After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Smart export to animated GIF

Since animated Gif is quite a thing (after initially being the only way to show animation online in the 1990's), I would be very appreciated if After Effects could export those in a smart way - making use of the ability to give each frame a duration. Ae knows where animation is happening and should be able to create only the essential frames. A big advantage above the incredibly cumbersome route Photoshop works for this.

At the moment I wished GifBuilder 0.5 was still around. Sadly enough, there is still no better tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Cant use convert vertex tool (pen tool) on layers with sepperated dimentions

Cant use convert vertex tool (pen tool) on layers with sepperated dimentions.

Thats basiclly it. I can use it when i unseperate the dimentions

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Paste raster images directly into After Effects from clipboard.

Paste images from clipboard directly into a new layer in AE, which would automatically save an image file in some specified directory and create the link. I constantly get references from clients, screenshots, colors, style frames, plates for vfx, etc. that I need to pull in to AE quickly, and it's annoying to have to save a file from PS, then do an import, navigate to the file, etc..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Collect Files..." not working at all on 22.4.0

I'm trying to package my project so I can move the whole thing to a new folder location. In the last version I was using, AE was crashing every time I would try to "Collect Files...". I updated to 22.4.0 hoping it would fix the issue, but now when I try to "Collect Files..." nothing happens at all. Also I have given AE full disk access in my system preferences. (I am running AE on a Apple M1 Mac Book Pro, macOS Monterey 12.3.1)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. True Fullscreen Support for Mac OS

Screen estate is one of the most sacred resources when it comes to a professional editing workflow. MacOS has a specific way people multi-task and their fullscreen support is super useful when it comes to windowing and switching between different tools

Making this a priority would be game changing for mac users out there. Please help us get there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Overlord plugin not working with After Effects Beta

I've used Overlord for After Effects for a long time and it doesn't seem to be working now with Beta. I thought I remembered it working in previous versions of Beta though...Anyone having any luck with getting this plugin to work?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove Parenthesis () around the "Footage" folder when using Collect Files feature

These parenthesis are HARMFUL to production servers like the one at the agency I work at, and are generally unnecessary for the auto-generated folder when using the "collect files" feature in After Effects. Just "Footage" would be TOTALLY fine, but the parenthesis cause a lot of problems for machines and teams that can easily get tripped up with special characters. Please remove them from that dependency!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Transition generator directly from After Effects to Premiere Pro

All the time when I want to add my custom transition in premiere I have to create new AAE comp and all the time make the same things. This app need to easy transitions making system where you'll declarate "dummy in" and "dummy end" of clip, and import it into Premiere pro, as transition with all comp solids, adjustment layers, nulls and effects.

I've tried to do my custom transitions using newest option to replace video components from premiere pro, but it's stupid declarate. There isn't "dummy video" but you have to set video path and replace this path from…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After effects must understand that an illustrator link layer in photoshop is an illustrator file

Photoshop has a new feature that link an illustrator file directly with the 'convert to linked'

After effects doesn't understand that this particulary files is an .ai file so this file in after effect is converted to .psd

For a better workflow, that will be great if after effects consider this file to an .ai file to have the possibility to convert the illustrator layer (import by the way of a photoshop file) into Shape Layers in After Effects

Thank you for your time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Essential Graphics : custom font style (italic or regular or bold) within a paragraph

Hello all,

I'm working on a project between After Effects & Premiere Pro. I want to create multiples text animation coming from the left & the right side. The animation is working well and my text is formatted well as well. BUT for this purpose, I will need to have the possibilty to edit the text. For this, i'm drag n dropping the source text for the text layer into my Essential Graphics panel, it's working well, I can even add properties such as Enable Custom Font Selection, Enable Font Size Adjustement & Enable Faux Styles. The thing is that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make AE-created MOGRT files compatible with Premiere RUSH

It could be so great if the MOGRT files could be interpreted by the Rush App ! Desktop then Mobile app can have access to the templates 😍

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Default Output folder and Output Module per Project

Most of the time, I am working on multiple projects per day, switching several time. Each time I have to set the Output Folder and the Output Module for each.
    Why not store those in the Project Settings? (accessible from the Render Queue for user convenience :-)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Team project Essential graphics

When working in a Team project the option to right click a comp and select "Essential graphics" is greyed out. The only way to access Essential graphics is to open Essential graphics window and select comp from list. But that's a much harder way to get to the right comp because you loose the folder structure and timeline connection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 'Output Module' information from After Effects to carry to Media Encoder 'format'

We have situations where we have a large number of comps in After Effects in the render queue - but they are set to render as different formats. We'd like to be able to send those to Media Encoder and retain that format information.

Currently the Output Module information doesn't carry over and needs to be manually updated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rounded Rectangle Mask Options

When you create a rounded rectangle mask, under the Mask Path there are no roundness properties/options to change the roundness setting after making the mask. There needs to be a setting/property to change the roundness of the rounded rectangle mask under Mask 1 in the timeline panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. after effects 22.4 on Mac Studio gives color flicker in pores 444 camera footage.

after effects 22.4 on Mac Studio gives color flicker (greenish frames) in pores 444 camera footage. turning off hardware acceleration for footage files seems to fix it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Keyframe Objects in the Scripting API

Compositions, Layers and Properties are all objects with attributes and methods, but keyframes are not. In fact keyframes do not really exist as anything. To get a keyframe, you have to use Property methods such as “keyAtTime()”, or know the index of the key you are trying to access.
    Manipulating big amount of keyframes can be very difficult because of this.

It would be very helpful if Keyframes were objects and had their own attributes. Assigning ID to keyframes can be super useful as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include FolderItem.duplicate()

compItem.duplicate() is a thing but can't duplicate folders at all. Seems like it should be a thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include item.index to ExtendScript

Yes, 'item.id' is cool, but it's not serial, and sometimes you need to iterate through items based on their indexes, trusting the indexes are in numerical order. When I need to get an item's id I need to use its name to loop through the entire project manager until I get a match. It just is so much for something so simple and it feels like item.index should be a thing, just like 'layer.index' is! Please!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base