After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add MPEG options to After Effects render engine

I would like AE to be able to Export MPEGS. The list of options in AE is pretty small. I've been using those legacy QT codecs for the longest and with the depreciation of those I am left with file formats that are too big. Apple Pro res seems okay but its Mac only. I have to use AME to export videos as MPEG. However, AME has issues.

For example,I have an issue with media encoder, where if I change an asset in AE like audio and even delete it from the project, AME still renders with the old audio.…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Estamos com esse erro chato no After Effects CC 2018 - There was an error processing this PDF document

Olá,

Estou com esse problema e não consigo resolver de modo algum:

After Effects error: There was an error processing this PDF document. (1074397201) ( 50 :: 29 )

After Effects error: cannot reopen an open file. ( 3 :: 130 )

Logo depois disso o After Effects trava e fecha. não salva nada, mas também não há nada para salvar pois eu não consigo mais fazer modificações no vídeo por causa disso.

Se alguém puder me esclarecer algo que resolva meu problema, vejo que tem muitas pessoas com essa dificuldade mas sem uma solução concreta.

Atenciosamente,

Fernando Batista

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

What is the path to the file (or files) it is reporting the error about? Is it an Illustrator (.ai) file, or a PDF file?

Did you create this project by previously using the Collect Files command?

If you move the file (or files) causing the error to your desktop, open the project, and then re-link to the file on the desktop, does the problem go away?

There is a potential bug that can occur if the path to Illustrator or PDF files is very long, after the project was created by the Collect Files command. Your answers to the questions above can help determine if this is the problem you have encountered.

Em Portguese (Google Translate):

Obrigado por preencher este relatório de bug.

Qual é o caminho para o arquivo (ou arquivos) sobre o qual está relatando o erro? É um arquivo…

3. Invalid JSON Object Error

Error/Bug Report: When importing a tab delimited file, any quotation marks in data values results in this After Effects alert:

After Effects warning: Problem encountered with file "FILENAME.tsv". Data File: Parsing error:"dataOutline[0]::children[0]", Invalid JSON Object.

When I remove the quotation marks from the text/tsv file, After Effects handles it properly.

Any workarounds for this so I can use data with text values including quotations? Thanks!

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Per-project Auto-Save

This would allow you to still have the global preferences settings for Auto-Save and would add an override to the project settings window. That way, if you're working on a project that you don't want auto-saving or want it saving less often, you can change it for that one project without worrying about having to remember to re-enable/reset it.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Purge Disk Cache (only) to Edit>Purge menu

The TWO Memory related purges under Edit>Purge> also remove the Undo history - this is bad.
    Edit>Purge>ImageCache is fine as it is.
    Need quicker access to only purge the Disk Cache; without having to dive into the Prefs Dialog.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search for text layers

Recently needed to change multiple text layer names and had to manually open every comp and find them. Would be nice to be able to search for them by name or content (either would be handy).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. why remove quicktime 7 suppert?

It's just unbelievable how many problems it does. I have hundreds of film projects of different effects that need to be converted. simple Wav files also need to be converted to them. Please bring them back!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Opacity not working in Master Properties

I have a pre-comp that has 2 layers in it. One graphic, the other text. I use OPACITY from both layers as a means to control in the MAIN layer as a Master Property. However, when I attempt to change the OPACITY from the MASTER PROPERTY it does not work, respectively

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CINEWARE & VFX

After Effects needs to improve the compatibility with Cinema 4D, adding into CINEWARE tool more features and faster performance for VFX workflows.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please can you bring back the Filmstrip export / import function in After Effects (and Premiere and Photoshop)

Hi,

Please can you bring back the Filmstrip export function which I think was dropped from After Effects after CS4 and I think from Premiere after CS3.

(Or alternatively, please can you make the CS3 and CS4 versions of Adobe CS software available through Creative Cloud subscription so the Filmstrip feature is readily available to use again.)

I realise that it's possible to draw on top of video frame by frame in the Photoshop CC2018 Timeline - and that's great, it's a very useful feature.

However I was trying to create a distressed effect across a video where precision as…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The ability to import multiple img seqs

When compositing, you want to be able to batch import img sequences. You currently have to use a third party script.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. IMPROVE CINEWARE FOR VFX

After Effects needs to improve its CINEWARE for going to be better and better en el flujo de trabajo VFX con Cinema 4D, being more compatible with this Maxon product (ProRender, hair tools, performance and more).

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A better CINEWARE tool

CINEWARE improvements for a powerful VFX Workflow between After effects and Cinema 4D.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After Effects 15.1 update. Text clipped on top from older projects.

In the newest version of After Effects all of my old projects have most the tops of the text-bounding boxes for text I have clipped at the top, I can always hack a fix with line-height and adjusting position, but with projects that have a lot of animated text thin isn't really a viable solution.

This happens on mine as well as a co-worker's computer on various older projects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Premiere Audio Amplifying

Within Premiere one has the ability to amplify audio, normalize audio, normalize peaks and to set the audio volume. After Effects - sadly - has no comparable features. It would help out a lot though. Especially in times of video producing bots like Templater or CompsFromSpreadsheet.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 18 19 20 22 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base