After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add customizable tokens/properties to Render Queue

It would be extremely helpful to be able to define our own render tokens somehow. We often have very long and complex filenames that string together common elements like "Project Code," "Client Name," "Project Name," "Deliverable Name," "First/Last Initials," "Version Number", "Language"

It would be helpful to be able to define these somewhere in the AE project, perhaps as metadata, and then allow them to be used as render tokens/properties that can be used in the existing File Name and Location Templates.

Sure, we can manually enter this information ourselves when we go to render. We could also rename our…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Take Snapshot to Clipboard

Add Take Snapshot to Clipboard so that the current appearance of the Composition can be pasted to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, Slack, TextEdit, or any other application that allows one to paste a graphic from the Clipboard.

This could be implemented with a modifier key like command + click Take Snapshot on Mac and control + click Take Snapshot on Windows.

While it's easy enough to use Command +3 or Command + 4 on Mac, having Take Snapshot to Clipboard would allow for getting just the visible area of the Composition more quickly, speeding up one's workflow.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ALT+drag copy/duplicate

I would like to see ALT+Drag to copy/duplicate for layers in the timeline and assets in the project panel. Its a standard function for the rest of the adobe suite and for some reason its missing from AE. There's not even an alternate function, its just missing. I understand holding alt and dragging selected key frames in the timeline does temporal stretch. so I see why it might be harder to implement for key frames without upsetting current functions. But, this seems to be a missing feature that would be widely appreciated for those of us that use the wider…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow markers in AE-created .mogrt files to be seen in Premiere

.mogrts are a great way to create stylized transitions and such, but the inability to add markers that are viewable within Premiere creates inconvenience when actually putting these into use. Being able to send an AE timeline marker back into Premiere within the mogrt would be hugely helpful!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Network Shared Plugins Folder

Medium sized studios struggle with differences in plugins installed. Artists often encounter missing plugins when opening other people's projects. And keeping track of what plugin is installed where is a hussle.

Nuke allows linking to network folders (via Python) where every gizmo and plugin is installed. Loaded on application open. Of course licensing is still configured per plugin but it unifies what peple have and even with missing license you can see what it does.

Please give us such option

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put pre-comps into a "Pre-comps" folder automatically, just like solids

This could be a checkbox in the Pre-compose creation dialogue box. When enabled, precomps are automatically stored in a "Pre-comps" folder at the root level of the project. This would keep large projects so much tidier as we work. I always have to go clean up my dozens of pre-comps that are scattered all over in my primary folders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Crop Using Region Of Interest not working

I expect to output only the Region Of Interest, but Ae just outputs the complete Comp.
    Look like the Output Module does not communicate with the set Region Of Interest. (see screenshot).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Overwrite / yes to all

In a design process, it can come in handy to overwrite a lot of renders over and over. As a service, AE adds 1 when a filename already exists.
    I would like to have an option to just overwrite All, without having to go to the Folder and removing old versions, or remove
    1 from each new Output filename.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Batch Proxy Relinking & Improved Proxy Creation

So it has been a long time since i needed to create proxies for after effects, but today I did and was horrified by the workflow.

You have to literally do it one-by-one for each file in the project list. Alternatively, AE likes to just create a useless composition, per piece of footage instead to render, and then re-links all of those to the proxy.

There is no way to batch link them! I decided just to do it in media encoder and do it one by one.

This could massively be improved by being able to select several pieces…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Slow, laggy, please BRING BACK H264/H265 codec

All major online video platforms utilize and prefer H264/H265 codec's when uploading. We were once able to render directly from the software. Since the codec isn't fully supported but I can import some videos, sometimes they look ok and sometimes they don't. When I try to render, some render fine and others render in mostly green with red flickers, with the same render settings. I honestly never had this issue before. PLEASE BRING BACK H264/H265 COMPATABILITY for all our sakes and mental health. I am sure you are making some college students go premature grey.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it possible to render stills without framenumbering

Even when the File Name template is set to "[compName].[fileExtension]" Ae adds 00000 to single frame Compositions.
    I have to remove those all the time in some workflows.
    Please make it possible to render stills without

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to "reference", rather than just import, external AE projects

It would be fantastic to be able to reference other AE projects into the current project, so that if one of the comps in the referenced project changes it will update where it is referenced as well (not unlike when working with imported .psds or using dynamic link with premiere). This would be tremendously helpful in situations where multiple artists are sharing assets (especially for character animation/character rig/background art projects), as changes would propagate where needed rather than have to be recreated anywhere else that asset is used.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Separate key frame for mask feather

Can we please have a separate keyframe property for mask feather - the one done with the mask feather tool? Right now the feather values are stored in the mask property keyframes, but this is really bad for workflow - I'don't know a single roto artist that does feathering while doing the shapes - it's always shapes first, for the entire shot, and then a second pass to do the feathering. The way it works now is I have to set the feather in each mask keyframe that was done without a feather, which is counter intuitive since feathers require…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Magenta Color Shift when exporting ProRes4444 with AE2020 on Windows

In AE2020 Exporting a clip as ProRes4444 Millions of Colors on Windows results in an Output with a color shift towards Magenta. This can only be resolved by changing the codec to Trillions of colors.

Also when Using ProRes 4444 XQ with the same color settings the color shift gets an additions Gamma shift problem.

On AE 2019 this issue was not there. Also on Mac this issue can not be seen.

We tested it on multiple Windows machines and on all of them the problem appears with AE 2020 v.17.1.4

Please fix this problem

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. the idea:- is we want make range selector also from right to left in arabic text to move 2 line and more

the idea:- is we want make range selector also from right to left in arabic text to move 2 line and more you can see the problem in this video i explane https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/a946e31a-cfb6-4d71-7d98-8c94322159d2

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Scripting Bug - Duplicating layers with layer controls

I'm using a script I sell to make a grid of layers. For some reason, if there's an expression on the layer that I'm duplicating that points to a layer control on the layer or on another layer, it locks up After Effects completely. I can replicate the issue at will.

I assume it's because After Effects doesn't know how to reference the expression as it copies? If I disable the expression, it works.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Major Bug! : imported EXR getx cut off in After Effects 18.2

In After Effects 18.2 impordet EXR Files gets cropped incorrectly which makes it impossible to work with EXR files.
    See example file attached.
    Here's an exr file for you to test: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xazi4vu8kxxxxa6/BademiljoSquare_0004.exr?dl=0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow & interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3D view options get orphaned when there's no 3D layer in the scene.

You can go into Multiple views for 3D when a 3D layer or Camera is present in the comp, but if you Precomp that scene and your Precomp is 2D, all the 3D view options go away and you can't switch back to single view (1view). Please fix this ASAP. Big time waster

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Project default directories

AE is pretty good at remembering last used directories. It remembers separate directories for import, scripts, render - it's really nice. But things get annoying when I'm working on a couple projects at the same time. I have to surf the file dialogs throughout the entire day.
    It would be nice if in the project preferences we could have a checkbox saying that I want this project to use it's own default directories, and then I would be able to hardcode the directories for this given project.
    So now, if a project doesn't have this option selected, it uses the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base