After Effects

Welcome to the Adobe After Effects feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the After Effects team via this UserVoice site and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the After Effects community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After Effects 2020 Cineware Errors

A simple Cinema 4D project file won't render properly in After Effects 2020. It works without a problem in After Effects 2019. I have found the issue to be the Boole object in the object manager. If you turn off the Boole, the scene will render in After Effects. Therefore, it must be a bug introduced in the AE 2020. I have attached the C4D file for confirmation of the bug: https://rebrand.ly/cinema4d_file

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CRASH: Changing font (Version 16.1.3)

After Effect v. 16.1.3

When I double click the text that I want to edit and go to the fonts dropdown to change the font. It opens normally, like it should.However, as soon as I press an arrow key on my keyboard to navigate through the list.. it immediately crashes.

This is very annoying as it happend a few times now which results in losing some progress over and over again.

I'll stay away from the arrow keys until its fixed ;)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Rendering Glitch

I was putting together a video which had not that many elements which was running smooth throughout the process. Mind you we are running these programs on iMac Pros so it should not be a problem. The video in total was about 2min & 2sec. The problems started to arise when I started to render through Adobe Media Encoder. The render itself took about 35 to 45 mins which is odd. With the number of elements running on the video plus the iMac it’s also running on should not take that long. While rendering I was scrubbing back and forth…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. BUG: Ghost frame showing when no other layer is present

This is an issue I have researched far and wide and tried MANY solutions for. Often, not always, a single frame from somewhere else in my project will appear in the final renders of my videos, in sections where there are no layers active. Any place where there should just be black on the screen, i.e. a fade out or simple space between clips, is subject to this happening. I have read so many forum articles about this, spanning all the way back to 2010, and even on the most updated version (15.1.2), the problem still appears and not a…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Send to After Effects doesn't send R3D RAW settings

If you send to AE from Premiere the R3D raw settings don't carry through. Makes the workflow useless.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 16.1 update memory bug

After updating to 16.1 After effects is unable to allocate memory. I have a 64GB RAM system, but After effects is unable to load frames more than 10 frames HD at quarter resolution, suggests getting more RAM...
    Also, the update doesn't migrate the panel layout settings or revert to them when opening a existing project which was saved with the panel layout (which is kinda weird, AE has a tendency to rearrange the panel layout when opening a project for an other user to their layout (very frustrating...), but when you actually want this to happen (because for some strange…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Blank window, UI not showing up

My entire after effects window is just completely blank. The welcome window appears normally but nothing else. I can see my cursor changing as I hover over parts of the window and can click hidden buttons if I click around enough. If I choose to pop out panels they render, but otherwise are invisible.

I’ve reinstalled and cleaned my computer of all adobe files with adobe‘s cleaner app. All my other adobe programs work fine.

This started happening after Cinema 4D lite crashed while asking for Mac accessibility permissions.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Some conflict between cuda and AE 2018/2019 and transform effect

Error GPU out of memory appears when I use "transform" effect on a solid layer, if I disable GPU acceleration or work in AE CC 2017 all is fine.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for filing this bug report.

We need more information about the conditions you experience the problem.

• What OS and version are you using? i.e., Windows 10 or macOS 10.14
    • What graphics card is installed? What driver version?
    • Does the this problem only happen in your existing projects, or does it occur if you create a new comp and a new solid, and apply only the Transform effect?

Update 26 Nov 2018:
    Could you share a project with us that exhibits the problem? I think we need to inspect the specific conditions of the comp that you’re using. We’re not able to reproduce the problem with a simple comp + solid.

Post a link to your files here, or if you prefer not to post publicly you can send it to aebugs@adobe.com. (If you send to that address: A) Do not send .zip files, they will be blocked;…

9. Fix Dynamic link with Character Animator

Would be nice if DL worked as advertised... AE won't see updated CA file, plays the original file. Very annoying. I have to save out to new project file from CA and then replace footage in AE. What's the point then for DL?????

