After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easily scroll (cycle) through Luts in lumetri color

We need the ability to scroll, with a shortcut or mouse wheel, through LUTs in lumetri color with having to browse new LUT every time.
    just like you can scroll through blending modes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Maintain Output Settings / Templates when updating

Every update I have to remake those, when not saved before updating.
    Very unproductive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Respect Even Odd Fill Rule when Create Shapes From Vector Layer

Ai gives the lazy user a solution to get the fill toggle for Compound Paths right. Clicking the Even Odd Fill Rule switch in the Attributes panel makes it work directly. But when imported in Ae and choosing to create Shapes from the Ai, the Even Odd Fill Rule is skipped.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. smooth or page scrolling timeline

I'd love to see a smooth scrolling or even page scrolling timeline like that inside premiere. Whenever the TLI previews past view, it would be great to continue to see the timeline in relation to the indicator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Transfer parent name of named properties in Essential Graphics

Properties such as effects can be renamed by the user, it would be helpful if the name given to the effect was transferred to essential graphics. Particularly the expression controls. Currently if I use a slider, for example, and I name the slider effect, when I include it in EG I have to rename it again in the EG window, because it will just be called "Slider".
    It would be good if manually named properties could inherit their parent's name when being included in EG. This could be appended to the start of the name, so if I add an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add xml import back into after effect

Please can you add xml import back into after effects? Importing a whole PP project bloats AE projects with so much unneeded media it’s a total pain. Also removes the ability to quickly import grade from colourist and quickly set up projects and have the team start working.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add ability to search and add Adobe Stock directly from After Effects CC

Add ability to search and add Adobe Stock directly from After Effects CC.
    Why is this ability only an option in Premiere Pro?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include hardware settings with Workspaces

I have Workspaces defined for my office desk and for my home office, each with different arrangements of monitors and speakers. It would be wonderful if there was an option to "sync" audio/video hardware settings with your Workspaces, so that AE would know to use my external speakers at work and my built-in laptop speakers at home (as an example).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. To uninstall Maxon Cinema 4D together when uninstall AfterEffect

Maxon Cinema 4D come with AfterEffects.
    Will be good to get Maxon Cinema 4D uninstall as well when we uninstall AfterEffects.
    Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Save Location after project import

After importing a project to your current one, after effects overrides the location where the project was saved, with the imported one.

THIS IS SO ANNOYING AND DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!

No matter what they had in mind when programming this – NO, THIS IS JUST WRONG AND MAKES NO SENSE IN ANY CASE!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Replace fonts in project

Hi, replacing fonts in a whole Premiere Pro project is brillant. Would be cool if it could be transposed to After Effects. Sometimes, I have used a font for a big project and the client want an other one...for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Global Color creation in After effects

The ability create a global color and assign it to different items in your comp so you can make color revisions fast. On creation would automatically generate a chip in the color pallets, it would have a special marker to say it's live in the preview.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AE Adjustment Layer Issue

When applying an FxFactory Filter using an adjustment layer, if the layer below the adjustment layer has a mask, effect or filter, AE no longer feeds layer data. Please watch the uploaded video for details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shape Layer Wiggle

We should be able to customize the Shape Layer Wiggle Path look and animation with an other layer with black and white value. Like Fractal Noise for example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add auto-incrementing number as render token

It would be helpful to add a token for a number that automatically increments if a file with the existing number already exists. This would be great for versioning renders automatically. For example: [compName]v[##].[fileExtension] would produce compNamev00.mov, and then a subsequent render of the same comp would produce compName_v01.mov

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Batch Rendering/Processing for Mogrts

First of all, THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO UPDATE MOGRTS!! One thing I think would help a TON is batch processing Mogrts- there are always times where I need to export multiple because of an overall change to a series of mogrts and it's a pain to have to export them one at a time. Also having the option to export as the Comp name would be GREAT! THANK YOU AFTER EFFECTS TEAM!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AERender in AE 2019 don't wait for job completion

Up until 2019, AERender, when executed with the -reuse option, waited for the job to complete before terminating.
    On AERender 2019, AERender, when used with the -reuse option, open (or use the already opened) gui, set the job to work on the gui and terminate immediately.
    This is problematic, because we relay on the -reuse option to complete jobs very quickly, while still checking to know when the job is complete.

We are asking to return the AERender to behave like in previous versions - that it will terminate after the job is complete, even with the -reuse option.

thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug. We’re aware of an issue where, on Windows, the aerender process will crash at process start if the -reuse flag is used and the UI of After Effects is running. If the UI of After Effects is not running, the -reuse flag will cause the aerender process to crash after the render job is completed.

Our apologies for the disruption. We are investigating a fix for this bug for a future release.

19. Independent superscript control in essential graphics

Please allow independent superscript control in essential graphics when font features are not available for template user (i.e. font, font size, etc., are preset). I've created templates for my team at work and often have to use the ® symbol with product names. Being able to select it in the text field in Premiere and superscript it would be a big help, and would streamline both the template design and the end user experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. autoplay for media browser

Add button
    To automatically run browser elements from video, audio, and GIF images

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base