After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Synch Settings to Teammembers

It would be very nice if you could distribute settings, render presets and so on in the team via sync settings.

One user is the master and everyone else can synchronize the settings from him.

That would be very helpful in large organizations and teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. auto translate expressions

When opening an AE file, check if expressions are written in the language than the aftereffects version. If not, ask the user for an auto-translation.
    It would be a great improvement for team-working when you are not aware of everyone language presets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Keep Text Attributes when copying text from other applications

Working with kinetic typography, I get files with text set in InDesign or Illustrator. The designers spend a lot of time setting the kerning, tracking, leading and all text attributes so that the text looks great.
    When copying this into After Effects all attributes are missing and the text needs to be set up AGAIN. You could outline all the text, but then it would be a nightmare to animate and process corrections. Please help users save time and avoid work duplication. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BUG: unable to import PSDs with video layers

I'm importing PSDs with rotoscoped and affected video layers into After Effects. If one of the video layers in the PSD comes from a video file (in photoshop: Layers>Video Layers>New Video Layer From File.../or file>open and open a video file) and I try to import that PSD into After Effects I get any number of errors. See screenshots. If I remove the MP4/MOV layer in Photoshop and try to import then the error/bug doesn't happen.

Even if I save the PSD with video layer hidden I still get the errors.

I was able to reproduce these errors both on the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BUG: Expression "Drop-Down" menu the word "Menü" changes to "Men," in german version when saved on a PC and opened on a Mac

I worked on the german version of After Effects CC20 on a PC, when i saved the project and opened it in the german Version on the Mac in the "Drop-Down"-Menu the word "Menü" has changed to "Men," which brakes the Expressions, so there seems to be a problem with the german letter "ü" when saved on PC and opened on a Mac. Manual FIX: I could fix it by duplicating the "Drop-Down"Menu, the duplicate than automatically inserts the word "Menü" correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Files dragged in from library should retain their names

When I drag I file from one of my libraries into an After Effects project, I would like it to keep the name I have assigned that file. Nearly every file loses its assigned name, and winds up as something like "Artwork 3" when I bring it into After Effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dynamic link imports graphic layer as if native layers.

Dynamic-link imports Premiere Pro/Illustrator/Photoshop/Etc graphics layers as if native layers.
    This means that after effect changes any effect and transitions to keyframes and native effects and styles, instead of making useless layers that make more work to manually delete and add effect in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. exporting a folder

Can we have the possibility to export a folder(containing a composition) from a project to an other project?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Workflow between illustrator and after effects (ai layer to shape layer in AE)

Hi, feature request please. It would be great to improve the link between illustrator and after effects.
    - It's actually impossible to get the path with stroke correctly from an illustator's shape layer : the brush is vectorized and we can't trim path it correctly in after effect.
    - we still can't transform an ai text to a text layer in ae...
    - the gradiant aren't available while creating shape layer from ai file
    - it would be great to have the possibility to create bin in illustrator ( as already existing in photoshop) for conversion in AE (i mean…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. select multiple renders in the queue and change all of the "Output to:" with one click, same as "output module" works

What if the sotware let us select multiple renders in the queue and change all of the "Output to:" with one click? This is how "output module" works, maybe its a good idea to aplly the same function to "Output to:".

I'm having trouble changing one by one when I render my comps again, they create new files with numbers extension. I only wanted to substitute my pre rendered files easier, like before this update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Drag folder from Finder

Dragging a folder from finder on Mac OS always generates an error (VooM)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Better GPU acceletation and third party dybamic link

Balance the CPU and GPU load better, add auto clearing cache and thenoptipn of dynamic link with third party products such as Avid or Davinci

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Pen tool exactly like illustrator

Allow the pen tool to stop the circular bezier motion and switch to linear by clicking on the last point drawn (anchor point) and by pressing the escape key

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow duplicated pre-comp layers to not affect original pre-comp layers

When duplicating pre-comped layers and adjusting the newly duplicated pre-comps attributes it automatically affects the original pre-comp as well, this for my work is irrelevant and a hassle. I would like to see it either removed or have the option to choose whether to have it affect the original layers attributes or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Property to Essential Graphics

You can right-click to add a property to the Essential Graphics panel. Great! But it always pulls up the last comp that was open for some reason—and you might not even remember which comp it was if you haven't opened the panel for quite a while. I can't see a use case where I'd ever want to add a property from one comp to another comp's Master Properties—especially as it throws an error.

Rather than going through all of that error checking and forcing me to first right-click to open the comp in the EG panel, when I use Add…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BUG REPORT 17.5 - Dynamic Link Issues

I’ve posted before about earlier iterations of V17, since it was released. I and others have found there are serious performance issues in the Dynamic Link. Client templates created in Ae several versions ago and used continuously since, often do not appear or update in PPr when they are modified. Often the thumb will display in my account and library correctly in PPr as the modified version, but when it is opened on the PPr timeline, it displays the content of the previous template that had been deleted...
    I updated to Ae v17.5 and PPr 14.5 last week. I had…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. edit tools for editing video

Hey ,

it would be great if we could have some of the basic editing tools of a editing software directly in AE.
    Why?

Because sometimes it's easier to just do the editing in AE and not going back and forth to PP CC.

What we need?
    A Razor tool
    ( I know there is a shortcut, but sometimes its easier to just let the machine play and add the edits on the fly, cmd shift d)
    Insert edit
    Overwrite
    Select all left right
    replace edit
    sync edit
    ripple edit

would be great to have these tools natively.

I hope…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use System Browser for Dynamic Link Import Dialog

The built-in file browser for File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import Premiere Pro Sequence... doesn't show Windows shortcuts or OneDrive folders. We should be able to browse using the system file explorer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Reassignment of "Show Selected Properties" SS

Navigating the timeline is a huge pain. We all know this. The default keyboard shortcuts help, to quickly show/hide properties (P, A, R, T, S, M, U).

"Show Selected Properties" is a useful command. However, it's only accessible via the "SS" keyboard shortcut, and is impossible to re-assign.
    Please add this as a Menu Command (Animation > Show Selected Properties), allow the Keyboard Shortcut for it to be changed, and allow scripting access to execute this command as part of a script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base