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: Warp Stabilizer used drifts for one second at the start of a clip.

Warp Stabilizer used as Apply Motion to target drifts for one second at the start of the clip before doing its job right. Even if you change the "In" point of the clip, the drift is always one second, at the start.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Project loading bug when using Dynamic Link with Premiere

When using a Premiere sequence in AE (File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import Premiere Pro Sequece...) the project will not open until you first open the linked project in Premiere first.

AE just freezes at the loading screen and never loads the project.

Please reference this forum thread:
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10214005#10214005

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. dropbox

Allow Render Queue to render a sequence into a Dropbox Folder.

Currently when we render sequences (movies are fine) to a dropbox folder, it almost immediately gets an error and stops rendering the sequence.

Presumably dropbox tries to sync the newly made file before AFX has written it out completely. So the file presumably comes under Dropbox's control as AFX tries to write it, causing a conflict error.

It basically means that I'm forced to render elsewhere, then copy the files manually into the dropbox folder once done. Not ideal. No other software has this issue when writing image files…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Interspersing random frames from other layers

Just upgraded go AE 2018. Some improvements, of course, but one glaring bug...during playback, random frames from other layers are inserted into other layers during playback. When I downsave the project to AE 2014 and pull it up in that version, it doesn't happen.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG - Levels

The levels effect sometimes doesn't update when parameters are changed. Visually, everything stays the same. This will persist through purges. After a random period of time, it will eventually update. It won't show any blue bars like it's trying to preview anything either. Curves, however, updates instantly.

I've tried it setting the project to Open CL, and just Mercury Software. The issue persists. It's not all the time either, but I can't figure out what causes it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After Effects 2018 in render only mode: possible bug

We are currently having an issue with submitting After Effects 2018 files to Deadline 10. We have no issues with After Effects 2017, so there had to have been a change made in the programming between the two. We want to move forward with using 2018 but this slows our entire rendering pipeline. We need a solution for this! Here is the Adobe support forum I was pointed to this page by. https://forums.adobe.com/message/10571227 from what I am seeing this is not happening with many different rendering management software, not just deadline. Our IT department has tried everything they can with…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. JSON + expressions = highly unstable

When working with JSON data in a project, writing general expressions results in AE becoming highly unstable. The resulting crashes will often result in a corrupt project recovery-file being generated.

It seems like the function sourceRectAtTime() is causing a lot of trouble, especially when passing a time parameter to it, i.e. 'sourceRectAtTime(thisComp.duration/2, true)'.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Team Projects in AE crashes every time you try and copy a PSD from one composition to another

I'm trying out team projects for the first time with 2 other animators. I created a master team project file that they are trying to incorporate their existing AEP files into. Each animator imported their old AEP files into the team project. They need to copy layers from their imported comps and paste them into compositions that I made in the team project. Every single time they hit command C to copy the layers from their imported projects, AE crashes and shuts down completely without warning. This was reproducible on different computers on different Adobe accounts. It also happened on…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Libraries panel causes repeated script errors

The opening of the libraries panel causes repeated "Unable to execute script at line 1, File or folder does not exist" errors. This recurrs when opening any document where the libraries panel was open.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AE crashes every 5-10 minutes, always when I'm moving a layer in space

Running AE 15.1.1 build 12 on Mac Pro 2013, MacOS 10.13.4 (17E199).

I'm not using any third-party plugins. It doesn't matter what the layer is that I'm repositioning, or whether it has any effects on it. It happen in simple comps and in complex ones.

I've tried removing and reinstalling AE from scratch. I've tried switching between software rendering and OpenGL hardware rendering. I've sent endless crash reports to Adobe. Nothing helps.

It always happens when I'm adjusting the X, Y or Z position of a layer in the normal way. It's driving me crazy.

Anyone got any ideas?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AE CC 2018: incredibly slow project saving after win 10 anniversary update, memory problems, etc.

It would be good to reconcile with Microsoft and Dell !!! We pay for this low quality product !!!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base