After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. graceful exit for aerender

It's impossible to kill an aerender instance running in the command line without some sort of brute force method, like using 'kill' or Ctrl-C. This often leaves corrupt partially written frames in an image sequence render which can cause problems to the final output.

It would be good if aerender could exit gracefully when told to quit, cleaning up any partially completed frames as it does. Even better would be an option to quit after the current frame, so that say hitting "q" would cause it to finish rendering the current frame and then quit.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data Merge for After Effects

Please allow Data Merge from a spreadsheet, just like InDesign or Photoshop. I'm filling a template with 52 instances of text instead of designing and letting After Effects iterate for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vector Brush

Please add a brush that you can use to draw vector shapes like you would in Illustrator or Flash. The pen tool is right there already. Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support native AVI import/export on Mac

We create graphics for stadium LED systems. Many of these systems require uncompressed AVI files for playback. Please provide a solution to import and export uncompressed AVI files on the Mac platform. This is a crucial part of our workflow.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Master Property Undo and Copy Expression Bug

If you replace a comp that has a master property with an expression or keys on it, it gets cleared out. That makes sense. But if you undo, expressions and keys on a mastery property don't return.

Also, the UI lets you "Copy Expression Only" for Master Properties but you can't paste onto duplicates, even of the same precomp with the exact same Master Properties.

Aside from a few minor issues, I love the world Master Properties opens up for us.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AE Expressions as separate script files - enabling version control (git)

When using AE Expressions, make it possible for After Effects to save these scripts as separate files (outside the AE project). That way, when cooperating with others on projects involving scripting, you could enable version control of the scripts - i.e. use git.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After Effects error: there was an error processing the pdf

How do I solve this after effects error: there was an error processing the pdf

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We need a native VR Player or a list of appropriate plugins that will work with Mettle Skybox and Oculus Rift

We need a native VR Player or a list of appropriate plugins that will work with Mettle Skybox and Oculus Rift

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Team Projects: Enable Export as Motion Graphics Template (mogrt)

In a Team Project, enable the option to export a composition as a Motion Graphics Template (mogrt) - this is currently disabled in Team Projects.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide Option to Turn off "Image-Adaptive" when importing Cinema DNG RAW sequences

DJI cameras that shoot RAW video record in the CinemaDNG format. There are two options for converting this to an editable intermediary: 1. Davinci Resolve or 2. Adobe After Effects. Grading through ACR and importing into AE produces the best image quality, however, it often produces flicker. The ACR process has an adaptive function that changes the overall image exposure. This "image-adaptive" function works on single images but on image sequences like CinemaDNG, it can produce flicker. There needs to be an option to disable this adaptive function if importing an image sequence.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Timeline shortcuts in macbook pro touchbar

I got the new macbook pro and I miss having shortcuts in my touchbar for after effects.
    We could have some shortcuts like:
    - Zoom in and out;
    - Go to next animation keyframe
    - Set shortcuts for favorite effects;
    - Audiowave control / visualization

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add photoshop layer update feature

Its cool that Photoshop has the Ctrl+E feature but it would be cooler if there is a button that you could add the new layers of the Photoshop fil, something like the cinemware where you can re import the contents of the c4d file into after.
    So photosop will have no steps inbetween importing and updating files.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make use of TIFF's ExtraSamples tag

The TIFF file format contains the ExtraSamples tag (338) which can be used to give a description of extra components. This field can be used to specify inside the file if it contains premultiplied or straight data.
    When AE exports a TIFF sequence it just leaves this field as UNSPECIFIED. This causes other software (and AE itself) to be unable to know if the data is premultiplied or straight.
    Similarly, when a composition is created from a TIFF file AE does not seem to read this field and thus it's guessing wrong as to what kind of contents is in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please give ability for AE to read EXR written by Houdini !!

Please give ability for AE to read EXR written by Houdini !!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send a job to Media Encoder from the Render Queue.

I find myself sending jobs to render queue and starting the render and then realizing that I have to make changes on it, so to make the changes I need to stop the render which is not convenient, if there was an option to continue the render on media encoder like ''RightClick on the job rendering - Continue on Media Encoder'' that would be really useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Batch or Group Replace Layers

It would be awesome if AE could replace multiple layers in the timeline with multiple items in the Project Panel (while holding the Option key) like some sort of group replace mechanism. The order in which the files in the Project panel could match the existing selected layers in the timeline could be based on which item in the Project Panel was clicked first, second, third, etc.
    Or even better: right-click on the selected items in the Project panel and make a new 'group replace' menu? Maybe a pop window appears that confirms the layers to be replaced with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. .DPX Conforming bug from PR 2018 > AE 2018

When I imported graded .dpx sequence in PR 2018 timeline, then I click replace with After Effect composition every images in in .dpx sequence is blank.
    I can do the same thing in 2017 suite without this problem.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Crash-related CRLOGS-Files fill up OS-drive

The latest AE Version is dumping huuuuge CRLOG-Files on the OS-Harddrive after crashing (which as everybody knows happens quite a lot).

The Files can reach 20-35gb each. These files are meant for UPLOAD and this is unacceptable.This concerns workflow AND data-privacy. ADOBE just wanted to upload 120gb of my data to their servers from my workstation. This is NOT acceptable.

WHAT ARE YOU UPLOADING THERE ? This is way more than just Crashlogs !!!

And this is blocking my OS, my upload-feed and slows my system down.

This is a perpetuum mobile of ****: AE crashes all the time, then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report. We are investigating the problem.

You can safely delete the CRLOG files from your system. These are crash log files that are supposed to be automatically deleted.

You can change your Adobe crash report preferences from within any Adobe application by choosing Help > Adobe Crash Reporter.

Edit: Can we contact you for more information, via the email address you used when you filed this report? Thanks.

20. Impliment option to have "Generate solid" create shape layer instead of new project item

When the user chooses to create a new solid, the user should be presented with an option in the dialogue box for the new solid which, when checked, toggles the creation of a shape layer in the comp rather than creating a new "Solid" project item.

Purpose: Solids behave differently than shape layers for some effects. In example, apply "Set Matte" to a text layer; set the source of the alpha to reference a solid or a shape layer and the results are different when the referenced layer is transformed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base