After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select Same Fills and Strokes for Shape Layers

Adobe Illustrator has a very useful feature in that you can perform a Select Same function that targets specific properties. For example, Select Same Stroke Color select all objects that have the same stroke color. Select Same Fill selects all objects with the same fill, etc.

It would be really useful to have something similar to this inside of After Effects. It is common to have to modify colors as a project progresses, and After Effects doesn't make it very easy to either access or change colors of Shape Layer properties without resorting to 3rd party tools like BQ Shape…

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paint\Clone\Stamp tool one frame length mode

Add one frame length mode for Paint\Clone\Stamp tool. Its always hard to use this tool for frame by frame, i always need to setup length manually to one.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WideGamutRGB/Log3G10

Colour Space for RED Camera would very useful feature. Very recently I worked on a project which was shot on RED Camera. IPP2 workflow was adopted and I was asked to Output DPX/EXR with Log3G10 Colour Space by the technicolour. Unforunately, this particular colour space & any other colour space for RED camera does not exist in After Effects.

I spent months for the solutions but no luck. Everyone talks about the input using LUTs but there is nothing for output.

I am really happy that Arri Alexa and Sony is in place. But RED should be compulsory too since…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expression pickwhip to Checkbox

pickwhipping to a checkbox
    should automatically write

.value

at the end of the expression

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. duplicate layers below

it would be nice to have the option to duplicate layers below the source layer. Maybe via a shortcut, like "command + control + D".

It's handy when using a bunch of "index - 1" expressions

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. add 24bit audio export

24 bit is frequently asked for. Please make it available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sRGB mode in Linear color space

Is it possible to work in linear color space and color correct like in sRGB space with that smooth color shift?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2D tracker points to 3D Tracker

It would be grate if you let 3D Tracker to use 2D Tracker points for solving.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Marker Bin

Hi,

it would be great if we could see all Markers in a bin or folder or spreadsheet like interface.

Imagine you are searching for notes and shots that you marked
    You can easily find those shots in the markers interface.

Additionally you can remove them in this interface if you need to.
    Or select many of them even if they are inserted in different compositions.

I hope you find this helpful

thanxs

Peter

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Skip frames RAM preview to count from start of timeline, not work area, like it use to.

I always use the work area to preview (not the option where it starts from the timeline). I also often use the option to Skip frames where AE only RAMs only every 2nd, 5th, 10th, or whatever frame, to save time. I also shuffle or extend the work area up and down to preview different areas. Years ago it use to count which skipped frames to preview from the beginning of the timeline, but now it counts from the beginning of the work area!!! So even if I push the area down a second, or a frame, even though the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Glyphen

Glyphen Window for Text Elements directly in Ae instead of using Hex Code or Photoshop Glyphen with copy and paste into Ae for non keyboard glyphen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Importing single layer .ai file does not retain layer sizes

When importing an Illustrator file which only has one layer and checking the Composition - Retain Layer Sizes - the footage defaults to artboard/composition size.

If you add another layer, or a blank layer the Layer Sizes are retained.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Resolve Typekit Conflicts with Installed fonts

BUG: Installed fonts conflict with typekit fonts

Issue --
    • Proxima nova family fonts installed (sans Medium)
    • Typekit fonts installed creates conflict where only limited weights are available from the family list. Typekit overwrites installed fonts on list and matching installed/typekit names appear to disappear altogether.

For us -- many of our clients use Motion for FCPX to edit and Motion does not see typekit fonts at all, so hardcopies must be installed on all edit machines but then in doing so -- AE has conflict with generation of the available typeface list.

I described the incident in more…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow .mogrt files to export with adjustment layers to affect video clips in Premiere.

I use a lot of the same graphics for multiple "Projects" and wanted to create a template in After Effects for consistency and lessen the workload. But It part of that graphic is to turn part of the video clip black and white I need to use an Adjustment Layer. Allowing Adjustment Layers to port over with .mogrt files would make things much easier for me and I'm guessing others as well.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug Report - AE 17.0 - Lumetri Scopes displaying wrongly when Color Management ON

Footage displaying identically between AE and Premiere so not always have the same scopes between the programs.

Repro:
    Get just about any file in Rec. 709 0-255
    Import into Premiere
    Import same file into AE
    Open both scopes. Easiest to see in luma waveform mode.

With color management off, scopes and pictures seem to match. Once you turn color management on in AE (still off in PP), I'm unable to get AE and PP to match at all, ever.

I've tried teh following Working Spaces:
    sRGB
    Rec 709
    Rec 709 2.4
    Rec 709 16-235

and also tried all those spaces…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Composition name Dynamic Link

If I change the name of a a composition in After Effects that I got from Premiere via Dynamic Link, the name will not transfer into Premiere. Instead Premiere still shows the old name which results in confusions on whether its the right composition your editing and more. Also I can imagine that there could be problems reopening the Premiere project so that it will not find the AE comp because of the changed name.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add "corner limit" feature to strokes on text as you can in Illustrator

In Illustrator, I can set a corner limit to a stroke on text. This allows me to get nice sharp points in the little crevices on lower case r, p, b, etc. This would be incredibly helpful in After Effects. Because of this limitation, we have not been able to turn these into essential graphics, so instead we continue to work simultaneously between AI, AE, and PR.

In my attached images is the window from AI that has the corner limit feature, and then a side by side of what comes from AI (top) vs from AE (bottom). Unfortunately for…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export AE Shapes and masks to C4D Splines

AE Shapes and masks have some unique options and properties that are difficult to recreate in C4D, and having a way to convert them into C4D splines would be very helpful in my workflow.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Scripting Access to Text Properties of Individual Letters

If a text has multiple fonts, font sizes, colors, scripts can currently only see those properties for the very first character.

This means scripts like my TextExploder (https://aescripts.com/textexploder/ ) or Text2Spreadsheet (https://aescripts.com/text2spreadsheet/) cannot preserve the text formatting properly, if the text has multiple styles.

Instead of providing a single value for the text properties, Ae should provide scripts an array of style ranges. The XD scripting API does this and is a good example of how it can be done.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base