After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "corner limit" feature to strokes on text as you can in Illustrator

In Illustrator, I can set a corner limit to a stroke on text. This allows me to get nice sharp points in the little crevices on lower case r, p, b, etc. This would be incredibly helpful in After Effects. Because of this limitation, we have not been able to turn these into essential graphics, so instead we continue to work simultaneously between AI, AE, and PR.

In my attached images is the window from AI that has the corner limit feature, and then a side by side of what comes from AI (top) vs from AE (bottom). Unfortunately for…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export AE Shapes and masks to C4D Splines

AE Shapes and masks have some unique options and properties that are difficult to recreate in C4D, and having a way to convert them into C4D splines would be very helpful in my workflow.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scripting Access to Text Properties of Individual Letters

If a text has multiple fonts, font sizes, colors, scripts can currently only see those properties for the very first character.

This means scripts like my TextExploder (https://aescripts.com/textexploder/ ) or Text2Spreadsheet (https://aescripts.com/text2spreadsheet/) cannot preserve the text formatting properly, if the text has multiple styles.

Instead of providing a single value for the text properties, Ae should provide scripts an array of style ranges. The XD scripting API does this and is a good example of how it can be done.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tapered Strokes

And generally more interoperability with Illustrator and support for the SVG standard

265 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change the Status of app.project.activeItem.footageMissing from Read Only to Writeable

Change the Status of the app.project.activeItem.footageMissing property from Read Only to Writable

There is a clear use case for this in a production environment where assets can end up being linked to multiple locations not local to the job folder (when they are in fact included in the job).

Being able to set this property to true for all imported assets via a script (or menu item) would essentially give the same functionality as the Make Offline function in Premiere. A user could then offline all project items in a one operation and then re-link a single file to the…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After Effects 2020 BUGGGGGG!!!

Import Photoshop Compostion ( RETAIN LAYER SIZES )

IS NO LONGER WORKING.

PLEASE FIXXXX!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG:Inaccurate results when setting displayStartTime via script

After Effects does some bad math when I try to set the displayStartTime of a comp via script.
    When I attempt to set the displayStartTime of a 30fps comp to frame 1000 (33.333333333333 seconds).
    The result startTime is instead 33.3333320617676, which rounds down to frame 999.
    However, setting the startFrame to 1000 manually in the comp settings does make the startTime 33.3333333333333, which should be the expected result via script.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. lock guides in chosen one composition instead all

lock guides in chosen one composition instead all

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to import a folder and have AE update it in the project window anytime you add assets to it in finder.

I'd like to have the option to be able to import a folder I have labeled in finder (say "Music") and then have that folder auto update inside of after effects whenever I add anything new to the folder in finder.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let Master Properties carry over to Render Queue

When rendering a comp I want to be able to render multiple variants. MP's would let me do this.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. .mogrt support in Libraries

Seems .mogrt files are not supported in Libraries. When will this be available? It's an option when exporting from AE but they don't show up. When trying to manually import into a Library I get the attached error message.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple click required to work in floating window - Bug in AE2020 slowing workflow.

Confirmed issue with several users. If you are using multiple monitors or even have your comp window "torn-off / floating" from your timeline window, you will have to click once to activate the comp window before the tool you have selected will work.

Example: Working in timeline, select layer. Select pen tool to start drawing a mask. Click on floating comp window to start drawing mask and it won't draw, because the first click just switches to make that window active.

This is also true with other tools, not just pen. It always requires a first click to activate the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blackmagic Raw

Blackmagic Raw needs to be supported natively in both After Effects and Premiere Pro. It is already getting a lot of use and will only become more and more popular. There are some things I still can't do in Blackmagic Fusion and I prefer to use After Effects. Please add it. It has an open API, so it should be extremely easy to implement. Thanks.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fills and strokes get separated into groups in some occasions on "create shapes from vector layer"

In general, "create shapes from vector layer" can yield inconsistent results, depending on the type of objects within AI document. Broadly speaking, the entire feature could use a lift up by taking AI layer grouping into account, and few other quality of life changes.
    However there are some urgent issues, namely a situation, where AE creates separate shapes and groups for each fill and each stroke in the AI layer. This is caused by shapes in AI document with less than 100% transparency. This issue spreads to all layers of such AI document, even when layers are imported into AE…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. maybe they'll listen to a poem?

I miss you h dot two six four
    your size and speed we all adored
    but woe the codec list is bare
    and media encoders just as impaired
    hope someday it will be restored.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. pseudo effect

Please make pseudo effects part of the scripting API, I mean allow us to create pseudo effects natively on the fly

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Convert Editable text layers from .ai files

would be a nice feature to be able to Convert to editable text with an .ai file .

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We NEED To be able to access Legacy versions of this software!!

Art does not often move at the same pace as technology. Often times filmmakers work on projects for YEARS in OLDER codecs. It's not recommended to update the software in the middle of an edit. So filmmakers are going to need to have access to install legacy versions of your software! Not just the one or two versions back that is available to download on the creative cloud app. It is absolutely outrageous to pay so much money for software, and then be told in the middle of the project that you can no longer access the software for it.…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base