After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. tsv data not being passed to Media Encoder

When exporting comps from AE that contain text etc linking to data in a tsv, that data is lost when exporting via Media Encoder, which makes batch exporting comps linking to data not possible.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bug reports: edit original commend not always working cc2019

cc2019 - edit original commend not always working. i am using after effect since version 3.1. never had this problem - i׳m on a layer pressing commend+E but Nothing happens.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

Can you please provide more detail on the problem? We need to know more about when you encounter this problem. For example:
    - What type of file are you selecting when you choose the Edit Original command in After Effects? PSD, AI, MOV, MP4, TIFF, JPEG, etc. Is it only one particular file type, or multiple file types?
    - What application are you expecting to open for this file?
    - What happens when you double-click on the file in Explorer or Finder? Does the expected application open?
    - Is this on Windows or Mac? What version of the OS?
    - Is this only in an existing project? If you import the same file into a new project, does the same problem occur?

3. Wrong Framerate from Premiere import

When importing a Premiere Project After Effects does not recognize modified frame interpolation set in Premiere and reverts to original fps setting. Please fix!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Text character formatting added to essential graphics templates

When creating a text-based template using the essential graphics feature, it is essential that character formatting be available in the final template. Without it, templates are severely limited in their application.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. pen tool same as illustrator

3 improvements that will blow minds:

1. Make the pen tool work the same as Illustrator.

2. Fill and Stroke switch button.

3. Collapse/expand all folders keyboard shortcut like Photoshop.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create precomp based on layer size

Right now inside of After Effects, if you want to create a Precomp from an individual layer, the resulting Precomp will take on the size of the comp it was in. However, since the layer was already a layer with a specific size, there is almost no situation in which this result is desirable as default. Rather, it would make much more sense for the resulting precomp to take on the size of the layer it is pre-comping, similar in function to the "Trim to Transparent Pixels" command in Photoshop.

So the desired functionality would be this: I have a…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Autocut wherever 1. changes in pic AND 2. sound level are below a specific level

Need to cut a lot tutorial videos and webinars wherever two criterias are fullfilled: Changes in Pic AND in Sound are below a specific level (i.e. the speach is pausing AND there is no silent but important action on screen taking place. Would be perfect to get rid of those parts automatically.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A more convenient way to select a property

Clicking on the same line of the property should highlight it instead of me having to manually go to select the property's name.

When I want to create a keyframe using a keyboard shortcut, I have to click on the name of the property. But the "clock" is right next to the property's name, what's the point of using shortcut then?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Decompose" command to extract layers from precomp

Create a way to "decompose" precomps in a parent comp while retaining the attributes of the precomp. For example, I have a 1000x500 comp nested in a 500x250 comp. The 1000x500 precomp is scaled to 70% in the parent comp. I'd like to be able to "decompose" the 1000x500 precomp so that all of its layers appear in the 500x250 comp and stay positioned and scaled exactly the same as when it was a precomp.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Snap to monitor size in Windows

Using AE in Apple OS i am able to have multiple windows on multiple monitors and double clicking the bar at the top of the window snaps it to the monitor size.

With Windows I can't do that so I have one main windod (the one that has the top menu) that I can click and snap to the size of my monitor, but the other window where I keep my composition or timeline I have to manually re-scale to match the size of my monitor as best as I can, but there's always a thin gap where I can…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pre-color layers

Instead of changing a color of a layer asset can we apply colors to assets in the project window? Or preset colors custom so that we can label these layers ahead of time instead of after dragging into a comp??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. rework the whole 3d space

Working in the 3d space of AFX is such a pain! Often I try to avoid it or look for workarounds(someimtes using C4d to set up cameras and lights to than pass it over to AFX just to not have to navigate it in AFX)

It is not easy to navigate the 3d space as it doesn't use industry standart shortcuts to start with.
    In addition it is so hard to grab these little 3d widget handles. I constantly select another layer when I try to move the one I focus on. If we would have the option to restrict…

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. visually identify duplicate keyframes

Many times, if you want a pause of some sort, but then later, you start from that same point to animate to the next. Very common with opacity. Fade out, wait some time, fade in, wait some time, fade out, etc.
    If it's not a loop, you'll have to control that, and it's not all that easy to identify.

I'd like to have the ability to color identical keyframes. For My workflow, I'd like it to automatically assign a color to same keyframes. I could then select another keyframe, choose a different color for that one, and it would color…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug Report: Bug when opening AE, start screen only showing spinning loading-circle (Win 10, AE2019 March)

Bug when opening AE on Win 10, start screen not showing any content besides spinning loading circle

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Submitting a bug which continually crashes After Effects

I have discovered a bug in After Effects. Here you have a few very simple comps nested inside each other - no matter that happens, when I double click on ShieldShoppingBag comp and try to interact with ANYTHING inside the comp, timeline, layers etc, AE crashes without warning. Please look into this and fix!

macOS Sierra
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    4 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Adobe After Effects CC
    Version 16.0.1 (Build 48)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PhotoJPEG Quicktime Support

Every studio review we have requires us to submit photoJPEG quicktimes as VFX dailies alongside our Avid and EXRs. Would be nice to have so I dont have to script a solution with ffmpeg.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Paste Text Without Formatting

The ability to paste text from the clipboard without formatting (size, colour, font). Would help speed up workflow when copying titles etc from other text editors/word processors.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video Copilot Sure Target doesn't work in recent versions

Video Copilot's Sure Target doesn't work in recent versions of After Effects. The camera does move appropriately, but its movement is completely ignored by the render. Output looks the same as though the camera never moved.

Some people have said that closing and re-openening After Effects makes it work again. I think it has something to do with the caching system, though purging the cache while AE is open doesn't fix the issue. Something internally just isn't registering that the camera has moved.

Maybe this is something that Video Copilot could fix with an update, but whatever is causing this…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base