After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio Editing Capabilities

We need to have Better Audio Editing capabilities for After Effects, at the moment there is a Reverb and Delay but its hardly worth mentioning. If there is a way that we could use a Workspace within After Effects that has Audio Editing. As I use After Effects for Design and Animation and Sound Design but Struggle to fiddle around Looping Audio and do not want to leave the program. After effects is already a Powerhouse but if for instance we could put VST Synths or even basic SoundDesign Plugins , it would send it into Overdrive and make an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to export compositions as new projects

It would be wonderful to have the option to export a composition in a project as a new project, without having to save as a new copy, reduce, and then collect manually. Perhaps composition-->export as new project, which would handle the collecting and reducing for the selected composition.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expressions for properties that don't have a stopwatch

It would be necessary to make accessible to the expressions the properties which do not have a stopwatch.

for example:
    the Fill & Stroke text layers property.
    What is inconsistent in the interface is that these properties have the icon Property pick whip ! But it doesn't work.
    But on the other hand we can use it in the Essential Graphics panel.

Another thing about the Fill & Stroke property:
    It's a property that has been forgotten in all the list of properties that we can now access by expressions to manage text styles.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. v17.5 Camera with orbit null works differently to v17,4

As I've showed in my desktop recording. The camera with orbit null works strangely in the v17.5 version. In the old version, if I parent the camera to a null, it will orbit oriented to the null. But in the new version, it somehow orbits orienting to somewhere else, even I chose the orient to POI tool. Also the moving is shifting when I zoom in the camera. It feels not right.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dynamic Link After Effects projects within After Effects projects

When transitions between scenes are more complex using Premiere to dynamic link AE comps isn't an option. Being able to dynamic link .aep files within .aep files would allow multiple users to work simultaneously on different precomps while not disturbing or overwriting the master comp.

When we're up against deadlines we need 2-3 animators working at the same time. It would save a lot of time not to collect a comp work on it, bring it back in and replace the old one or simply waiting for one animator to finish their task before another can open the file and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please turn off color management by default.

I recently had a project almost go south because the After Effects turns on rec 709 color management by default on all files I import. There doesn't seem to be any option to disable this either and it was a lucky guess that solved the problem. I didn't notice the color shift, but the post color house did and it almost cost us a job in the end. Generally, it's not great to add random color profiles, especially when people are working on tight deadlines.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG DETECTED on Mac Os Catalina

John Colombo asked me to contact you.
    I'm using MAC OS CATALINA 10.15.7
    The problem I will report on happens only in AE 17.5.1 and 17.6
    previous versions and After Effects BETA have no problem.

Importing .aep files takes forever to complete.

When I try to import a .aep file of just 500kb with several layers through the menu> File> Import.
    or use a script with importFile ()
    The AE hangs for almost 2 minutes before releasing use.

And it shows this on the console:

<123145438416896> <DBSync> <5> BEEThreadedRenderUpdateQueue :: RenderDeserializeFullProject ZANZIBAR-2: old = 8b8d7a52-36d8-4cec-a075-bcab79a9c5a, new = 8b8d7a52-366a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-7a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-7a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9a-9aa…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG: Impossible too add the same "MOGRT/AE-files" twice, with two different CSVs.... will mix up values of both CSV

I made a template for a diagram in AfterEffects and which uses one exchangeable CSV which is available in two versions - one with 2-values (22,23) and one with 10-values (100,99,98,97,96...) - which i display via 10 text-layers. If a value is not given in the CSV the text-layer gets invisible, so it only dispaly how many values are in the CSV.
    Now when i import the MOGRT to Premiere it works fine, with the first CSV with all 10 values displayed (PP displays 10 values with 100,99,98,97...)
    BUT when i import the same MOGRT-template a secound time, into the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Synch Settings to Teammembers

It would be very nice if you could distribute settings, render presets and so on in the team via sync settings.

One user is the master and everyone else can synchronize the settings from him.

