After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ALT+drag copy/duplicate

I would like to see ALT+Drag to copy/duplicate for layers in the timeline and assets in the project panel. Its a standard function for the rest of the adobe suite and for some reason its missing from AE. There's not even an alternate function, its just missing. I understand holding alt and dragging selected key frames in the timeline does temporal stretch. so I see why it might be harder to implement for key frames without upsetting current functions. But, this seems to be a missing feature that would be widely appreciated for those of us that use the wider…

25 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please bring all OpenType features to After Effects

Typography is an important part of many animations. With the great amount of options designers have with OpenType-Fonts every aspect of a font should be accessible in a modern animation software.

Please add all OpenType-Options as seen in the Photoshop Character Panel to be natively accessible in After Effects.

133 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Global Color creation in After effects

The ability create a global color and assign it to different items in your comp so you can make color revisions fast. On creation would automatically generate a chip in the color pallets, it would have a special marker to say it's live in the preview.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Magenta Color Shift when exporting ProRes4444 with AE2020 on Windows

In AE2020 Exporting a clip as ProRes4444 Millions of Colors on Windows results in an Output with a color shift towards Magenta. This can only be resolved by changing the codec to Trillions of colors.

Also when Using ProRes 4444 XQ with the same color settings the color shift gets an additions Gamma shift problem.

On AE 2019 this issue was not there. Also on Mac this issue can not be seen.

We tested it on multiple Windows machines and on all of them the problem appears with AE 2020 v.17.1.4

Please fix this problem

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keyframe Velocity shortcut (alt + double click) doesn't work, why?

That shortcut has been deleted and it was really useful!!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. select multiple renders in the queue and change all of the "Output to:" with one click, same as "output module" works

What if the sotware let us select multiple renders in the queue and change all of the "Output to:" with one click? This is how "output module" works, maybe its a good idea to aplly the same function to "Output to:".

I'm having trouble changing one by one when I render my comps again, they create new files with numbers extension. I only wanted to substitute my pre rendered files easier, like before this update.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't drag in 3d space

After upgrading to AE 2020 I can't drag 3D objects on the z axis when viewing though the Active Camera. Please fix this ASAP.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Property to Essential Graphics

You can right-click to add a property to the Essential Graphics panel. Great! But it always pulls up the last comp that was open for some reason—and you might not even remember which comp it was if you haven't opened the panel for quite a while. I can't see a use case where I'd ever want to add a property from one comp to another comp's Master Properties—especially as it throws an error.

Rather than going through all of that error checking and forcing me to first right-click to open the comp in the EG panel, when I use Add…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dynamic Link After Effects projects within After Effects projects

When transitions between scenes are more complex using Premiere to dynamic link AE comps isn't an option. Being able to dynamic link .aep files within .aep files would allow multiple users to work simultaneously on different precomps while not disturbing or overwriting the master comp.

When we're up against deadlines we need 2-3 animators working at the same time. It would save a lot of time not to collect a comp work on it, bring it back in and replace the old one or simply waiting for one animator to finish their task before another can open the file and…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Workflow between illustrator and after effects (ai layer to shape layer in AE)

Hi, feature request please. It would be great to improve the link between illustrator and after effects.
    - It's actually impossible to get the path with stroke correctly from an illustator's shape layer : the brush is vectorized and we can't trim path it correctly in after effect.
    - we still can't transform an ai text to a text layer in ae...
    - the gradiant aren't available while creating shape layer from ai file
    - it would be great to have the possibility to create bin in illustrator ( as already existing in photoshop) for conversion in AE (i mean…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove Animation as the default rendering codec

It is not supported on any modern OS.

(When I teach my (newbie) students about rendering, I have to do a lot of technical explanation on how and why to set up a more efficient rendering preset.)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix bug and allow composition start timecodes later than 23:57:33:15

This seems to be a bug. Composition start timecodes later than 23:57:33:15 (if comp fps is set to 23.976) automatically resolve to 23:57:33:15. If the comp is made from a footage item with a start timecode later than that, it will display the correct start timecode but entering the Composition Settings box will cause it to revert to 23:57:33:15.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug in comp.exportAsMotionGraphicsTemplate() when exporting Motion Graphics Templates from ExtendScript in AE 2020

I need to make an automated workflow for versioning motion graphics templates and exporting .mogrt files. I've implemented a .jsx script to do so.

However, when exporting via script using exportAsMotionGraphicsTemplate, the exported .mogrt files loose some properties in their embedded deifnition.json files - they miss eg. default values, default text strings and their menu options arrays are empty.

This means they are not working in Premiere, where the result is empty dropdown menus and text inputs that reset to empty and will only send empty strings to the template regardless of user input.

Attached is a zip file with…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable/disable Constrain Proportions on Multiple Layers

Is there a way to select multiple layers and uncheck constrain proportions on all of them at once? That would save a lot of time as opposed to selecting multiple layers, hitting s, then unchecking each individual link button.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. H.265 footage got pixelated and lost details

I found some specific H.265 footages imported into AE/PR partially (e.g. the clouds I marked in the red box) got pixelated after few frames, but the first frame (which I think it is the keyframe) is ok, when you zoon in, you can see the obvious pixelated blocks both in viewer and final output. But it will not happen in DaVinci Resolve nor I exported the footage to ProRes them imported into AE/ PR.

The PSD file is exported from the video, you can zoon in 300% and switch the layer to see what happened.

This issue happens in both…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Lock specific effect values, ex. the anchor point and/or position, in the Transform scroll down menu in After Effects.

It is far too easy to grab hold of the wrong value (the anchor point instead of the position value and the other way around) and completely mess up an animation. Usually it takes quite some time to relize the mistake, Most items given different default anchor points by different size, it may take quite a while before realizing the mistake since it's impossible to keep all these values in your head. The only way to save the day is to reset to default values and start all over again loosing a lot of valueble time, and money! Most people…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tapered strokes

The new version of After Effects supports Tapered strokes. Awesome!

However, I still can't import Illustrator variable width strokes into After Effects.

Could you make After Effects read variable width data from Illustrator?

Alternatively, you could open the variable width stroke data in Illustrator, so the very talented Adam Plouff at Battle Axe could add it to Overlord.

Additionally, you could add Wacom tablet support to After Effects, so we could draw with variable width (tapered stroke) directly in After Effects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the connection to AME Render Queue faster

A simple Comp with a single Solid takes minutes to add to the Media Encoder Queue.

Even clicking a Preset in the Queue takes a lot of time 'Connecting to Dynamic Link Server'. Why? I Guess the preview in the Export Settings panel is the cause. Can we have an option to skip that?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base