume it's because After Effects doesn't know how to reference the expression as it copies? If I disable the expression, it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Overwrite / yes to all

In a design process, it can come in handy to overwrite a lot of renders over and over. As a service, AE adds _1 when a filename already exists.
    I would like to have an option to just overwrite All, without having to go to the Folder and removing old versions, or remove _1 from each new Output filename.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Batch Rendering/Processing for Mogrts

First of all, THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO UPDATE MOGRTS!! One thing I think would help a TON is batch processing Mogrts- there are always times where I need to export multiple because of an overall change to a series of mogrts and it's a pain to have to export them one at a time. Also having the option to export as the Comp name would be GREAT! THANK YOU AFTER EFFECTS TEAM!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Independent superscript control in essential graphics

Please allow independent superscript control in essential graphics when font features are not available for template user (i.e. font, font size, etc., are preset). I've created templates for my team at work and often have to use the ® symbol with product names. Being able to select it in the text field in Premiere and superscript it would be a big help, and would streamline both the template design and the end user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Put pre-comps into a "Pre-comps" folder automatically, just like solids

This could be a checkbox in the Pre-compose creation dialogue box. When enabled, precomps are automatically stored in a "Pre-comps" folder at the root level of the project. This would keep large projects so much tidier as we work. I always have to go clean up my dozens of pre-comps that are scattered all over in my primary folders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Import Photoshop File by Groups

Right now After Effects can only import Photoshop files by entire document or layers. There should be a way to import specific Photoshop groups as a third option. I would find this very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Easily scroll (cycle) through Luts in lumetri color

We need the ability to scroll, with a shortcut or mouse wheel, through LUTs in lumetri color with having to browse new LUT every time.
    just like you can scroll through blending modes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug: Replaced footage in Project panel doesn't update the name of the footage.

When you replace old footage with new footage - say a new version of a render - the footage updates but the name of the footage does not. It becomes confusing and requires constantly double-checking the path to make sure it's actually reading the correct footage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Time counter to count the time I have spent on a project

I think this feature is useful in many levels; in business it will give insight on each project and the time it took while working, thus estimated deadline, and individuals such as freelancers will be able to determine the time each project requires so they can price their hour cost.

The timer will pause while the project is open but there are no changes.
    This feature is not only for After Effects it may be implemented in most of adobe products including Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base