After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have sequence markers added in AE to link to Premiere Pro when linked

I've been using overlays created in AE (Intros, outros etc) that have a fade to white/black with a bunch of other things happening, I would like it if I could set a marker for when the overlay was %100 white/black that would be visible in Premiere Pro, so when I have the file overlayed, I can see exactly at what point the video underneath will no longer be visible.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Native animated GIF support

Still have to go through Photoshop/ Save for web (Legacy)?!

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 16.0.1 project not linking with Premiere still

Thanks for this update but After Effects is still failing to link properly with my Premiere projects, which have also been updated to 13.0.2. I've reported this on the Premiere section too just in case. Please see attached recurring error from AE. Maybe I'll be able to continue work properly in 2019, please? Thanks for your efforts so far, I'm sure we're getting there... I'm on a 2017 iMac running Mojave, 16Gb ram.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug Report: Can't paste from Premiere Pro

"After Effects warning: Can't paste from Premiere, Premiere Pro Importer is missing."

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple Project Windows

Add the ability to open more than one project window at a time, or create different 'Bin' windows, similar to Premiere.

Ideally, this would be possible with multiple windows, with the ability to create multiple windows with the same target (such as having several 'Effects presets' windows simultaneously, allowing you to keep the ones you are using open and switch between them easily.)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please include prores 444 xq export into after effects and premiere

Since the introduction of prores 444 xq i was unable to use the codec to export from After effects or premiere. WHY?????

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OPENCL stopped working after MAC 10.13.5 update

Once updated to Mac OS 10.13.5, OPENCL error came on all Adobe projects, AE, Premiere Pro, and ME, allowing only Software mode. This is with MAC included AMD Pro Vega 64.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please provide more info about the errors you’re receiving? A screenshot of the error message would be useful.

When does the error occur? When you open a project? Or when you launch After Effects? Does the problem change if you modify the Project Settings > Video Rendering & Effects option?

8. H264 import as well as export not supported??? (AE15.1.1)

Hey
    At the post facility where I work we upgraded to After Effects 15.1.1 on monday, reassured that h264 (.mp4) was still possible via AME + that QT7 codecs were still supported for IMPORT (as per release notes https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/quicktime7-support-dropped.html)

Unfortunately, AE just hangs indefinitely when importing QT H264... which is going to be a logistical nightmare for old projects that need to be reopened containing QT H264 files....

FYI, running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 (over 14 workstations)
    No change whether footage on networkdrive, local drive.

Any suggestions?? urgently, if poss...

Thanks

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for filing this bug report.

H.264, along with many other codecs, inside a QuickTime file remain supported for import in After Effects 15.1 and Premiere Pro 12.1.

Can you please send us a link to a file that demonstrates the problem? We will inspect it to evaluate the problem. If you prefer not to post it publicly, you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com.

Most of the problems we have encountered with QuickTime files using supported codecs are that they use little-used QuickTime 7 functionality that is not natively supported by After Effects or Premiere Pro. That, or the file itself is malformed in some way. In previous versions of After Effects and Premiere Pro, the 32-bit QuickTime process could be used to process these files; now that it is gone, any such files that relied on QuickTime 7 functionality will fail to import.

We can look at…

9. Better Import of Photoshop Clipping Masks

It would be great if we could import photoshop layers with clipping masks into AE without having to rasterize the layer in PS and apply the layer mask. I find with soft edge masks AE doesn't recognize the mask data. Currently I have to go through my PS file and manually rasterize masks. Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Double clicking Library colours to use them in comps (colours of text, solids, fill, etc)

Full Library functionality like in Illustrator or Photoshop. Make the colours in the Library useful. For example: selecting the colour of a text in your comp by clicking/selecting/dragging a colour from your Library.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Correct the Message that apears if i try to Import a Photoshop Timeline

If I try to import a Photoshop Timeline with a video in it i got a error message that Quicktime is not installed or out of date. This is not correct. AE doesn´t support this. Can you insert a message that let the user know this at this point....

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sequence as Footage

When using AE for compositing 3D renders, it's PAINFULL to import sequences one at a time. I would love a checkbox on the import dialog box that labeled "View sequence as clip". This would be great in Premiere too, but that's for another day. That one function would save me a ton of time and I wouldn't need a third party script for it.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. AE Render Engine: JSON alert stops watch folder queue

The JSON alert "The structure of the data file has changed" also pops up when After Effects is running as render engine in watch folder mode. The alert dialog stops the rendering process and therefore the render queue.

Please remove the JSON alert or mute it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Compression Slider for Open EXR in After Effects like in AME

We using RED Files all the time. Also we had a powerfull renderfarm to render things with After Effects. Later we add these again to a Premiere Pro comp. So we need a file format that is able to store a lot of data with high bitdepth as a image sequence and is readable by premiere. So open exr is the best format for us. Sadly there is no compression slider in After Effects like you can find it in Adobe Media Encoder. It would be great to add a compression to these files too so we can render it…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. graceful exit for aerender

It's impossible to kill an aerender instance running in the command line without some sort of brute force method, like using 'kill' or Ctrl-C. This often leaves corrupt partially written frames in an image sequence render which can cause problems to the final output.

It would be good if aerender could exit gracefully when told to quit, cleaning up any partially completed frames as it does. Even better would be an option to quit after the current frame, so that say hitting "q" would cause it to finish rendering the current frame and then quit.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Data Merge for After Effects

Please allow Data Merge from a spreadsheet, just like InDesign or Photoshop. I'm filling a template with 52 instances of text instead of designing and letting After Effects iterate for me.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support native AVI import/export on Mac

We create graphics for stadium LED systems. Many of these systems require uncompressed AVI files for playback. Please provide a solution to import and export uncompressed AVI files on the Mac platform. This is a crucial part of our workflow.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Master Property Undo and Copy Expression Bug

If you replace a comp that has a master property with an expression or keys on it, it gets cleared out. That makes sense. But if you undo, expressions and keys on a mastery property don't return.

Also, the UI lets you "Copy Expression Only" for Master Properties but you can't paste onto duplicates, even of the same precomp with the exact same Master Properties.

Aside from a few minor issues, I love the world Master Properties opens up for us.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support import .ai artboard

Support import .ai artboards.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base