That would be very helpful in large organizations and teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Import a "Large canvas size" Illustrator file to After Effects

Hi,

When you import a "Large canvas size" Illustrator file to After Effects the illustrations are 10x smaller. Please fix this with an option like "Honor scale" in After Effects.

Why I want these Large canvas size Illustrator file in the first place? I create 2D explainer animations in Illustrator and animate them later in After Effects. Before the Large canvas option I was only able to create max. 15 artboards (the scenes of the animation) from 3840x2160 each in Illustrator. Now I can scale this up to more then 100 artboards, so I only need one Illustrator file in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shape Layer Stacking Order

Add an option to reverse the stack order of multiple shapes within a single shape layer.

This would be great for trim paths effects!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. auto translate expressions

When opening an AE file, check if expressions are written in the language than the aftereffects version. If not, ask the user for an auto-translation.
    It would be a great improvement for team-working when you are not aware of everyone language presets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Keep Text Attributes when copying text from other applications

Working with kinetic typography, I get files with text set in InDesign or Illustrator. The designers spend a lot of time setting the kerning, tracking, leading and all text attributes so that the text looks great.
    When copying this into After Effects all attributes are missing and the text needs to be set up AGAIN. You could outline all the text, but then it would be a nightmare to animate and process corrections. Please help users save time and avoid work duplication. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG: unable to import PSDs with video layers

I'm importing PSDs with rotoscoped and affected video layers into After Effects. If one of the video layers in the PSD comes from a video file (in photoshop: Layers>Video Layers>New Video Layer From File.../or file>open and open a video file) and I try to import that PSD into After Effects I get any number of errors. See screenshots. If I remove the MP4/MOV layer in Photoshop and try to import then the error/bug doesn't happen.

Even if I save the PSD with video layer hidden I still get the errors.

I was able to reproduce these errors both on the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: Expression "Drop-Down" menu the word "Menü" changes to "Men," in german version when saved on a PC and opened on a Mac

I worked on the german version of After Effects CC20 on a PC, when i saved the project and opened it in the german Version on the Mac in the "Drop-Down"-Menu the word "Menü" has changed to "Men," which brakes the Expressions, so there seems to be a problem with the german letter "ü" when saved on PC and opened on a Mac. Manual FIX: I could fix it by duplicating the "Drop-Down"Menu, the duplicate than automatically inserts the word "Menü" correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Files dragged in from library should retain their names

When I drag I file from one of my libraries into an After Effects project, I would like it to keep the name I have assigned that file. Nearly every file loses its assigned name, and winds up as something like "Artwork 3" when I bring it into After Effects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dynamic link imports graphic layer as if native layers.

Dynamic-link imports Premiere Pro/Illustrator/Photoshop/Etc graphics layers as if native layers.
    This means that after effect changes any effect and transitions to keyframes and native effects and styles, instead of making useless layers that make more work to manually delete and add effect in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. exporting a folder

Can we have the possibility to export a folder(containing a composition) from a project to an other project?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Workflow between illustrator and after effects (ai layer to shape layer in AE)

Hi, feature request please. It would be great to improve the link between illustrator and after effects.
    - It's actually impossible to get the path with stroke correctly from an illustator's shape layer : the brush is vectorized and we can't trim path it correctly in after effect.
    - we still can't transform an ai text to a text layer in ae...
    - the gradiant aren't available while creating shape layer from ai file
    - it would be great to have the possibility to create bin in illustrator ( as already existing in photoshop) for conversion in AE (i mean…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. select multiple renders in the queue and change all of the "Output to:" with one click, same as "output module" works

What if the sotware let us select multiple renders in the queue and change all of the "Output to:" with one click? This is how "output module" works, maybe its a good idea to aplly the same function to "Output to:".

I'm having trouble changing one by one when I render my comps again, they create new files with numbers extension. I only wanted to substitute my pre rendered files easier, like before this update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base