After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A keyboard shortcut to add a keyframe to which ever property you have selected.

If I have any property selected in the timeline I would love the ability to use a keyboard shortcut to add a keyframe, I realise you can do this on a small few of the properties, Scale, Position, etc... BUT it would be great to have the ability to do this on which ever property you have selected. If you can already do this, my apologies, but I don't think you can. Please generous Adobe staff can you work your magic. :-)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this feature request.

To create a keyframe for selected properties, you can choose the Animation > Add Keyframe command. (The name of this command will change if you only have one property selected, ex. Add Opacity Keyframe.)

This command does not have a keyboard shortcut defined by default. However, you can assign a keyboard shortcut for it: choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. More information about assigning keyboard shortcuts can be found here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/keyboard-shortcuts-reference.html#VisualKeyboardShortcutEditor

Given this information, do you still have a request for us? That is, do you want a shortcut defined by default? If so, which shortcut? (One that is already not in use by After Effects.)

2. why remove quicktime 7 suppert?

It's just unbelievable how many problems it does. I have hundreds of film projects of different effects that need to be converted. simple Wav files also need to be converted to them. Please bring them back!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Master Property Undo and Copy Expression Bug

If you replace a comp that has a master property with an expression or keys on it, it gets cleared out. That makes sense. But if you undo, expressions and keys on a mastery property don't return.

Also, the UI lets you "Copy Expression Only" for Master Properties but you can't paste onto duplicates, even of the same precomp with the exact same Master Properties.

Aside from a few minor issues, I love the world Master Properties opens up for us.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Double clicking Library colours to use them in comps (colours of text, solids, fill, etc)

Full Library functionality like in Illustrator or Photoshop. Make the colours in the Library useful. For example: selecting the colour of a text in your comp by clicking/selecting/dragging a colour from your Library.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opacity not working in Master Properties

I have a pre-comp that has 2 layers in it. One graphic, the other text. I use OPACITY from both layers as a means to control in the MAIN layer as a Master Property. However, when I attempt to change the OPACITY from the MASTER PROPERTY it does not work, respectively

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Link After Effects files into After Effects

Kind of AE Dynamic Link, instead of import AE files, be able to link it. It would be a tremendous feature for small team projects.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CINEWARE & VFX

After Effects needs to improve the compatibility with Cinema 4D, adding into CINEWARE tool more features and faster performance for VFX workflows.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please can you bring back the Filmstrip export / import function in After Effects (and Premiere and Photoshop)

Hi,

Please can you bring back the Filmstrip export function which I think was dropped from After Effects after CS4 and I think from Premiere after CS3.

(Or alternatively, please can you make the CS3 and CS4 versions of Adobe CS software available through Creative Cloud subscription so the Filmstrip feature is readily available to use again.)

I realise that it's possible to draw on top of video frame by frame in the Photoshop CC2018 Timeline - and that's great, it's a very useful feature.

However I was trying to create a distressed effect across a video where precision as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have sequence markers added in AE to link to Premiere Pro when linked

I've been using overlays created in AE (Intros, outros etc) that have a fade to white/black with a bunch of other things happening, I would like it if I could set a marker for when the overlay was %100 white/black that would be visible in Premiere Pro, so when I have the file overlayed, I can see exactly at what point the video underneath will no longer be visible.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Native animated GIF support

Still have to go through Photoshop/ Save for web (Legacy)?!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. IMPROVE CINEWARE FOR VFX

After Effects needs to improve its CINEWARE for going to be better and better en el flujo de trabajo VFX con Cinema 4D, being more compatible with this Maxon product (ProRender, hair tools, performance and more).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blending Mode Transfer to Premiere over Dynamic Link

Would love for blending modes set on layers to transfer over dynamic link.

If I have a need to use an overlay for specific layers I have to bring in and export or footage clips and then send it back to premiere.

Video sequences are built in premiere, and After Effects would be an overlay.

Currently it just comes over blank, it's looking for layers below to add these blending modes to, but stops at within the composition.

This would help Dynamic links become "more Dynamic"

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premiere Audio Amplifying

Within Premiere one has the ability to amplify audio, normalize audio, normalize peaks and to set the audio volume. After Effects - sadly - has no comparable features. It would help out a lot though. Especially in times of video producing bots like Templater or CompsFromSpreadsheet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please include prores 444 xq export into after effects and premiere

Since the introduction of prores 444 xq i was unable to use the codec to export from After effects or premiere. WHY?????

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. After Effects 15.1 update. Text clipped on top from older projects.

In the newest version of After Effects all of my old projects have most the tops of the text-bounding boxes for text I have clipped at the top, I can always hack a fix with line-height and adjusting position, but with projects that have a lot of animated text thin isn't really a viable solution.

This happens on mine as well as a co-worker's computer on various older projects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sequence as Footage

When using AE for compositing 3D renders, it's PAINFULL to import sequences one at a time. I would love a checkbox on the import dialog box that labeled "View sequence as clip". This would be great in Premiere too, but that's for another day. That one function would save me a ton of time and I wouldn't need a third party script for it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The ability to import multiple img seqs

When compositing, you want to be able to batch import img sequences. You currently have to use a third party script.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AE Expressions as separate script files - enabling version control (git)

When using AE Expressions, make it possible for After Effects to save these scripts as separate files (outside the AE project). That way, when cooperating with others on projects involving scripting, you could enable version control of the scripts - i.e. use git.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base